ADVERTISEMENT

They Called Me a Mad-Man! M-I-Z!

BPcompete

Nov 20, 2018
Saint Louis, USA
I said a couple of months back that this was the most talented/best Mizzou team in 50+ years. I received pushback from the Nostalgic old men in here.

At the time I said Mizzou went toe to toe with the #1 Team in the country, on the road and actually dominated the L.O.S. Didnt do any gimmicks/trick plays just lined up man on man and played with Georgia. NO OTHER MIZZOU TEAM has ever done that or even close.

Mizzou still lost the game because we have a C- player at QB.

Then we go to the Cotton Bowl and physically whip the Buckeyes. Knocked their QB out the game and bullied them at the line.

This team may have 6 or 7 guys be drafted and maybe 10+ play in the NFL. Extremely talented group. The other great Mizzou teams, all were too soft in the end. I believe if this team had even a B- QB they would have won the National Championship.

I would pat you on the back but you are doing a pretty good job of doing that yourself…🤣🤣🤣!!!
In all seriousness, I wasn’t high on them at the very beginning of the season. And playing SEC schedule is brutal … I think the QB play improved greatly as the season wore on, including vs OSU. He appeared to see the field better and frustrated defenses when scrambling on 3rd and long. And true, they had beaten Georgia before but not when Georgia was on the throne! Looking forward to see how he improves next year!!!!👍

Generally speaking, if you aren’t worried about a major fall off defensively in 2024, you aren’t being realistic.

I am worried about an offensive and defensive falloff!!!! Hope they prove me wrong!

Oh I’m not saying the 2013 GA team was as good as past 2-3 years. But was still a huge win on the road. GA was the number #7 team and MU was like #25. So a big win for Pinkel and MU.

Reactions: Toots_mcgee
Oh I’m not saying the 2013 GA team was as good as past 2-3 years. But was still a huge win on the road. GA was the number #7 team and MU was like #25. So a big win for Pinkel and MU.
Facts it felt that way at the time. But as the season unfolded, Georgia lost 5 games and finished the season unranked. Mizzou got 59 points and 700 yards put on them in the SEC Championship game. Proving they couldn’t hang with the big dogs and still too soft in the trenches.

This year’s team played with B2B Win Streak Georgia and ran on them. Brady Cook is just a hopeless QB. He goes one read then takes off. Horrible mechanics and no pocket awareness. His back breaking INT’s vs LSU and Georgia is why we didnt go undefeated.

They have 1 commit in the top 10 Missouri Recruits. This was a fact. Had they just got 5 of the Top 10 their 21st ranked class wouldve been top 15.

The 2024 class is based off prior years record and results. If we'd had went 11-2 with a nyd 6 bowl win its safe to assume a higher ranking.

Reactions: BPcompete
Facts it felt that way at the time. But as the season unfolded, Georgia lost 5 games and finished the season unranked. Mizzou got 59 points and 700 yards put on them in the SEC Championship game. Proving they couldn’t hang with the big dogs and still too soft in the trenches.

This year’s team played with B2B Win Streak Georgia and ran on them. Brady Cook is just a hopeless QB. He goes one read then takes off. Horrible mechanics and no pocket awareness. His back breaking INT’s vs LSU and Georgia is why we didnt go undefeated.
I figured you for a Cook fan. I look for a big year from him with that receiving corp.

I figured you for a Cook fan. I look for a big year from him with that receiving corp.
I don’t enjoy watching him play. It’s very obvious that he makes one read (Luther Burden) and then puts his head down and looks to run.

the dominant run game allowed us to get great passing looks and he did a great job connecting on bombs when there were available.

But play to play down to down he isnt good. Struggles reading the field and has very bad footwork. That leads to inaccurate passes.

Funny because Mizzou has had plenty of good QBs over the years. You team one of them up with the Run game and Defense from this season and its a National Championship in there somewhere

One thing about cook is he seldom throws to the middle of the field. A huge majority of his throws are to the outside. I hope they change that in 2024.

He doesnt have the arm to fire into those smaller windows.
I can Make it fit!
giphy.gif
cb522dd6-2fc5-42a5-8b5f-e2bd47eaa543_text.gif
56042920-e542-49a3-a6ff-012478ac9630_text.gif

I said a couple of months back that this was the most talented/best Mizzou team in 50+ years. I received pushback from the Nostalgic old men in here.

At the time I said Mizzou went toe to toe with the #1 Team in the country, on the road and actually dominated the L.O.S. Didnt do any gimmicks/trick plays just lined up man on man and played with Georgia. NO OTHER MIZZOU TEAM has ever done that or even close.

Mizzou still lost the game because we have a C- player at QB.

Then we go to the Cotton Bowl and physically whip the Buckeyes. Knocked their QB out the game and bullied them at the line.

This team may have 6 or 7 guys be drafted and maybe 10+ play in the NFL. Extremely talented group. The other great Mizzou teams, all were too soft in the end. I believe if this team had even a B- QB they would have won the National Championship.
little much there buddy with the natty talk
great season by mizzou standards though

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT