ADVERTISEMENT

Why does trump try so hard to delay trials?

Veer2Eternity

Apr 17, 2005
You'd think if he was innocent he'd want his 'good name' cleared by witnesses under oath.

Agreed. Almost every witness was a “best people” he hired to work for him. You would think he would want them to testify.

Reactions: Expect2Win
You'd think if he was innocent he'd want his 'good name' cleared by witnesses under oath.
The more important question is why did prosecutors wait one year before the presidential election to bring charges against him??

If they had substantial , clear cut evidence against him I would have thought they would have charged him years ago.

In our country you are not required to be cleared by witnesses under oath. Citizens are innocent until proven guilty

As for as the classified documents case, its because the government tried for over a year to have Trump give the documents back on his own(if he would have, i doubt any charges would have been made). Even though, this is the most serious(my opinion), and to be honest, they have all the evidence they need that he took them on purpose. was he going to sell them?, or just keep as a souvenir?, to me that is the big question that needs to be answered.

As for as the Hush money case, that was delayed due to Micheal Cohen.(its hard to know what to believe from him).

the other cases, actually i think, was more of a reluctance on the gov. to investigate a former president, as it would only inflame his batshit crazy followers.

If Trump could prove is innocence, he would want the cases to go to trial as soon as possible, at least i think so.
Or, i can play devils advocate, if he can prove his innocence, maybe in his mind it would be better to prove it right before the election, instead of 6 months away, while i think that is crazy, it could for some strange reason be a possibility.

Last edited:
Cohen already went to prison for Trump in the election interference/hush money case. They have Trump dead to rights.

On the the documents case, they have Trump dead to rights.

The Georgia case on the other hand is simply a slam dunk.

The federal cases have taken this long because the AG didn’t want to look political being a conservative. He didn’t want to pursue anything. People don’t remember Garland was recommended to Trump for AG by Mitch McConnell.

I also think he is guilty, i was just trying to answer why the delays in bringing the charges.

Fed cases always move slow, that's why they have over a 90 percent conviction rate.

so, when i was in the Navy over 25 years ago, I had a top secret, SCI clearance, so him taking that many really bothers me, I personally don't see anyway he wasn't going to use those for anything but personal gain. and no, he could not declassify anything, its a process that is well documented.

• Love
Reactions: Toots_mcgee
I also think he is guilty, i was just trying to answer why the delays in bringing the charges.

Fed cases always move slow, that's why they have over a 90 percent conviction rate.

so, when i was in the Navy over 25 years ago, I had a top secret, SCI clearance, so him taking that many really bothers me, I personally don't see anyway he wasn't going to use those for anything but personal gain. and no, he could not declassify anything, its a process that is well documented.
I kind of think the president can declassify anything and everything he wants to on a whim.

And the presidential records act allows a president to keep certain documents as personal records for 12 years before they must be turned over to the national archives.

Clinton, Pence and Biden all had classified documents in their possession and not in secure areas. If Trump is charged so should the other three

I kind of think the president can declassify anything and everything he wants to on a whim.

And the presidential records act allows a president to keep certain documents as personal records for 12 years before they must be turned over to the national archives.

Clinton, Pence and Biden all had classified documents in their possession and not in secure areas. If Trump is charged so should the other three
ok newsmax.

Woowoo.

Sorry, but no, there is a process to declassify anything,( has to be timestamped/ and dated when document is declassified, and yes the president has go through the process), there is seal stamp they use, that gets stamped on the document, I dealt with this on a daily basis.

and when it comes to Nuclear info, that can only be declassified by Dept of energy and DOD, the president only gets involved when they cannot come to an agreement.

They can keep certain documents, that have gone through the process of declassification. or if those documents are more like handwritten/ personal notes. NOT the case for what trump did.

See below, the president can RESTRICT access to specific kinds of info for 12 years. not keep them for himself.

here is the highlights of the presidential records act.

The Presidential Records Act (PRA) changed the legal status of Presidential and Vice Presidential materials. Under the PRA, the official records of the President and his staff are owned by the United States, not by the President.

• The Archivist is required to take custody of these records when the President leaves office, and to maintain them in a Federal depository.
  • These records are eligible for access under FOIA five years after the President leaves office.
  • The President may restrict access to specific kinds of information for up to 12 years after he leaves office, but then records are reviewed for FOIA exemptions only.
  • This legislation took effect on January 20, 1981, and the records of the Reagan administration were the first to be administered under this law.

and

What are “personal records” under the Presidential Records Act (PRA)?

Under the PRA, "’personal records’ means all documentary materials of a purely private or nonpublic character which do not relate to or have an effect upon the carrying out of the constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President.” This includes

(A) diaries, journals, or other personal notes serving as the functional equivalent of a diary or journal which are not prepared or utilized for, or circulated or communicated in the course of, transacting Government business;

(B) materials relating to private political associations, and having no relation to or direct effect upon the carrying out of constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President; and

(C) materials relating exclusively to the President’s own election to the office of the Presidency; and materials directly relating to the election of a particular individual or individuals to Federal, State, or local office, which have no relation to or direct effect upon the carrying out of constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President.

once again, Pence/Biden returned them on their own, when THEY(or their people) found them.
Trump denied he had them, and wouldn't return them. If you don't see the difference in these cases,
than you are blind.

Clinton, if he didn't return them when asked, than yes, he should be charged.

Last edited:
Cohen already went to prison for Trump in the election interference/hush money case. They have Trump dead to rights.

On the the documents case, they have Trump dead to rights.

The Georgia case on the other hand is simply a slam dunk.

The federal cases have taken this long because the AG didn’t want to look political being a conservative. He didn’t want to pursue anything. People don’t remember Garland was recommended to Trump for AG by Mitch McConnell.
Blindedbythelight? No.
Torched by the Straw? YES!!!

What Straw said before wraps up the whole case. They asked him to return the documents multiple times and he would not.
Pence and Biden did. He Guilty.

Reactions: Expect2Win
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT