ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Season Observations

JoeENorthlando

Aug 10, 2023
  • The first week of the district playoffs is still useless. They need to drop those not in the top 4 in each district. Make the regular season meaningful.
  • Team by team, it is still about the Jimmy’s and Joes.
  • Despite the handwringing and naysayers, it is not about what happens the first four weeks of the season, it is about what happens the last four weeks.
  • The problem isn’t the private schools. It is the boutique private school that allows a youth coach to bring in a traveling team and call them a high school team, that is the problem.
  • Hopefully, a lot of big-mouth JACKTARDS learned their lesson about writing checks in the first part of the season that your asses couldn’t cash at the end of the season. You know who you are.
  • Despite 91 indictments, Bosko is still not incarcerated and will keep on trucking.
  • Track speed proved again to be relevant, and directly impacted several championship games. By the way, the two Hillsboro brothers are both track stars too.
  • The great thing about high school football. The hot moms never grow old.
  • It is all still about effort.
  • I called Kearney winning this one three years ago. And of course, I was right.

I would agree with eliminating week 1 of the playoffs if the points system was improved to take strength of schedule more into account.

Reactions: KHSDOGS
I would agree with eliminating week 1 of the playoffs if the points system was improved to take strength of schedule more into account.

Even casual followers know that week 1 is dumb. Every basketball and wrestling coach in the state would be happier getting the Show-me Bowl done a week earlier.

I have no problems dropping the first week of "playoffs" but if we do, can we please go back to the 10 game schedule.... it would be the same amount of games on the schedule....

there is a strength of schedule component in the formula, not sure what else we can add to it without making it subjective, but agree that there might be a better way to do it...

I have no problems dropping the first week of "playoffs" but if we do, can we please go back to the 10 game schedule.... it would be the same amount of games on the schedule....

there is a strength of schedule component in the formula, not sure what else we can add to it without making it subjective, but agree that there might be a better way to do it...
get rid of the ridiculous 'play up' boost.
Bad football is bad football

Despite 91 indictments, Bosko is still not incarcerated and will keep on trucking.
I could be facing 1000 indictments and I still wouldnt care. Wanna know why? Cause they are NOT true!! And you better believe a jury of my peers would agree!
The great thing about high school football. The hot moms never grow old.
WHOA HOOOO!!!! Bosko likey!! NOW you're speaking my language!!

I could be facing 1000 indictments and I still wouldnt care. Wanna know why? Cause they are NOT true!! And you better believe a jury of my peers would agree!

WHOA HOOOO!!!! Bosko likey!! NOW you're speaking my language!!
Just think Sheldon... you might be forced to "slim down" in prison..!

• Angry
Reactions: BoosterBosko
  • The first week of the district playoffs is still useless. They need to drop those not in the top 4 in each district. Make the regular season meaningful.
  • Despite the handwringing and naysayers, it is not about what happens the first four weeks of the season, it is about what happens the last four weeks.
  • The problem isn’t the private schools. It is the boutique private school that allows a youth coach to bring in a traveling team and call them a high school team, that is the problem.
  • Hopefully, a lot of big-mouth JACKTARDS learned their lesson about writing checks in the first part of the season that your asses couldn’t cash at the end of the season. You know who you are.
  • Despite 91 indictments, Bosko is still not incarcerated and will keep on trucking.
  • Track speed proved again to be relevant, and directly impacted several championship games. By the way, the two Hillsboro brothers are both track stars too.
  • I called Kearney winning this one three years ago. And of course, I was right.
Not sure when I will fully digest what I witnessed in Columbia one week ago.....................

Well Done!!! Congrats on one of the best posts to ever appear on Mosports !!!

tenor.gif

Tom Cruise Top Gun GIF - Tom Cruise Top Gun I Feel The Need For Speed GIFs

The pain of getting kicked in the nads is worse than giving birth. You never hear a guy say "Oh that wasn't so bad, I'm ready to do it again"
The pain of the point system was like getting kicked in the nads. Every nonsadistic guy hated it. Now we have some saying, "Oh that wasn't so bad, I'm ready to do it again".
kick in nuts GIF

How naive one must be to think MSHSSA would not totally screw that up!

The current system is fine. Win and move on; lose and go home. There are blowouts every week of the season including in the championship game, often. What’s the real logical argument against the current system?

The current system is fine. Win and move on; lose and go home. There are blowouts every week of the season including in the championship game, often. What’s the real logical argument against the current system?

Most are fine with it. Just want to eliminate unnecessary games. The win % is crazy high for the high seeds and they want state championship games back thanksgiving weekend.

Most are fine with it. Just want to eliminate unnecessary games. The win % is crazy high for the high seeds and they want state championship games back thanksgiving weekend.
I think we could do the Thanksgiving weekend thing within the current system without moving the starting date. Start district play week 9. If you lose, you can still choose to get a game in week 10 with one of the other losing teams, or not. It could even be pre-determined which losing districts play which ones, or it could be the athletic directors scrambling to get one scheduled. After week 10, though, it's business as usual.

Never understood wanting to finish Thanksgiving Weekend, and now that we finally got passed it, anyone wanting to go back....

Reactions: Veer2Eternity
Never understood wanting to finish Thanksgiving Weekend, and now that we finally got passed it, anyone wanting to go back....

Yeah that 5 day schedule was a beast. Never made it past the second round but don’t remember ever being so sore as then

Last edited:
Ending the first or second week in December, like the majority of states around us, is hard to understand?.... We don't need to cater everything to basketball

Reactions: I2R I
I don't understand ending it in December. Can't we just play games year-round?
Might as well. With school unofficial preseason stuff in the summer, actual season in the fall, then club teams through winter and part of spring, volleyball is pretty much year round now and baseball isn't too far off. Terrible how these kids activities have been so professionalized.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT