ADVERTISEMENT

C6#3 Kickapoo(19-1) @ C5#7West Plains(15-4)

ChaoticFanatic

Mar 12, 2009
THE OZARKS
West Plains has definitely had their growing pains this year but the Lady Zizzers are 15-4(4-0 in the OC) have won 11 straight after starting the season 4-4.

There is a 3-way tie for first in the OC between WP, Poo, and Rolla.

I do think Kickapoo is favored by 10-15 pts in this game on paper, but WP hasn’t lost since December 27th and have won those games by an average of 18+

WP has 7 games left on their schedule before districts and I predict they’ll go 5-2 with the remainder of the schedule and actually have them picked to lose this one, but there’s a part of me that thinks this will be a game. And I hope it is.

Go Lady Z!

I’ll be watching the stream of MG girls @ Willow girls on YouTube.
There were excuses made as to why Willow beat grove at their own tournament so this is round 2. And more than likely the winner for the most part locks down 3rd place in the SCA

Last I saw, WP was down 26 pts in the 4th. Wow.

Kickapoo is good, but losing by 30ish, WP still has Rolla and Marshfield on the schedule before districts. Hope they have a better showing for those two games.

WP is better than CJ but they have a similar problem. When you have 1 really good player good teams will shut them down and there is no where else to go.

Reactions: ChaoticFanatic
WP is better than CJ but they have a similar problem. When you have 1 really good player good teams will shut them down and there is no where else to go.
Lawson has picked up a lot of slack at the PG position. She’s avg around 15 a game. Joyner is obviously their go to averaging 20+ but even though Joyner is 6’1 or whatever, offensively, she’s a guard. So they have 2 good guards, and nothing down below on offense. This will probably be their last shot to get back to the final 4 for awhile. It’s still possible, they may do it, but if they do, they will get wrecked in Columbia

They are not getting to final four. They are a solid team, but not even close good enough to get to the final four. They have overachieved this year and benefited from basketball being down across the board around SW MO. You see it in the SCA too. I thought at the start of the year that Thayer was really good. And they are solid, but not nearly as good as expected. They are feasting on a bad area. There are 3 other average to mediocre teams in the SCA. Then some awful teams. Kinda sad.

If I only had 2 good players I would rather them be guards. CJ has a D1 center but can't get the ball across half court against anyone above average.

Reactions: Comeagle
I just saw that Joyner is going to C of O. I kind of thought she was more of a D2 level player. Maybe she just likes there. I just never saw a large difference between her and Kylie Scott and she is going D1.

I just saw that Joyner is going to C of O. I kind of thought she was more of a D2 level player. Maybe she just likes there. I just never saw a large difference between her and Kylie Scott and she is going D1.
I’d say that she probably has more of a chance at making an impact sooner at somewhere like C of O.
Buerge, Mays, and Stokes I feel like we’re more intense players, more of a go getter than Joyner. Just my opinion. Joyners a good ball player, I just think she’ll fit in with the talent level and C of O and get to play sooner.

Reactions: AC100
I saw that WP barely got by Waynesville last night. Not a good sign.

Lady Z are 16-5 (5-1 in OC)
Definitely sitting better than I thought they would after how the season started.

Still two big tell tale games coming up before districts though.

To me the comp for Joyner is Kylie Scott. I have only seen Joyner play a full game a few times and none this year. She isn't as athletic as Scott but I thought maybe she was a better shooter.

To me the comp for Joyner is Kylie Scott. I have only seen Joyner play a full game a few times and none this year. She isn't as athletic as Scott but I thought maybe she was a better shooter.

She is a very good shooter. I think her lack of physicality sometimes hinders her and because of that she can get her rhythm interrupted against a physical defender if she has to drive and create space for shots.
As far as a spot up shooter goes though, she’s pretty dang good. When she’s on, watch out lol

I think you guys are on the right mark for Joyner. I think she has also struggled with following Judd. Some people thought she was going to be Judd 2.0, but anyone with any type of objective view could see they are completely different players. Joyner is a really solid player and a great shooter at times, but she is not even close to Judd 2.0. I think CofO will be a great fit for her.

I think you guys are on the right mark for Joyner. I think she has also struggled with following Judd. Some people thought she was going to be Judd 2.0, but anyone with any type of objective view could see they are completely different players. Joyner is a really solid player and a great shooter at times, but she is not even close to Judd 2.0. I think CofO will be a great fit for her.

I agree. I never thought she would turn into the next Judd, they may both be tall, but Judd was just a different kind of player. A more complete player. Did all of the little things plus all the big things she was expected to do. And she also wasn’t deterred by contact.
Joyner will do fine in college ball, she’s just a different kind of player is all, and there’s nothing wrong with that. Judd is a once in a generation kind of talent that WP might not see for a very long time.

Maybe a good comparison for Joyner is the former COFO player from West Plains, Cassidy Johnson. She was tall and a shooter as well

Cass Johnson was a heck of a player.
I don’t think she was tall though. Not short by any means but I wanna say 5’7-5’8 maybe?

Cass is 5’7” to 5’8”. With their current lineup and the addition of Joyner, C of O is going to be loaded. Their sophomore PG is good. Their sophomore post is probably one of the best in NAIA. Jones their freshman SG also is probably having one of the best seasons for a freshman in NAIA

Yeah I guess I thought she was more like 5'9-5'10 but the styles of play and skills profiles are probably similar. Cass was likely a better shooter and Joyner better inside/rebounding with her being taller.

Cass Johnson was an absolute stud. I watched her take games over in a similar fashion to Judd. If she had been the same height as Judd I think she may have been Judd before Judd was Judd. She had the motor and the physical play and she could shoot the lights out

Cass Johnson was an absolute stud. I watched her take games over in a similar fashion to Judd. If she had been the same height as Judd I think she may have been Judd before Judd was Judd. She had the motor and the physical play and she could shoot the lights out

Pretty sure she is still in the record books in a few categories at both WP and C of O

There are a lot of years that CofO is better than many D2 teams. Not to mention the education she is going to get.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT