ADVERTISEMENT

RIP

hangmanbobbyjaggers

Sep 19, 2011
Mr Fred Norman. Thank you for your years of service to all the young kids you have influenced in your coaching, admin and school board years of service at Wellsville, Eldon, and Tipton (just that I know). You will be missed here on earth, but I know you will be watching from above, critiquing all the coaches down here.

Reactions: pgapro29
Oh shoot, had not heard that. He had some stout teams at Wellsville in the '80s and then was a great administrator in later years. Godspeed.

Reactions: hangmanbobbyjaggers
I think he was at Waynesville before going to Eldon. Had some really good teams at Eldon in the early 90s.

I remember the first time I met Coach Norman. It was at the seed meeting for the regional, I believe in 1978. I think he was student teaching at Wellsville and helping out there. Their coach left the next year and they hired Coach Norman. I was coaching with Dale Miller at Clopton. Needless to say, we saw Wellsville and Coach Norman a lot over the next 10 years. He had some great players and he coached them well. I think my date is right. Sorry for his family's loss.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT