ADVERTISEMENT

Your St Louis Cardinals

Toots_mcgee

Nov 10, 2020
When everyone is healthy, they don’t have a starting pitcher who would be higher than a number 4 starter on the Mets, Braves or Phillies. Talk me out of that.

Might be hard to do when they give up 4 runs in the first couple of innings everyday.
I also hope they keep Carlson in CF when muscle head starts again. I didn't understand that move to start with, Carlson played quite well in CF last season and I have no doubt he would have caught the ball that barely hit the top of the wall the other day.

Might be hard to do when they give up 4 runs in the first couple of innings everyday.
I also hope they keep Carlson in CF when muscle head starts again. I didn't understand that move to start with, Carlson played quite well in CF last season and I have no doubt he would have caught the ball that barely hit the top of the wall the other day.
I didn't understand the CF moves either. Carlson is pretty good out there. O'neill has never really impressed me with his defense.

I think every Card fan out there knew pitching was going to be an issue. And here we are.

I just read an article about the Braves being what the Cardinals want to with home grown players and what not. Then someone posted the payroll numbers. The Braves are about $47M higher than the Cards. That would buy some decent starting pitching the Cards are missing. Lol.

Reactions: Chrisser74
The Braves didn’t even throw three of their 4 best starters in the series. The Cardinals aren’t even close to Atlanta.

O’Neill is a good left fielder. Moving an injury prone slugger to CF was nonsense.
Put him in left and leave him alone and he will hit 30 bombs in his sleep. He has won two gold gloves out there.

Agree we don't have a stopper. We have a lot of trade bait. Way too early to wave the white flag.

The Braves didn’t even throw three of their 4 best starters in the series. The Cardinals aren’t even close to Atlanta.

O’Neill is a good left fielder. Moving an injury prone slugger to CF was nonsense.
Put him in left and leave him alone and he will hit 30 bombs in his sleep. He has won two gold gloves out there.
I didn't get the Gold Glove deal either. They say it was all about metrics and how far he can run in how many seconds. That doesn't make you a Gold Glove outfielder.

O’Neill doesn’t look smooth in the OF. And when you look at his body type you wouldnt think he is one of the 20 fastest dudes in baseball. He is one example of the eye test fooling you. But he is not athletic enough to play a great CF.

Yeah should leave him in left. He always scares me but manages to get to the ball. Make it or break it year for him as a starter. He has to stay healthy.

He runs like a lineman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT