ADVERTISEMENT

#4 Nixa 34 #4 Carthage 14 - Final

Nixa is as advertised for sure. They are massive and their qb is gonna be a thorn for the coc for awhile. Carthage is putting up a fight but outmatched big time.

Apparently Drink arrived via helicopter from Mizzou before the game started. Watching in the end zone.

Carthage has no answer for the Nixa passing game. Nixa should be up 35, but can't get out of their own way with penalties.
Pass defense was my biggest concern because it looked suspect in their other games. When you have the size and speed nixa has penalties just give you a little extra challenge for the fun of it.

That 50yd td on 4th down with 4 seconds to go really stung. Would have been a solid accomplishment to go into half only 13-0. Carthage may not score unless Perry decides to take out the starters in garbage time.

Nixa is as advertised for sure. They are massive and their qb is gonna be a thorn for the coc for awhile. Carthage is putting up a fight but outmatched big time.

Apparently Drink arrived via helicopter from Mizzou before the game started. Watching in the end zone.
I’ve got family at the game.
Cantwell is lined up across from a kid that is being recruited also and Cantwell started the game with back to back holds. Landon Bland ?
Drinks chopper took off at halftime.

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
The “win” for Carthage tonight might just be that nixa doesn’t get a running clock.

Soon as I say that nixa scores on a 80 yard run first play after Carthage score.

Valiant effort by Carthage's defensive line...looks like they ran out of gas but they'll continue to dominate all the normal o lines. They'll be fine in class 5.
Also really impressed with Nixa's linebackers.
Yeah I’ll admit it nixa deserves this hype this year.

I talked to a guy from nixa at half, he said most of what makes this team so brutal will be back next year but he’s not sure they will be anywhere close to this level after that.

Reactions: I2R I
Unfortunately I think Nixa will remain a problem for the next few years, their QB threw a heck of a ball and he’s got plenty of athletes to throw it to. And he’s only a sophomore. This might be the best team they’ve had in awhile.
I think Carthage will be fine, think last night shows where they need to improve if they want to make a run in Class 5. Agree with the other messages, I think the west side of the COC is completely wide open, not sure we’ve got a good read on anyone after playing the east side. Nixa will steamroll through that side.

Unfortunately I think Nixa will remain a problem for the next few years, their QB threw a heck of a ball and he’s got plenty of athletes to throw it to. And he’s only a sophomore. This might be the best team they’ve had in awhile.
I think Carthage will be fine, think last night shows where they need to improve if they want to make a run in Class 5. Agree with the other messages, I think the west side of the COC is completely wide open, not sure we’ve got a good read on anyone after playing the east side. Nixa will steamroll through that side.
I think Nixas Soph class is solid. They come back to Earth after that group. I’d imagine once this group that is juniors graduate they’ll be back to being good, but nothing like they are now. No knock, just that they won’t be steamrolling all of SWMO.

Reactions: Jordan_Belfort
Yeah I’ll admit it nixa deserves this hype this year.

I talked to a guy from nixa at half, he said most of what makes this team so brutal will be back next year but he’s not sure they will be anywhere close to this level after that.
I noticed the QB is a soph. He unloaded a pass that covered 60 yards in the air. A talent for sure! Three Jrs on the dominant Oline. Probably take the COC again next year.

Seems like everyone is moving to Christian county. Fun fact, it’s shaped like Oklahoma 😂
I remember seeing something in 2021ish that listed Christian County as maybe the third largest growing area (per capita, of course) in the US. Honestly, I could believe it. You couldn’t swing a dead cat in Nixa or Ozark back then without hitting a new housing development.

Reactions: Arcola
I remember seeing something in 2021ish that listed Christian County as maybe the third largest growing area (per capita, of course) in the US. Honestly, I could believe it. You couldn’t swing a dead cat in Nixa or Ozark back then without hitting a new housing development.
Springfield is a crime ridden trashy city.

People that can leave, do. The ones that can afford it, head south.

Springfield is a crime ridden trashy city.

People that can leave, do. The ones that can afford it, head south.
According to Stacker. Greene county #4, Christian county #7.

“Stacker, a list of the fastest-growing counties in Missouri using data from the U.S. Census Bureau. Counties are ranked by the highest population growth from 2010 to 2020, based on the U.S. Decennial.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT