ADVERTISEMENT

C4-5-6 Final Four predictions (more guesses) and notes

thetophat2021

Jun 14, 2021
Kearney, MO
Now we get to teams I follow at least fairly closely across MO:

C4 - Vashon over Park Hills Central
. Wolverines need no intro and I doubt there is anyone out there who would disagree with picking them to win it all here. The other semi will be closer but I like PHC (they, along with Vashon, are going for the rare Boys-Girls double). Normally don't pick the 3rd place game but Father Tolton is also really outstanding should win that one.

C5 - Cardinal Ritter over Jefferson City
. Like a number of these State finalists Ritter has played a very demanding slate and has a number of quality wins on the resume. I actually think both of these semis could be tight have been on the Pembroke bandwagon all season locally and Ladue's win over Westminster to get here should not be dismissed as it could be a momentum builder.

C6 - Staley over Kickapoo. This final is actually a Bass Pro rematch that wasn't close this one may not be, either. Normally I say beware blowout rematches but these Falcons, an absolute all star team, survived their major local test vs. Oak Park I see them rolling this weekend. The Kickapoo-Troy semi could be extremely tight and is must watch this Friday.

Reactions: Arcola and Wheels 1
Now we get to teams I follow at least fairly closely across MO:

C4 - Vashon over Park Hills Central. Wolverines need no intro and I doubt there is anyone out there who would disagree with picking them to win it all here. The other semi will be closer but I like PHC (they, along with Vashon, are going for the rare Boys-Girls double). Normally don't pick the 3rd place game but Father Tolton is also really outstanding should win that one.

C5 - Cardinal Ritter over Jefferson City. Like a number of these State finalists Ritter has played a very demanding slate and has a number of quality wins on the resume. I actually think both of these semis could be tight have been on the Pembroke bandwagon all season locally and Ladue's win over Westminster to get here should not be dismissed as it could be a momentum builder.

C6 - Staley over Kickapoo. This final is actually a Bass Pro rematch that wasn't close this one may not be, either. Normally I say beware blowout rematches but these Falcons, an absolute all star team, survived their major local test vs. Oak Park I see them rolling this weekend. The Kickapoo-Troy semi could be extremely tight and is must watch this Friday.
I will agree with you that the Troy/Kickapoo should be close. Troy is not very deep and if they get in foul trouble they will be in trouble. Troy plays physical defense so if the officials call touch fouls it could be a long day for Troy. I have not watched Kickapoo play so I do not how they like to play defense or how physical they are. I am pretty sure they are deeper than Troy and I do know they are much bigger than Troy. Let's just hope both teams play their game.

I will agree with you that the Troy/Kickapoo should be close. Troy is not very deep and if they get in foul trouble they will be in trouble. Troy plays physical defense so if the officials call touch fouls it could be a long day for Troy. I have not watched Kickapoo play so I do not how they like to play defense or how physical they are. I am pretty sure they are deeper than Troy and I do know they are much bigger than Troy. Let's just hope both teams play their game.
Kickapoo relies pretty heavily on two brothers at least from the three games I've watched in full. This was especially the case vs. previously unbeaten Nixa. I have yet to see Troy but some of their results plus getting this far shows they are beyond for real.

LSW was very quick and played physical defense but they had no answer for the Kickapoo size. I don't remember any points in the paint to speak of except an erratic bounce here and there. Kickapoo contested (successfully) anything in the paint. Troy will have to be successful from trey land to put any pressure on Kickapoo. But, I don't claim to be an expert.

LSW was very quick and played physical defense but they had no answer for the Kickapoo size. I don't remember any points in the paint to speak of except an erratic bounce here and there. Kickapoo contested (successfully) anything in the paint. Troy will have to be successful from trey land to put any pressure on Kickapoo. But, I don't claim to be an expert.
The only experts are those playing and coaching the game. I just, like the past 40 plus years, enjoy being the anonymous fan in the stands minding his own business watching these great games.

Reactions: Missouri Kid
Kickapoo relies pretty heavily on two brothers at least from the three games I've watched in full. This was especially the case vs. previously unbeaten Nixa. I have yet to see Troy but some of their results plus getting this far shows they are beyond for real.
The brothers are the real deal and they have another senior big who is above average but the cook that stirs the broth is that senior point guard!!!!!!!! They also have a freshman who doesn't start but always found a way to get things done when he hit the floor and some were in crucial situations against LSW. LSW's offense was pretty salty (peppery) but Kickapoo's defense bothered them. Both teams under 50.

Reactions: thetophat2021
The brothers are the real deal and they have another senior big who is above average but the cook that stirs the broth is that senior point guard!!!!!!!! They also have a freshman who doesn't start but always found a way to get things done when he hit the floor and some were in crucial situations against LSW. LSW's offense was pretty salty (peppery) but Kickapoo's defense bothered them. Both teams under 50.
LSW played Staley very tough in the regular season, too. Thanks for the info!

If you guys are at the game Friday, I will be the old guy with the purple sweat shirt with Trojan Godfather on it.

Yeah would be an upset but not a shocker. Pembroke played Link prep and only lost by like 15 or something. Actually pretty impressive.
January 7 correct! The closer we get to that C5 semi the more I do believe it is going to be a very close one. Will be sure to tune in Friday that much is certain (off and not freezing my behind off at the St. Pat's parade).........

Reactions: da bears 25
No. You happened to watch the one good game the younger one had. The other 2 seniors and the elder Shorter are the only real threats. Poo will destroy you on the defensive glass, and the PG (really a combo guard, but they don’t have a true PG,) will get downhill. They’re more athletic than they look, and are a problem on the glass and in transition. It’s surprise me if it’s less than 8-10 point Poo win. Too big, and they’ll be prepared for the constant sets Troy runs.

No. You happened to watch the one good game the younger one had. The other 2 seniors and the elder Shorter are the only real threats. Poo will destroy you on the defensive glass, and the PG (really a combo guard, but they don’t have a true PG,) will get downhill. They’re more athletic than they look, and are a problem on the glass and in transition. It’s surprise me if it’s less than 8-10 point Poo win. Too big, and they’ll be prepared for the constant sets Troy runs.
If you are right (you certainly are knowledgeable thanks for the info) how do you see a rematch with Staley turning out?

If Kickapoo faces Staley again, it won't be a turbo clock outcome!

Troy and Kickapoo have hooked up twice before in post-season play.

Class 5 Quarterfinal
March 4th, 2006

Kickapoo - 53
Troy - 49

Teams 1st 2nd 3rd 4th
Chiefs 6 11 13 23
Trojans 12 14 6 17

Scoring for Kickapoo:
Kyle Vaughan 4
Tyler Richardson 25
Dusty Allen 5
Kyle Kirk 10
Alex Bernskoetter 9

Field Goals: 10
3's: 4 (Richardson 3)
Free Throws: 21/30 (.70%)

Kickapoo(28-1) - 67
Troy - 61

Teams 1st 2nd 3rd 4th
Chiefs 24 15 12 16
Trojans 17 16 12 16

Scoring for Kickapoo:
Kelly Byrne 12
Deven Mitchell 11
Spencer Laurie 20
Brandon Argo 13
Anthony Tolliver 11

If you are right (you certainly are knowledgeable thanks for the info) how do you see a rematch with Staley turning out?
Not good. They are one of 2 teams to outrebound Poo. They can control the glass and keep Poo from getting early action. Can’t imagine Poo winning.

Class 5 Quarterfinal
March 4th, 2006

Kickapoo - 53
Troy - 49

Teams 1st 2nd 3rd 4th
Chiefs 6 11 13 23
Trojans 12 14 6 17

Scoring for Kickapoo:
Kyle Vaughan 4
Tyler Richardson 25
Dusty Allen 5
Kyle Kirk 10
Alex Bernskoetter 9

Kickapoo(28-1) - 67
Troy - 61

Teams 1st 2nd 3rd 4th
Chiefs 24 15 12 16
Trojans 17 16 12 16

Scoring for Kickapoo:
Kelly Byrne 12
Deven Mitchell 11
Spencer Laurie 20
Brandon Argo 13
Anthony Tolliver 11
OMG I am getting ancient quick it has been 20 years since Laurie..............

Reactions: James_On18
You guys probably already know this but the Shorters brothers Dad was part of the Lockwood teams in the 90s that was so good. They won at one point 74 home games in a row. Around 93-96? Heck of a team and a hell of a coach.

How many Shorters played on those Lockwood teams?
I think only the two brothers.

Class 5 Quarterfinal
March 4th, 2006

Kickapoo - 53
Troy - 49

Teams 1st 2nd 3rd 4th
Chiefs 6 11 13 23
Trojans 12 14 6 17

Scoring for Kickapoo:
Kyle Vaughan 4
Tyler Richardson 25
Dusty Allen 5
Kyle Kirk 10
Alex Bernskoetter 9

Kickapoo(28-1) - 67
Troy - 61

Teams 1st 2nd 3rd 4th
Chiefs 24 15 12 16
Trojans 17 16 12 16

Scoring for Kickapoo:
Kelly Byrne 12
Deven Mitchell 11
Spencer Laurie 20
Brandon Argo 13
Anthony Tolliver 11
It will be turbo clock again if Staley wants it to be. They played the 2nd best team in the State already in OP.

Staley-Jackson tips at 10 AM to kick off a huge HSBB day! Off today so will watch both C6 semis then going to the C4 championship. Depending on how these go will either live comment/score or just do by quarter for any blowouts. FUN TIMES

Staley-Jackson tips at 10 AM to kick off a huge HSBB day! Off today so will watch both C6 semis then going to the C4 championship. Depending on how these go will either live comment/score or just do by quarter for any blowouts. FUN TIMES
Do you pay per game or per day if you are going to watch online?

With Poo I agree with the poster above about their PG. He is definitely underrated, kid is fast and strong. Big red (that’s what I heard a Nixa player call him) inside for poo is a load too.

How good would Poo be if Lowery stays for this season? Him with Poo vs Staley could have been a gem of a game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT