ADVERTISEMENT

Drama in Willow Springs

giphy.gif
I was unaware that where was a South Park episode about Theodosia 😆

If what you are saying in completely accurate, than how did a senior who hadn’t played since middle school make 2nd team all SCA on offense and honorable mention on special teams and was arguably the best player on the whole team?

I’m about 90% sure that their leader in both receiving yards and total TDs was a senior who hadn’t played since MS, had multiple receiving TDs, as well as a rushing TD and a couple of passing TDs

Bottom line, Willow wasn’t competitive at all.

Wyatt may not have won a game this year, it’s hard to say.and he definitely had some talent when he was there, but also had a bunch of seniors quit on him, including the best athlete who was their returning QB.

We can agree to disagree but you won’t convince me that Wyatt wouldn’t have gotten better results.

The playcalling this year was some of the most predictable I’ve ever seen.

And the defense couldn’t even stop other teams JV squads.

Again, bottom line, wasn’t getting the job done.

The Willow springs basketball culture doesn’t help the situation any.
WS had the worst talent I've ever seen in a Varsity squad... they had less than a 1% chance to win a game at the varsity Level. Wyatt left because he wasn't going to coach a team that was this bad. Or as bad as WS was last year. Word is He felt he had been hoodwinked about what WS had talent wise in the Pipeline. And I believe that word.

Winning 3 last year was near to parting the Red Sea miracle like. Good Gosh WS didn't have one kid on their roster who could of replaced any other Player in the WHOLE OF THE SCA. Teams had to work to hold the score down.... that was a chore.

WS put out a average(I'm being Kind) JV squad to play a Varsity schedule. Everyone knew that was coming. That is why some people whole heartedly thought WS should junk the Varsity Schedule and Play JV only. Even then they'd of not faired that well.

Tpayne might suck as a coach or he might be great coach ...but One thing is for sure nobody will ever know because he never got a opportunity to actually coach any kids that can play the game of football at even a competent level do to them all being young and inexperienced.

But on the Flip side the Best thing that could of Happened to Tpayne is him getting let go. Now his HC record is 3 wins 17 losses... Who ever takes the Job can probably look at O-20 in the first two seasons and with what WS had at the Junior High level 0=40 might be the record.

It's not the coaching it's the Kids and the Community.

Reactions: TadQueasy
You make some good points MGHS but also I think you’re dead wrong about some things.
Starting majority sophomores this year, I think it’s a pretty arrogant thing to say they won’t win a single game the next 2 years.
The super inexperienced and young team(as you put it) won’t be inexperienced and young this fall or the following.
I don’t expect any drastic turn around, but if they pick the right guy, they’ll definitely prove you wrong.

due to the fact that you’re from Grove. Half of that came off as nose in the air superiority complex that a lot of the grove faithful seem to have.

SCA Teams to go 0-pher in the last decade:

2023 Willow Springs
2022 Salem
2019 Mountain Grove- let’s not forget MGHS
2014 Houston

Good luck getting apps !
Anyone who is Younger that applies for the Job is not looking long term Career wise because winning is not gonna happen and being competitive is going to be a stretch. Going their and going like 1 and 39 over 4 years and getting fired will doom you to being a assistant forever.

If a young Up and Comer does take this job then they got to be the Most Optimistic Coach in 5 states.

Maybe Some Failed former HC who has a long term Losing record will come in and soak up some easy Cash from the WS taxpayers for the next 4-5 years and then maybe WS can hit a run of talent and they can hire a competent coach.

Thing is WS had Tpayne who was keeping kids out, seemed to be well liked by the Players and they appeared to have been in the weight room. WS could of kept him another couple of years and seen if he was going to be competitive or not and right the ship. If he wasn't it was a easy fire and nobody would be up in arms. But now that WS has jumped the Shark and Hippo as well those in Charge look stupid.

You make some good points MGHS but also I think you’re dead wrong about some things.
Starting majority sophomores this year, I think it’s a pretty arrogant thing to say they won’t win a single game the next 2 years.
The super inexperienced and young team(as you put it) won’t be inexperienced and young this fall or the following.
I don’t expect any drastic turn around, but if they pick the right guy, they’ll definitely prove you wrong.

due to the fact that you’re from Grove. Half of that came off as nose in the air superiority complex that a lot of the grove faithful seem to have.
I'm basing WS won't win a game on how the WS JV competed and how the WS Junior High competed.

Jeez our 8th grade is below average in talent and our 7th Grade isn't as good as the 8th grade and guess what we handled WS!!! One class of very very average Soph. isn't a recipe for success. Look around the SCA and who did WS look better than at any level? Maybe Cabool I will give you that Cabool is going to hit the Skids and might be as bad as WS. So Yes WS might beat them. So I will give you that.

Do you Think if you Look at What Other SCA teams have coming up talent wise that WS looks competitive against them??

And your Nose in the air comment comes across as a WS low self esteem comment when you hear the Blunt Truth. What I said might appear harsh but it's a basic analysis of the talent you have on the current roster and the analysis of the upcoming talent to support the soph... and I'm doing it from pure horseflesh perspective. I don't care that the players are from WS or Hong Kong.

We went through this a few years ago...0-10 it was tough to endure but not unexpected because we had 4 seniors and only 2 of them made a difference, the JR class was thin as well, the Soph. class had some talent but had issues and the Freshmen was a bit above Average. Going into the Season the High Mark was 5 wins at best and that was if we got lucky. We expected 1-2 wins but and we had injuries and other issues so ZERO was the outcome.

We came out of our Zero win season because we Had a Soph. and Frosh class stacked together and the pieces fell into place. I don't see that for WS.

Look I think Tpayne was doing a Decent Job just keeping the Young Players engaged and playing hard. In the WS culture of Basketball that was a Feat to behold.

He should of gotten his time and then been replaced... 2years was a travesty.

SCA Teams to go 0-pher in the last decade:

2023 Willow Springs
2022 Salem
2019 Mountain Grove- let’s not forget MGHS
2014 Houston
Yes I'm well aware we went OFFERRR and we didn't fire out Coach like a bunch of Women reacting over emotionally.... and that has worked out very very well.

We have had other bad decades as well.. the 90's and 50's to be blunt. Both of those decades we had over all losing records.

This has nothing to do with me looking down on WS. Get some Grit and Thicker skin.

This is about WS cutting their own throat and harming the Program long term.

I truly believe that Cabool and Ws are at risk of not being able to field a Varsity Squad in the upcoming Years. Another Couple of losing seasons and players opting to not play and things could get uglier.

Keeping out 30+ kids and them playing hard for a coach isn't easily done in a 0-10 season.

It's even money the next coach is worse....

Going 0-10 is one thing, but going 0-10 the way that they did this year isn’t something you see in the SCA very often.

I think there was only 1 game that they didn’t get turboed. And only 2 games where they lost by less than 50
That's just Fan perspective and BS..... SCA coaches knew this was coming.... Wyatt Knew it was coming he gone cause of it.

Play a JV squad versus varsity Players and the result was a lock to happen.

This was a talent issue and a culture issue... Tpayne wasn't fixing it overnight or performing a magic act and fixing the outcome.

I’ve also heard rumblings that the off-season weights program isn’t great.

Considering the money the school has sunk into a field house near the practice field with weights and other indoor workout equipment, that’s not something you wanna hear either.
So if that is the case why did they offer him the option to stay and be the weight coach? That doesn't make much sense then if he was so bad at it?

I'm sure he wasn't Ary level but who is......

I think there are rumblings about things to justify the actions in whatever way is needed. I find it hard to believe that there would be such an uproar from parents and such on social media the way there has been if the offseason program was bad or other things going on. The guy kept out the majority of a team that got their butts handed to them every game and has people standing up for him when they get rid of him. That clearly speaks to the man and the job that at least some people thought he was doing well. I am sure he is like most coaches. He had some pros and some cons.

The reality is the admin or school board or combo of both was not happy with the results and they think they can find someone better to do the job. That is their right. Now personally I think they are misguided because how all this has went down they are going to have a terrible time finding someone to take that job. They better hope they have an ace up their sleeve that they can play. If not they might be wishing they had this guy back in a few weeks.
I think there are rumblings about things to justify the actions in whatever way is needed. I find it hard to believe that there would be such an uproar from parents and such on social media the way there has been if the offseason program was bad or other things going on. The guy kept out the majority of a team that got their butts handed to them every game and has people standing up for him when they get rid of him. That clearly speaks to the man and the job that at least some people thought he was doing well. I am sure he is like most coaches. He had some pros and some cons.

The reality is the admin or school board or combo of both was not happy with the results and they think they can find someone better to do the job. That is their right. Now personally I think they are misguided because how all this has went down they are going to have a terrible time finding someone to take that job. They better hope they have an ace up their sleeve that they can play. If not they might be wishing they had this guy back in a few weeks.

Time will tell.
This is a great analysis..... And I agree with you 99%. If they don't make a homerun hire but instead get someone who is worse than Tpayne which I suspect could be the outcome then they have blown up the WS program for a long time.

Sound like a bunch of Arm Chair Coaches( Administration/SchoolBoard) thinking that his Offense sucked and he played the wrong players in the Wrong spots and they would of done a better job Calling Play's and putting personal in the proper positions.

you’re talking about how willows JV competed against other JV….
After having already admitted their actual would-be JV players were all playing varsity due to lack of participation of upperclassmen

“You mean, willows back up JV players lost to everyone else’s first string JV players? No way….” 🤣🤣🤣

Some of the things you say are spot on and some just sound like arrogant mountain grove BS

your current coach is a hometown guy if I’m not mistaken(which I might be) so that definitely helps with job security even after an 0-10 season

I have low self esteem because I think based on what you’re saying now and have said on here in the past is arrogant? 🤣🤣🤣 man, your inferiority complex is baffling.

Idk if you’re on the sauce tonight or this is just who you are, but if you are drinking, I’m sure you’re doing it alone.

Speaking of armchair coaches, look in the mirror. Willow should have gave you a call apparently.

Cheers

Reactions: Winston Bishop
This is a great analysis..... And I agree with you 99%. If they don't make a homerun hire but instead get someone who is worse than Tpayne which I suspect could be the outcome then they have blown up the WS program for a long time.

Sound like a bunch of Arm Chair Coaches( Administration/SchoolBoard) thinking that his Offense sucked and he played the wrong players in the Wrong spots and they would of done a better job Calling Play's and putting personal in the proper positions.
After having already admitted their actual would-be JV players were all playing varsity due to lack of participation of upperclassmen

“You mean, willows back up JV players lost to everyone else’s first string JV players? No way….” 🤣🤣🤣

Some of the things you say are spot on and some just sound like arrogant mountain grove BS

your current coach is a hometown guy if I’m not mistaken(which I might be) so that definitely helps with job security even after an 0-10 season

I have low self esteem because I think based on what you’re saying now and have said on here in the past is arrogant? 🤣🤣🤣 man, your inferiority complex is baffling.

Idk if you’re on the sauce tonight or this is just who you are, but if you are drinking, I’m sure you’re doing it alone.

Speaking of armchair coaches, look in the mirror. Willow should have gave you a call apparently.

Cheers
Dont you bozos have anything better to do than post on MoSports at 1230 or 1 AM!?

Reactions: shoot90draw

This reminds me of a magical land...a little slice of heaven known as Grape Falls.

Reactions: CaptainMullet

Cheers
You do know that a Good Varsity squad is made up of more than one class in 90% of the cases. Or do you???

I thought I explained it to you rather logically and what I'm saying isn't some hidden truth it's pretty much basic Coaching Knowledge you have to stack Classes to have winning teams ie.... you need two classes in a Row that has talent and creates depth.... WS Juniors are bad they will be Seniors Next year. WS soph are not very good either they will be JR, and the so called really good Soph bunch at WS would not of beaten our Freshman squad. In fact if you was a bit more well informed you would know some of them actually played JV as well at times.

WS is in for some rough times man I just watched them again on Hudl Varsity& JV games and to see if I was in error and nope I stand by my analysis.

WS is bad and is gonna continue to be bad.

Also if you think being truthful is being arrogant then that is your Character flaw not mine. You are wrong and seem to have limited knowledge on what it take to build a winning football squad. It's almost like your lineage comes from the Loins of a long line of ancestors who knows squat about football!!

Also you left out ON your List..... TWO of the Worst teams in the History of SCA and by far one of the worst coached teams in a Two year SPAN in the history of the SCA and by far teams that where worse coached than anything TPayne put on the gridiron in two years ... Cabool was 0-20 over the 2016 and 2017 seasons. Now that was a poorly coach squad over that two year period. Need to do better research if you are gonna post a Decade of 0-10 squads and then you leave off the worst two coached teams in that decade.

I was at work and MGHS was up late drinking alone with a hard on thinking about how terrible Willow was this year.
No drinking and my GF makes sure I'm not alone so the hard on part is correct... so thanks for the concern and interest n my private affairs.

You do know that a Good Varsity squad is made up of more than one class in 90% of the cases. Or do you???

I thought I explained it to you rather logically and what I'm saying isn't some hidden truth it's pretty much basic Coaching Knowledge you have to stack Classes to have winning teams ie.... you need two classes in a Row that has talent and creates depth.... WS Juniors are bad they will be Seniors Next year. WS soph are not very good either they will be JR, and the so called really good Soph bunch at WS would not of beaten our Freshman squad. In fact if you was a bit more well informed you would know some of them actually played JV as well at times.

WS is in for some rough times man I just watched them again on Hudl Varsity& JV games and to see if I was in error and nope I stand by my analysis.

WS is bad and is gonna continue to be bad.

Also if you think being truthful is being arrogant then that is your Character flaw not mine. You are wrong and seem to have limited knowledge on what it take to build a winning football squad. It's almost like your lineage comes from the Loins of a long line of ancestors who knows squat about football!!

Also you left out ON your List..... TWO of the Worst teams in the History of SCA and by far one of the worst coached teams in a Two year SPAN in the history of the SCA and by far teams that where worse coached than anything TPayne put on the gridiron in two years ... Cabool was 0-20 over the 2016 and 2017 seasons. Now that was a poorly coach squad over that two year period. Need to do better research if you are gonna post a Decade of 0-10 squads and then you leave off the worst two coached teams in that decade.
The 2017 Cabool squad had arguably less talent than any other team in the entire history of the Cabool football program.

The 2016 team was coming off of a 1-10 season the year before and in 2016 lost to Willow by 1, lost to a state ranked Jefferson team by 2* and lost in districts to Sarcoxie by 7. They at least competed.

You’re correct. I blanked on Cabool going 0-20 through that span. Idk how I forgot about that since I was at half of those games.

As far as my “lineage” not knowing squat about football, you are obviously speaking to something that you know nothing about so not arrogant this time, just ignorant.

Last edited:
The 2017 Cabool squad had arguably less talent than any other team in the entire history of the Cabool football program.

The 2016 team was coming off of a 1-10 season the year before and in 2016 lost to Willow by 1, lost to a state ranked Jefferson team by 2* and lost in districts to Sarcoxie by 7. They at least competed.

You’re correct. I blanked on Cabool going 0-20 through that span. Idk how I forgot about that since I was at half of those games.

As far as my “lineage” not knowing squat about football, you are obviously speaking to something that you know nothing about so not arrogant this time, just ignorant.
I was talking about the Cabool Head coach being horrible those two years. Cabool in 2017 had more talent than WS did this year, even though Cabool was bad that year.The 2016 team had some talent and it was horribly mismanaged by their HC. That is why they lost those close games.

Comparing the Talent Cabool had in 16 to Tpayne talent in 22 and Cabool has the edge by a large margin. Tpayne took Minimal talent his first year and at least eeked out 3 wins. If Tpayne would of coached the Cabool 2016 team he would of won a few of those close games... he did it in 2022 at WS with almost nothing.

I will say again I have no idea if Coach Payne is a Great, Good, or bad coach overall. Because he never got a fair shake. But what I can say is he did a pretty good Job in 22 somehow getting 3 wins with lackluster talent. And this year he kept Players out and engaged. A 3rd year was warranted IMO.

And you do know you have sort of contradicted yourself. You on one hand Claim WS HC squandered talent in his two years at the Helm by winning 3 games. But then you point out the Cabool HC was more competitive by playing some close games in a season but still losing and he had more talent on the Cabool roster than WS has had in two years Payne was leading the show.

You praise the Cabool Coach for losing close games and going 0-20 with a squad that was more talented than WS and question the WS coach for going 3-17 and actually having a bit of success with less talent? That doesn't seem to jive.

Last edited:
I was talking about the Cabool Head coach being horrible those two years. Cabool in 2017 had more talent than WS did this year, even though Cabool was bad that year.The 2016 team had some talent and it was horribly mismanaged by their HC. That is why they lost those close games.

Comparing the Talent Cabool had in 16 to Tpayne talent in 22 and Cabool has the edge by a large margin. Tpayne took Minimal talent his first year and at least eeked out 3 wins. If Tpayne would of coached the Cabool 2016 team he would of won a few of those close games... he did it in 2022 at WS with almost nothing.

I will say again I have no idea if Coach Payne is a Great, Good, or bad coach overall. Because he never got a fair shake. But what I can say is he did a pretty good Job in 22 somehow getting 3 wins with lackluster talent. And this year he kept Players out and engaged. A 3rd year was warranted IMO.

And you do know you have sort of contradicted yourself. You on one hand Claim WS HC squandered talent in his two years at the Helm by winning 3 games. But then you point out the Cabool HC was more competitive by playing some close games in a season but still losing and he had more talent on the Cabool roster than WS has had in two years Payne was leading the show.

You praise the Cabool Coach for losing close games and going 0-20 with a squad that was more talented than WS and question the WS coach for going 3-17 and actually having a bit of success with less talent? That doesn't seem to jive.

I didn’t “praise” the Cabool coach for going 0-20 I simply said that in 2016 they fielded a competitive team even though they went 0-10.

Again, this goes back to the MG superiority BS

Pointing fingers at the rest of the conference saying this coach was terrible, this team was terrible, Mountain Grove football isn’t what it used to be either buddy. They’ve won roughly 6 games a year on average since the start of the 2017 season.

Maybe you’re just taking potshots at me because you know I’ve been connected to Cabool football, regardless, we can keep having a feud over which 0-10 team was worse if you want. 🤣🤣

At the end of the day, it comes down to you thinking my opinion means less than your opinion, and you don’t agree with me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT