ADVERTISEMENT

DeSmet 75, Jeff City 56 FINAL

thetophat2021

Jun 14, 2021
Kearney, MO
Will be the only Boys title game today. As a note I understand the purpose of these 3rd place games but never pay any attention to them so no coverage of those................VERY MUCH looking forward to this evening!

It depends on which DeSmet team shows up today. The one that drilled Vianney by nearly 40 or the one that beat them by 6 or 7. Will be a very interesting game.

Reactions: thetophat2021
Once Sikeston got knocked out all my attention swung toward what was a red hot Vianney but more toward DeSmet. JC will bring the house again I am sure but they will find this team a smidge different. Give me Sparty by 6-10.

Suffocating D saw this yesterday. DeSmet playing pure championship basketball this first half. Also have had 2 very questionable fouls both looked like charges on JC.

That one likely was a foul. JC trying to hang in but ain't nearly happening 2nd half unless they lock down on these 3s or DeSmet goes ice cold.

Championship teams regain control of the tempo quickly. JC started running DeSmet shut that run down fast and still hitting everything from 3 and relying on this very physical, sound D. At half I'd give the essentially homestanding Jays about a 5-8 percent chance of winning.

JC will essentially have to go empty net here press, press, press hope to get TOs and speed this up then get back in it. Honestly do not see that happening, though.

ON to tomorrow: C4 and C6 boys semis commence with Logan-Rogersville taking on John Burroughs at 10 AM. Will try to sneak a score or two in tomorrow during work (tech is out so may be too busy FYI) but ABSOLUTELY covering both C6 semifinals. THAT could be the Final Four of both weeks!

Martin needed some help today, but did not get it. Shinkle looked out of place and guards for JC struggled with bigger, longer guards it looked like. Good thing is, DeSmet should bump to class 6 and JC has everyone back but Shinkles. Linthicum looks to take that spot next year. Watch out for JC to make another run next year.

Reactions: 65TPT
ON to tomorrow: C4 and C6 boys semis commence with Logan-Rogersville taking on John Burroughs at 10 AM. Will try to sneak a score or two in tomorrow during work (tech is out so may be too busy FYI) but ABSOLUTELY covering both C6 semifinals. THAT could be the Final Four of both weeks!
If somebody in SWMO is covering this 10 AM game be my guest. Too busy to watch in full here today but will peek as I can. Looks like a classic apples vs. oranges game. JB also is the lone remaining school with the girls-boys double in play but I really don't see anyone beating Vashon in this class. Their game vs. KC Central could be one of those very fast runaways much as I LOVE seeing IL teams accomplish great things like this.

Martin needed some help today, but did not get it. Shinkle looked out of place and guards for JC struggled with bigger, longer guards it looked like. Good thing is, DeSmet should bump to class 6 and JC has everyone back but Shinkles. Linthicum looks to take that spot next year. Watch out for JC to make another run next year.
If Parkview shoots 50% from the FT line they’ll beat them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT