ADVERTISEMENT

Who will Staley hire?

816FOOTBALL

Aug 24, 2019
My guess, Coach Minnick from Kearney...heard it could happen and he would bring several of his current staff with him.
Anyone else hear anything?

giphy.gif

My guess, Coach Minnick from Kearney...heard it could happen and he would bring several of his current staff with him.
Would hate to lose him but he did bring KTown title #5 this past December and the talent is well stocked for the next HC. He was an assistant there years back would make sense in that regard.

Would hate to lose him but he did bring KTown title #5 this past December and the talent is well stocked for the next HC. He was an assistant there years back would make sense in that regard.
Now you just have to keep joey from leaving for staley and you're set!

Not NEARLY saying this will happen but wow if it did: Highway 92 already has been shaken by Ambroson leaving for Jewell. As for me "knowing" or "hearing" anything would not share even if I did.

Reactions: bullitpdq68
No more comments from me until this either becomes official or goes away.......................again either way everyone needs to remember employment isn't a marriage!

Reactions: bullitpdq68
Smells like Minnick trying to get a salary bump. Ain't no way he's leaving Kearney, they treat him like a god. Also not entirely sure Staley would hire him, don't see their personalities meshing.

Reactions: thetophat2021
Smells like Minnick trying to get a salary bump. Ain't no way he's leaving Kearney, they treat him like a god. Also not entirely sure Staley would hire him, don't see their personalities meshing.
I still want official word before buying into any of this BUT will say never, ever try this in the Industrial world. If I even get a sniff you are trying to "hold me or our Company hostage" by threatening to leave if we don't match someone else's offer you won't be employed long at all.

Last edited:
There isn't much money involved in Missouri High School football coaching. If all you are talking is a $10,000 bump I'd stay in C4 with Kearney vs. going through the gauntlet of C6 KC football at Staley. Minnick should be a college coach some day.
The best deal I ever heard of a Missouri coach getting is also at Staley. They got Travis Neff off a National Championship with MoKan and made him athletic director and the head basketball coach. Seems to have worked out!

There isn't much money involved in Missouri High School football coaching. If all you are talking is a $10,000 bump I'd stay in C4 with Kearney vs. going through the gauntlet of C6 KC football at Staley. Minnick should be a college coach some day.
The best deal I ever heard of a Missouri coach getting is also at Staley. They got Travis Neff off a National Championship with MoKan and made him athletic director and the head basketball coach. Seems to have worked out!
A gauntlet with neighbor Oak Park having the lion's share of FB talent, too. I don't see that changing any time soon, either. My my my how times changed in that area so fast!

Did they sell out their football program in the process ?

Plus how could you leave this!
ECwoe2kW4AITODx.jpg

No announcement yet? Also wonder what is taking Smithville so long? It has been a slow/boring year for the KC area, besides these 2 jobs and Lee's Summit, that's about it.

No announcement yet? Also wonder what is taking Smithville so long? It has been a slow/boring year for the KC area, besides these 2 jobs and Lee's Summit, that's about it.
Pure, flat out radio silence here in KMO. Another poster said Kearney's School Board is meeting today have not heard that locally, though. Just gonna have to hang on a bit longer. I would, however, be shocked if there is no announcement on all these jobs by mid-February.

I still want official word before buying into any of this BUT will say never, ever try this in the Industrial world. If I even get a sniff you are trying to "hold me or our Company hostage" by threatening to leave if we don't match someone else's offer you won't be employed long at all.
You're probably one of those guys who says people just don't wanna work nowadays.

You're probably one of those guys who says people just don't wanna work nowadays.
Given we have never met you do not know me at all. A lot of people do not want to work these days, though. Turnover industry wide is amazing and not in a good way at all and is our #1 expense. I think you are missing the point: employment is not a marriage but there are right and wrong ways to go about making a change. If you give ground to one employee holding you hostage for a raise then it will spread like wildfire. Been at this 36 years next month have learned a thing or two along the way..............

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT