ADVERTISEMENT

Archie 40, Worth County 26 FINAL. CONGRATULATIONS WHIRLWINDS!

thetophat2021

Jun 14, 2021
Kearney, MO
Just over 5 hours til kickoff (can you all tell I'm anxious LOL)......................here's a quick refresher how these two have fared in past 1A-8 Man title games:

Neither actually ever played in an 11 man Championship game in fact this is Archie's first ever appearance in any MO Championship Game.

Worth County is as veteran as it comes at this level with SEVEN Championships (1995, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2007, 2011, 2017) and FOUR runners up (2005, 2006, 2018, 2021) the most recent of which was a down to the wire thriller won by Drexel 48-42.

Archie has the potential to become a historic 8 man squad tonight as their closest final score to date was a 40 point District final win over Lockwood. Their regular season stats are as staggering as I've ever seen..............

Worth County has played the usual rugged NWMO schedule and thus should be battle tested and ready for this one.

Will it be the "old guard" Worth or will we see all time 8 man history tonight?

See you all at 7 PM!

Obligatory...

sleeping-clapping.gif

Just over 5 hours til kickoff (can you all tell I'm anxious LOL)......................here's a quick refresher how these two have fared in past 1A-8 Man title games:

Neither actually ever played in an 11 man Championship game in fact this is Archie's first ever appearance in any MO Championship Game.

Worth County is as veteran as it comes at this level with SEVEN Championships (1995, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2007, 2011, 2017) and FOUR runners up (2005, 2006, 2018, 2021) the most recent of which was a down to the wire thriller won by Drexel 48-42.

Archie has the potential to become a historic 8 man squad tonight as their closest final score to date was a 40 point District final win over Lockwood. Their regular season stats are as staggering as I've ever seen..............

Worth County has played the usual rugged NWMO schedule and thus should be battle tested and ready for this one.

Will it be the "old guard" Worth or will we see all time 8 man history tonight?

See you all at 7 PM!
Wort county is amazing inbtheir own right. If you havent been to the county it is pretty much nothing but farms. Grant city is approximately 600 people, but they keep turning out athletes.

Whirlwinds look every bit as good as record and scores indicate. Worth shot themselves in foot about to pay right out of 2nd quarter gate. If this spreads 28+ will only report score no more play by play.

Blown up screen Archie just flat looks faster and more athletic. Announcers were right these kids clearly worked very hard to avenge last season's semi loss.

Archie is driving after line drive punt return. Again if this TD scores will only post score changes rest of game unless it tightens a bunch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT