ADVERTISEMENT

Winnetonka 64, Chrisman 49 FINAL

thetophat2021

Jun 14, 2021
Kearney, MO
The biggest game for host Winnetonka in who knows how long versus Chrisman who has had a number of good BB runs over the years.................should be a good one to start the night! Intros at 5:30 PM tipoff right thereafter..............will mainly score track per quarter unless something huge happens.

Last edited:
Chrisman winning inside/on the boards. Tonka seemed a bit over-amped throwing up some wild 3s but hanging in. Very speedy team with a good trap D................to a point.

Very herky jerky fast paced first half! As stated before Chrisman is owning the boards but neither team is converting what have been so many chances BUT one key is Tonka is attempting several and in second stanza in particular hitting 3s have seen nothing from the outside from the Bears.

Major factor as this rolls on if at this pace is depth. THAT could be the deciding factor in what otherwise looks to my distant eyes like a tossup.

Back and forth we go. Chrisman continues to absolutely own the boards. This one is a half court team vs. run and shoot. Bears got first trifecta of the game to close in. On to what could be a great 4th!

The cold spell ended right when Chrisman tied this one up! Very good sign for Tonka being resilient when ole mo was slipping away.............

KABOOM! CONGRATULATIONS WINNETONKA GRIFFINS! Need a historian's help but believe this is the FIRST EVER State Quarter berth, heck, maybe State berth of any kind in Boys BB...................

Next up will host the Grandview-Raytown winner TBD.

Griffins had about as impressive a stretch run as it gets. Factor talked about at half was DEPTH and Chrisman seriously lacked it and it showed late.

NOW on to THE game that begged rematch one year ago: STALEY vs. OAK PARK @ 8 PM. Pregame thread around 7:50.

Chrisman had two guys that get 90% of their points. Gayman was the best big class rebounder in Metro this year.
Congratulations to Tonka!
They live and die by the 3. You never know how deep teams like that can go.

Reactions: thetophat2021
Chrisman had two guys that get 90% of their points. Gayman was the best big class rebounder in Metro this year.
Congratulations to Tonka!
They live and die by the 3. You never know how deep teams like that can go.
The huge wide body in the middle indeed! It depends whether they draw Grandview or Raytown in my opinion. I have liked those Bulldogs since pre-season.

Raytown at Winnetonka MO C5 Quarterfinal is slated to tip at 1 PM. Will spot check MOSports on phone and try to remember to give quarterly updates as I am absolutely heading there to witness this one in person!

Reactions: da bears 25
Pulling for all the KC teams. Oak Park, Raytown, Central and Winnetonka. None of these schools have had a final 4 run in a long time in any sport. I'm sure there is a lot of buzz in all the schools!

I believe Summit Christian will get moved to C4 and St.Michaels to C5 so this is their best shot.

Pulling for all the KC teams. Oak Park, Raytown, Central and Winnetonka. None of these schools have had a final 4 run in a long time in any sport. I'm sure there is a lot of buzz in all the schools!

I believe Summit Christian will get moved to C4 and St.Michaels to C5 so this is their best shot.
Did you watch the Tonka district final the other day? Their crowd energy was, even on webcast, AMAZING. Better frankly than either OP or Staley great as that atmosphere was. Cannot wait to head down and see this historic game in person at 1 PM tomorrow!

I saw Tonka play at the Jewell Tourny over Christmas break and was really impressed. Always nice to see some new blood advance from this side of the state.

I saw Tonka play at the Jewell Tourny over Christmas break and was really impressed. Always nice to see some new blood advance from this side of the state.
Heading there in about 45 minutes cannot wait to see this one. Not sure but think Raytown hasn't been this far since Lue was there (mid 90s). Tonka, as discussed before, never has.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT