ADVERTISEMENT

All Stations....Please Stand By...

My last comment on them. I certainly wish their kids all the best, and from what I hear Pius is a very good school that gives a great education. They are like all private schools in if you are paying $10-30,000 a year for a high school diploma, you are going to have very involved parents who are making sure their kids behave and are doing things the right way (for the most part). I do find the antics, casenet, facebook posts as cheap entertainment.
My last comment as well: lot of stuff could be classified as cheap in this whole situation. With the exception of the stuff on CaseNet and the $15 service fee a coach was charging his players recently to get them signed up at the local training facility.

My last comment as well: lot of stuff could be classified as cheap in this whole situation. With the exception of the stuff on CaseNet and the $15 service fee a coach was charging his players recently to get them signed up at the local training facility.
Okay someone has to elaborate on this.... (waiting in anticipation!)

That brings up a good point:

I read on mosports that a big reason certain private schools excel at sport like football is due to parent involvement:

Doesn't seem to be the case at SPX (east).

Anyone able to explain that?
Just my opinion, but PIus has always been a strong volleyball and soccer school. My speculation would be if they step up their game in other sports, that brings in more students which in turn brings in more tuition dollars in this increasingly more costly times. They have brought in a couple of little league coaches who have access to a lot of athletes in the area. They have a President who has a son in the program, and understandably wants him to do well.

My irritation with them is the mouth piece, talking all the credit, putting down the other coaches, and nonsense talk. They are speaking to a small crowd, but things like bad mouthing the former football coach and saying they were building the program from the ground up, and building a tradition. Fact is Dan Oliver is a great guy, no nonsense, and won 8 games in 3 of his 4 seasons there. He was working their part time, his parents are getting older, and he wanted to back off of some of the school hours. From what I understand, Pius said they wanted someone full time, but then hired a football coach without a degree and isn't a teacher. Seems contradictory.

I'm paraphrasing but putting out statements like "the college recruiting process I have is like none other. I tried to do it at Hillsboro but they weren't interested in helping kids. None of the local schools do". So your telling me for example coach Ofidle at Festus, who played D1 football, NFL, had a son play D1 football, coach Rouggley at Jefferson who had a lineman at Arkansas, coach Schmidt who has coached for close to 30 years, etc., none of them gave any recruiting help to their kids and their players where all just ignored? That's a load of bull and anybody who buys that should be embarrassed.

The coach formerly talked about private schools and how they are getting kids from all around the area, but now it's the greatest thing going. Boasting about beating Herculaneum 55-0, and the JV going undefeated and unscored upon in conf play, give me a break. They draw from Herky, you can draw from every school in Jefferson county, plus Bonne Terre, Waterloo IL, South St Louis County, etc Obviously not all rival and neighboring coaches get along, but they are almost always cordial and respectful on the radio and on social media, and support each other. Blasting the other little leagues, feeder leagues, and promote your own ($), come on man.

The legal stuff, I could care less about, but find it for good reading and head shaking. I just find it hard to understand how private schools don't want to be a part of public education, but want to be a part of public school athletics.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but there is a ton of nonsense IMO and I'm surprised it's allowed.

So we got an overweight coach, talking about having a superior ncaa recruitment philosophy, aggravating area coaches, running double tight ground and pound offense despite having superior athletes to their competition… did Pius hire Carl Reed??

• Haha
Reactions: FootOnTheGas
Just my opinion, but PIus has always been a strong volleyball and soccer school. My speculation would be if they step up their game in other sports, that brings in more students which in turn brings in more tuition dollars in this increasingly more costly times. They have brought in a couple of little league coaches who have access to a lot of athletes in the area. They have a President who has a son in the program, and understandably wants him to do well.

My irritation with them is the mouth piece, talking all the credit, putting down the other coaches, and nonsense talk. They are speaking to a small crowd, but things like bad mouthing the former football coach and saying they were building the program from the ground up, and building a tradition. Fact is Dan Oliver is a great guy, no nonsense, and won 8 games in 3 of his 4 seasons there. He was working their part time, his parents are getting older, and he wanted to back off of some of the school hours. From what I understand, Pius said they wanted someone full time, but then hired a football coach without a degree and isn't a teacher. Seems contradictory.

I'm paraphrasing but putting out statements like "the college recruiting process I have is like none other. I tried to do it at Hillsboro but they weren't interested in helping kids. None of the local schools do". So your telling me for example coach Ofidle at Festus, who played D1 football, NFL, had a son play D1 football, coach Rouggley at Jefferson who had a lineman at Arkansas, coach Schmidt who has coached for close to 30 years, etc., none of them gave any recruiting help to their kids and their players where all just ignored? That's a load of bull and anybody who buys that should be embarrassed.

The coach formerly talked about private schools and how they are getting kids from all around the area, but now it's the greatest thing going. Boasting about beating Herculaneum 55-0, and the JV going undefeated and unscored upon in conf play, give me a break. They draw from Herky, you can draw from every school in Jefferson county, plus Bonne Terre, Waterloo IL, South St Louis County, etc Obviously not all rival and neighboring coaches get along, but they are almost always cordial and respectful on the radio and on social media, and support each other. Blasting the other little leagues, feeder leagues, and promote your own ($), come on man.

The legal stuff, I could care less about, but find it for good reading and head shaking. I just find it hard to understand how private schools don't want to be a part of public education, but want to be a part of public school athletics.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but there is a ton of nonsense IMO and I'm surprised it's allowed.
BRAVO!!!!!! PARDON ME WHILE I STAND AND APPLAUD!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT