ADVERTISEMENT

Windsor and Thayer about kickoff

Haven fumbles on a long run up near midfield. Looked to be down by contact, but they’re calling it a fumble.
first and 10 Windsor

1st and 18 after a run called back on a chop block for Thayer
Haven runs to the outside for an 8 yard gain
2nd & 10 from their own 37.
illegal procedure against Thayer
2nd & 15 for Thayer

Greyhounds move ball up to 21
QB stopped at line of scrimmage on 1st down
Madden with his second INT of the half and Thayers 3rd INT
1st and 10 Bobcats from their own 16 yard line

Thayer's inability to throw the ball has kept them from stretching this game out.
Windsor's inability to run the ball has kept them from stretching this game out.

Windsor punts.
thayer takes over 1st and 10 at their own 10
4:47 left in 4th Q
Madden with a 20 yard run on first down up to the 30

Thayer holds on first and second down.
on second down, there’s a holding penalty
Thayer accepts 2nd and 15. I would have declined this one.

Incomplete pass on third. Holding in backfield.
they accept, which puts Thayer out of FG range
3rd and 13.
pass from Havens to Grimes and out of bounds at the 13 yard line
Her comes the field goal team

WOW ANOTHER CLASSIC IN A DAY FULL OF THEM! CONGRATULATIONS WINDSOR! What a final next week will be!

Reactions: HomeyR
So is the kaysinger the powerhouse conference of class 1? 3 straight state championship appearances, two different teams, I think all of class 1 is down this year, but they kaysinger which used to be a joke had now showed that they’re a very legit group of teams.

So is the kaysinger the powerhouse conference of class 1? 3 straight state championship appearances, two different teams, I think all of class 1 is down this year, but they kaysinger which used to be a joke had now showed that they’re a very legit group of teams.
It’s a possibility. Class 1 as a whole has gotten significantly worse from where it was 10-15 years ago.

I don't think so. You have Valle move up and kind of give new opportunity to the rest of the state but all those weak low in numbers teams going 8-man brought some bigger schools down to class 1 too.
All I can tell you is that for the better part of the last decade, the top 3-4 teams in class 1 have been head and shoulders above the rest.
Class 1 used to be so good that you could be 9-1 and not even be ranked some years. And the playoffs a lot of years were a gauntlet start to finish. That doesn’t happen to often anymore, granted with the new format there are less “playoff” games.
hell, I remember in 2007, Princeton, Gallatin, South Harrison, and Maysville were all ranked in the top 10 and were all in the same conference.
Those were good years, Thayer playing Orrick to the final minute in back to back state title games in 07-08.
you can’t honestly tell me that class 1 is as competitive as it used to be.
not trying to argue, just sharing my view point.
Class 1 is just really watered down now. You’ve got the top 4 teams in the state and then there’s everybody else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT