ADVERTISEMENT

Drink fans unite

Toots_mcgee

Nov 10, 2020
Up 13 in the 4th quarter and you have crossed the 50. It’s 4th and 1. You can put the game away. What did Drink do? He sent a clear message to his offense—I don’t trust you to get a yard. He sent a clear message to his defense—I don’t trust you to hold their offense.

Mizzou, at home, had to fight and get some breaks to hold on vs a team Bama beat 56-7 last week.

And running this Division 2 running back over and over. Come on man. Enough.

• Haha
Reactions: Veer2Eternity
Had higher hopes this season but it appears not much has changed from last year except the defense will keep them in games until they gas out late. The new OC is in name only. Its still drinks offense with a barely P5 qb if that.

Reactions: Toots_mcgee
The big names go to the higher profile schools. Thus programs like Mizzou take the leftovers or have to gamble on an unknown.
Could they get better coaches if they offered ($$$) more ? They are in the SEC... how "higher profile" could they be ?

Could they get better coaches if they offered ($$$) more ? They are in the SEC... how "higher profile" could they be ?
And with MO NIL law, they could get a 'name' just due to the fact it's easier (for now) to 'entice' talent to come to Mizzou.

Reactions: Toots_mcgee
Apparently enough people care to rank them the SEVENTH TEAM IN THE COUNTRY! NICE TRY CLOWN!!!
images
thumbs-up-vandermeme.gif

Mizzou is currently a +5, home underdog, per OddsShark. This thing goes totally off the rails Saturday and the hot seat whispers have to start, right? I know Drink got the extension last season on the morning of a game (congrats on hiring a great agent to pull that one off, btw. Someone was hungover and let that one slip by right?) but let's hope he doesn't have the "Cuonzo Martin, I can't be fired" type of contract.
Mizzou has taken fliers on Barry Odom, it didn't work, and on Dennis Gates, looked good the first season. The University has upgraded both the game day and practice facilities and has nice NIL ruling to work with. Now it's time to hump up, spend some money and hire the best disgraced head coach (a Hugh Freeze or Matt Rhule-type) or the best assistant on the market (Steve Sarkisian or a Kirby Smart) Taking a flier on a one year coach from a moderately successful FCS program, jumping him to the SEC, probably isn't going to cut it. Let's go Mizzou, it's time to put up or shut up.

Mizzou is currently a +5, home underdog, per OddsShark. This thing goes totally off the rails Saturday and the hot seat whispers have to start, right? I know Drink got the extension last season on the morning of a game (congrats on hiring a great agent to pull that one off, btw. Someone was hungover and let that one slip by right?) but let's hope he doesn't have the "Cuonzo Martin, I can't be fired" type of contract.
Mizzou has taken fliers on Barry Odom, it didn't work, and on Dennis Gates, looked good the first season. The University has upgraded both the game day and practice facilities and has nice NIL ruling to work with. Now it's time to hump up, spend some money and hire the best disgraced head coach (a Hugh Freeze or Matt Rhule-type) or the best assistant on the market (Steve Sarkisian or a Kirby Smart) Taking a flier on a one year coach from a moderately successful FCS program, jumping him to the SEC, probably isn't going to cut it. Let's go Mizzou, it's time to put up or shut up.
It went from +1 to +5 after that MTSU $hit show. Lol. That's a bunch of movement just trying to get some action.

His buyout is 75% of the remainder of the contract if fired without cause. That's a huge buyout, considering he resigned last year through 2027 with an AAV of roughly $6M. They fire him after this season, it's basically $20M give or take. Pay a couple Golden Girls and a build your own scandal type situation might suit the university better.

Gates (or Pinkel) is the blueprint for a hire, I think. Someone who's had a run of success at a smaller level and a system or style that translates. Odom had never been a head. Drink had been for a year in a WILDLY successful program with a ton of returners. Even he couldn't muddle that up. Cuonzo, dude, that guy trended downward on every job he ever had. That was just a bad and desperate hire. Sheer laziness lead to that hire.

Freeze and Rhule (although if you go that route, would like to see longer success than Rhule) route could land you a Tom Herman or could've maybe a Mahlzahn before UCF got to the BigXII. It could've gotten you the Lane Train. Kiffin and Leach were hired in the same cycle as Drink. But Mizzou would never go that route. Their best bet is to try to find the next Pinkel or Jason Campbell or Mike Norvell...and hope he's not the next Willie Taggert. The key is finding someone that has at least 3-5 yrs at a G5 type place, but those guys normally don't stay there that long now. It's such a crap shoot anymore.

Btw...if I'm Mizzou...and I'm rolling the dice...GJ Kinne is my dude.

Neon.

Think he could lock down StL and KC?
Without question. But...Why would he leave the Buffs for Mizzou? Honest question. His and Drinks money about the same. So he wouldn't get a raise worthy of it. I think his next move, is a big one.

Without question. But...Why would he leave the Buffs for Mizzou? Honest question. His and Drinks money about the same. So he wouldn't get a raise worthy of it. I think his next move, is a big one.
I think he could command some big $$$$.

Plus it's the SEC. He can really prove some naysayers wrong.

Lock down MO and get the kids out of Fla and could be pretty good. He knows how to hire good assistants it appears.

I think he could command some big $$$$.

Plus it's the SEC. He can really prove some naysayers wrong.

Lock down MO and get the kids out of Fla and could be pretty good. He knows how to hire good assistants it appears.
Oh I have zero doubt he'd command the money. Also have zero doubt MU would bump him enough to consider leaving Boulder. They proved that with Leach and Kiffin. Deion would be no different.

I know MU is in the SEC, but not very sure others see it that way. It's like UK football. We've got a team, but it's rare when others realize we have a team. Best analogy I can come up with to say, his next job is a significant jump.

Penn St, They still have a program? Remember the Sooners taking care of them for a Natty back in the day.
Well perhaps you should stop living in the past! WAKE UP! MY Penn State Nittany lions are ranked SEVENTH in the nation AND are UNDEFEATED!!! Meanwhile the Sooners are ranked a measly NINETEENTH! NICE TRY!!

Reactions: shoot90draw
Agree, with his personality I think he has to be eyeing the NFL.
Idk about the NFL. Maybe. But just doesn’t strike me as that type. I think he enjoys the drama of the college scene. He leans into the doubters and the us against the world stuff. Hard to do that in the league. I just get the feeling he wants to put a Colorado type in the National picture to show he could. Then go take over a blue blood type and just hang nattys.

Go get Malzahn and be done. Mizzou can’t recruit with the big boys and need someone creative on Offense. Need someone like him or Jamey Chadwell. Have to be able to use different type of recruits cuz you’re never gonna get the pro talent to compete with the rest of the SEC

Go get Malzahn and be done. Mizzou can’t recruit with the big boys and need someone creative on Offense. Need someone like him or Jamey Chadwell. Have to be able to use different type of recruits cuz you’re never gonna get the pro talent to compete with the rest of the SEC

Need a good qb with some zip and fix the oline issues and this could be a 9-10 team. Especially with the defense which isnt elite but could he much better if the offense was more consistent. Not sure if horn is the answer,think he's still too inexperienced. Kstate may end costing drink the season and his job.

With the new NIL law they can recruit. Just gotta pony up the $$$$

Malzahn would be a great get, I think. Makes less than $3M. Granted, Orlando is quite a bit nicer than COMO. But I think Malzahn is just the type to want to get back in the SEC and pay some debts off. He's quite the treat though. Not sure he meshes with DRF's personality. Chadwell would scare me a little. Never been anywhere near a P5 program. But seems to be able to build. Charleston was awful when he flipped them. Coastal was in a weird spot with him as the interim when Moglia took a year off and also had just gone from FCS to FBS. He'd be a roll of the dice, but at least has a history of success.

Malzahn would be a great get, I think. Makes less than $3M. Granted, Orlando is quite a bit nicer than COMO. But I think Malzahn is just the type to want to get back in the SEC and pay some debts off. He's quite the treat though. Not sure he meshes with DRF's personality. Chadwell would scare me a little. Never been anywhere near a P5 program. But seems to be able to build. Charleston was awful when he flipped them. Coastal was in a weird spot with him as the interim when Moglia took a year off and also had just gone from FCS to FBS. He'd be a roll of the dice, but at least has a history of success.
Columbia MO has all that Gus Malzahn (and wife) need to be happy: a Waffle House. In fact, there are two Waffle House locations in CoMo. Per Google Maps, there is one located at 2701 S Providence, a mere 4 minute drive south of Faurot Field. The Malzahn tradition of a post game; "Scattered, Covered, & Chunked" could carry on and the rest is, well, gravy. DRF, it's your mission, should you choose to accept it, to get the Gus Bus in a black and gold polo in the black and yellow restaurant.
Out

• Love
Reactions: BoosterBosko
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT