ADVERTISEMENT

Class 1 --Richland-Essex has not had a winning record since 2010---BUT!!!

metro-dude

Jan 28, 2004
The Richland Rebels are coached by Marc Crane ( second year ). The Rebels have not had a winning record since 2010 ( 21-7 and second in the district to Scott County Central )

It is my guess things will change this year with a possible class 1 district championship and maybe more. The Richland Rebels have a competing line up.

1. Riley Glass---Sr.------ 6'2"---A good ball handling dunking guard
2. Daniel Petty--Sr.------ 6'2"--The competitor
3. Jason Bell----Soph. --6'3"
4. Andrew Pattenberry--6'3"
5. Tanner Freeman-------6'2"

Richland's record since 2010

1. 2018----------5-16
2. 2017----------5-18
3. 2016----------3-19
4. 2015----------5-15
5. 2014----------1-15
6. 2013----------4-16
7. 2012----------3-16
8. 2011----------6-17
9. 2010---------21-7

The Richland Rebels played in class 1 district 2 last season. The team with the " Tradition " in this district is Advance. If the districts stay the same can a team who has not had a winning record in a decade defeat a traditional team like the Advance Hornets?

Do we have other Missouri teams who can rise from the dead and be a major threat for a district championship?

A big test for the Richland Rebels will be in the Oran tournament ( early December )

The teams below will be waiting to see if the Richland Rebels belong.
1. Oran
2. Malden
3. Scott County Central
4. Kelly
5. Scott City

The Richland Rebels are coached by Marc Crane ( second year ). The Rebels have not had a winning record since 2010 ( 21-7 and second in the district to Scott County Central )

It is my guess things will change this year with a possible class 1 district championship and maybe more. The Richland Rebels have a competing line up.

1. Riley Glass---Sr.------ 6'2"---A good ball handling dunking guard
2. Daniel Petty--Sr.------ 6'2"--The competitor
3. Jason Bell----Soph. --6'3"
4. Andrew Pattenberry--6'3"
5. Tanner Freeman-------6'2"

Richland's record since 2010

1. 2018----------5-16
2. 2017----------5-18
3. 2016----------3-19
4. 2015----------5-15
5. 2014----------1-15
6. 2013----------4-16
7. 2012----------3-16
8. 2011----------6-17
9. 2010---------21-7

The Richland Rebels played in class 1 district 2 last season. The team with the " Tradition " in this district is Advance. If the districts stay the same can a team who has not had a winning record in a decade defeat a traditional team like the Advance Hornets?

Do we have other Missouri teams who can rise from the dead and be a major threat for a district championship?

A big test for the Richland Rebels will be in the Oran tournament ( early December )

The teams below will be waiting to see if the Richland Rebels belong.
1. Oran
2. Malden
3. Scott County Central
4. Kelly
5. Scott City
OIT seeds:

Oran
SCC
Chaffee
Advance
Kelly
Richland
Malden
Bell City

The Richland Rebels fans are excited about playing third seed Chaffee on Monday evening @ 8:00 PM in the Oran tournament. Richland usually play two games in this tournament. One Richland fan said, our goal is to play three in the Oran tournament this year.

The Richland Rebels fans are excited about playing third seed Chaffee on Monday evening @ 8:00 PM in the Oran tournament. Richland usually play two games in this tournament. One Richland fan said, our goal is to play three in the Oran tournament this year.

@ Oran

Richland-----52---The upset minded Rebels will play SCC in the semi-finals. SCC appears to be the favorite in this one-----BUT
Chaffee------40

SCC----------82
Malden------70

Oran---------91--Oran plays the winner of Advance--Kelly
Bell City----24

@ Oran

Richland-----52---The upset minded Rebels will play SCC in the semi-finals. SCC appears to be the favorite in this one-----BUT
Chaffee------40

SCC----------82
Malden------70

Oran---------91--Oran plays the winner of Advance--Kelly
Bell City----24

The Richland Rebels were defeated 61-56 in the semi-finals of the highly regarded Oran early tournament I received a call before and after the game. The reports were " Sold Out " for the semi-finals games. It appears Oran and Scott County Central will play for the championship just as the coaches predicted. Both Oran and Scott County have " Tradition " and the Richland Rebels and Kelly are trying to build.

The reports on the once tradition rich Richland Rebels were positives. The Scott County Central Braves are very rich in tradition and the Richland Rebels have not had a winning season in ten years. My experience in basketball shows traditional schools find a way to win in the closing minutes of a basketball game. Finding a way to win for " Traditional schools " can come in many forms. The non-traditional schools usually miss important free throws and have careless turnovers in the closing minutes of games while the tradition schools capitalize on their opportunities. As I see it the only way a non-traditional school can claim victory over a tradition school is have better players or gain confidence and experience as the season progresses.

It is my understanding the ' Richland Rebels " have some young talent and has a community who will get behind their team which could be rewarding as the season goes forward but the Scott County Central defeat was clearly on the shoulders of " Lack of Tradition.

A third place upset win over Kelly high school would go a long ways in building confidence and instilling the ' Will to win " in the young Rebels.

Last edited:
The Richland Rebels were defeated 61-56 in the semi-finals of the highly regarded Oran early tournament I received a call before and after the game. The reports were " Sold Out " for the semi-finals games. It appears Oran and Scott County Central will play for the championship just as the coaches predicted. Both Oran and Scott County have " Tradition " and the Richland Rebels and Kelly are trying to build.

The reports on the once tradition rich Richland Rebels were positives. The Scott County Central Braves are very rich in tradition and the Richland Rebels have not had a winning season in ten years. My experience in basketball shows traditional schools find a way to win in the closing minutes of a basketball game. Finding a way to win for " Traditional schools " can come in many forms. The non-traditional schools usually miss important free throws and have careless turnovers in the closing minutes of games while the tradition schools capitalize on their opportunities. As I see it the only way a non-traditional school can claim victory over a tradition school is have better players or gain confidence and experience as the season progresses.

It is my understanding the ' Richland Rebels " have some young talent and has a community who will get behind their team which could be rewarding as the season goes forward but the Scott County Central defeat was clearly on the shoulders of " Lack of Tradition.

A third place upset win over Kelly high school would go a long ways in building confidence and instilling the ' Will to win " in the young Rebels.
Essex-Richland defeats Kelly in the " Will to Win " game 55-45. Richland can cause big time damage playing a small school schedule. I wish the Rebels could play some of the class 1 ranked high schools in northwest Missouri and in the Springfield area. I believe Kelly is a class 3 high school and Richland has 75 students in high school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT