ADVERTISEMENT

All Stations....Please Stand By...

200w.gif

• Love
Reactions: thetophat2021
Hearing rumors that there has been seen white smoke from Jefferson County as the JCAA have voted to remove St. Pius X from the conference.

Dang that is a big deal! For football alone that is almost their entire schedule gone now. I am no AD or head coach but I would think a majority of teams already have their schedule set for next season around the state.... Isn't St. Vincent in their conference as well? That would mean another Archdiocese school voted them out as well. You can't say its because of them being too good either. They got beat by 3 schools in their conference this year. I am sure since it is the conference it drastically effects other sports of theirs as well. Could you imagine being a baseball coach with the season basically underway and half your teams are now off your schedule.....

Reactions: FootOnTheGas
Dang that is a big deal! For football alone that is almost their entire schedule gone now. I am no AD or head coach but I would think a majority of teams already have their schedule set for next season around the state.... Isn't St. Vincent in their conference as well? That would mean another Archdiocese school voted them out as well. You can't say its because of them being too good either. They got beat by 3 schools in their conference this year. I am sure since it is the conference it drastically effects other sports of theirs as well. Could you imagine being a baseball coach with the season basically underway and half your teams are now off your schedule.....
Voting to remove from conference wouldn't necessarily change an existing schedule though would it? Especially mid season.

I don't know anything about this school or conference so maybe there is more going on where they would in fact so none of us are playing you in anything from this day hence forth?

I heard it
Voting to remove from conference wouldn't necessarily change an existing schedule though would it? Especially mid season.

I don't know anything about this school or conference so maybe there is more going on where they would in fact so none of us are playing you in anything from this day hence forth?
I heard it was effective immediately, so one would assume so.

I'm sure more information will be coming out in next few days and weeks...hopefully someone posts more when they know...sounds like area supes got tired of playing checkers and played chess instead...Checkmate.

Reactions: footballaholic16
From their HC post just a few days ago "The youth football organizations in the area have decided that their programs would be better served playing lesser competition. They have literally voting the good teams off of their schedule and they believe it will help their programs somehow. If the choice is winning or development, I take development every times. The wins will come later. what I've read, this is just that."

Seems like a win for them to me in they can now get that better competition. CBC and DeSmet travel all over for games, now they can drive to Crystal City and be home by 1030 PM.

From their HC post just a few days ago "The youth football organizations in the area have decided that their programs would be better served playing lesser competition. They have literally voting the good teams off of their schedule and they believe it will help their programs somehow. If the choice is winning or development, I take development every times. The wins will come later. what I've read, this is just that."

Seems like a win for them to me in they can now get that better competition. CBC and DeSmet travel all over for games, now they can drive to Crystal City and be home by 1030 PM.
If that was a direct quote from the HC at Pius, he needs to go back to ske... skoooo...school. Can barely read that thing lol.

Reactions: FootOnTheGas
If that was a direct quote from the HC at Pius, he needs to go back to ske... skoooo...school. Can barely read that thing lol.
I should have added the SIC after the last period, and below.

Just my opinion but I am guessing that Pius is clearly taking steps to up their game, there has been an uptick in transfers, and there have been posts made that were bad mouthing the other schools and coaches, and in response the conference schools said best of luck.

Context below - Pius has a youth football program they are starting. Some of their coach's opinions below. They shouldn't ever complain about travel distance either.

"I used to chase losses, go and find the teams that were better than we were. At first they were easy to find. However, over time there became less and less of them. We would go around the country trying to find losses. Before long, teams were running from us, thinking that somehow their team would get better. They may have lost less, but they were worse for it."

"I commend the Saints organization for excepting their invitations into the Show Me Youth Football league. They are the largest and best league around. They are working with channel 11 to feature Saturday morning games on tc. They will have media days, and they will hav esolid competition with great organizations.

how does a team playing Cuba accuse others of playing lesser competition?

Woof

The biggest thing I hear on reasoning for attending a private school nowadays is to flee the indoctrination and garbage of public education, and they don't want the government having so much say so in their child's education. If you as a school don't want to be associated with public education, then why would you want to / remain part of a public school conference anyways? I would venture to say at this time there are probably very few private schools in a public school conference anymore.

I've said it 10 times before, very easy solution in separate regulations, separate classifications. Do whatever you want, enroll who you want, play who you want, and everybody will smile.

Reactions: farmer_fran
From the Award winning journalist himself:
The fun part if you have 4-5 hours is going on the paper's Facebook page and reading....it all boils down to one thing...adults who were never relevant when younger have ruined a good thing for innocent kids to try to become relevant and the people in charge let other people influence them to get rid of some decent, maybe even morally right, people and bring in a few extremely sketchy people with very sketchy pasts (casenet) and they've been selling their magic elixir for years to anyone who would literally buy in to their gibberish.
https://www.myleaderpaper.com/news/...cle_34e5f0ae-dc0b-11ee-ac24-f7dc0e9e6064.html
I will be more than happy for St. Pius athletes if even after all this they are still competitive and successful...there are some great families that are a part of that school.

From the Award winning journalist himself:
The fun part if you have 4-5 hours is going on the paper's Facebook page and reading....it all boils down to one thing...adults who were never relevant when younger have ruined a good thing for innocent kids to try to become relevant and the people in charge let other people influence them to get rid of some decent, maybe even morally right, people and bring in a few extremely sketchy people with very sketchy pasts (casenet) and they've been selling their magic elixir for years to anyone who would literally buy in to their gibberish.
https://www.myleaderpaper.com/news/...cle_34e5f0ae-dc0b-11ee-ac24-f7dc0e9e6064.html
I will be more than happy for St. Pius athletes if even after all this they are still competitive and successful...there are some great families that are a part of that school.
You are very wise. I have heard some stories about these characters that make you shake your head that it is being allowed and celebrated. Much like Trump and the right wing, it is all "fake news" I'm sure.

If you think about it, volleyball, softball, baseball, and basketball have been oversaturated with travel and select teams. It has led to a year round busine$$, and there is great profit to me made. Little league football hasn't been quite as exploited, so to me this looks like just that.

You are very wise. I have heard some stories about these characters that make you shake your head that it is being allowed and celebrated. Much like Trump and the right wing, it is all "fake news" I'm sure.

If you think about it, volleyball, softball, baseball, and basketball have been oversaturated with travel and select teams. It has led to a year round busine$$, and there is great profit to me made. Little league football hasn't been quite as exploited, so to me this looks like just that.
I try very hard to keep politics out of the sports boards but you do realize there are some of us out here who are "right wing", correct?

The Facebook post by the newspaper is absolutely blowing up with comments. Did a quick read through it and parents around the county are claiming they were reached out too as well as their children about being recruited for sports to go to Pius. So I would say if the entire county voted them out after being in the same conference for basically the entire existence of St. Pius X (Festus), then there is obviously stuff going on.

Historically, they have always belonged to the MEH conference.....but now they are thinking BIGGER....

I stand corrected on the travel comment. Apparently they are building to compete nationally, so travel will presumably not be an issue.

I stand corrected on the travel comment. Apparently they are building to compete nationally, so travel will presumably not be an issue.
Nationally? If it wasn't for Bishop Dubourg they would be the worst catholic school in the whole St. Louis Diocese. Might try fixing that first if they're too big time for Jeffco

My last comment on them. I certainly wish their kids all the best, and from what I hear Pius is a very good school that gives a great education. They are like all private schools in if you are paying $10-30,000 a year for a high school diploma, you are going to have very involved parents who are making sure their kids behave and are doing things the right way (for the most part). I do find the antics, casenet, facebook posts as cheap entertainment.

My last comment on them. I certainly wish their kids all the best, and from what I hear Pius is a very good school that gives a great education. They are like all private schools in if you are paying $10-30,000 a year for a high school diploma, you are going to have very involved parents who are making sure their kids behave and are doing things the right way (for the most part). I do find the antics, casenet, facebook posts as cheap entertainment.
That brings up a good point:

I read on mosports that a big reason certain private schools excel at sport like football is due to parent involvement:

Doesn't seem to be the case at SPX (east).

Anyone able to explain that?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT