ADVERTISEMENT

Week 8 Survivor League

kaching

Feb 27, 2002
For the third week in a row all fourteen competitors advance. Still in it are the top hat, Carthage Fan, 12R1, Mo Sooner 69, HBL Pirates Fan1990, Cards fan 200306, Revno, MoWestDad, Captain Mullet, Foot on the Gas, OlineWinsGames, Kaching, TadQueasy,

and Bosko.

I'm picking Baylor Tennessee over St Pius X of Festus...I'll also pick a backup game just in case I didn't see the rules saying you couldn't pick an out of state team over a in state team so give me, Perryville over Herculaneum.

Then again - it is a survivor league of Missouri schools and by picking Baylor you’re not picking a Missouri school. So, if you are correct you haven’t eliminated a Missouri school from your choices. I’m leaning to taking your second pick. What does everyone else think?

I went back to your week 1 post, i think if we open the door to out of state schools then does it matter if they even playing a Missouri school and then their are too many teams available to pick one and have a winner as we may not even have with just mo schools as winners. So with that id stick to just mo schools as winners.

below is the orginal post

I think we’ve had one before. You pick one team to win each week (11 or 8 man). If that team wins you advance to play the next week. If your pick loses you are out of the contest. You may only pick a team once in the season. For instance, if you pick Webb City to win week one, you can’t pick them again the rest of the season. Get your pick each week before the game starts.

Then again - it is a survivor league of Missouri schools and by picking Baylor you’re not picking a Missouri school. So, if you are correct you haven’t eliminated a Missouri school from your choices. I’m leaning to taking your second pick. What does everyone else think?
Perryville it is

Keep the tennessee trash out!
New York Sport GIF by Sealed With A GIF

Would expect no less from you, Mr. Bunker!

• Haha
Reactions: TadQueasy
OK, FootOnThe Gas - I’ll put you down for Perryville. I think if you had picked a Missouri team to beat an out of state team that would’ve been ok. IF I was to do this again I think I would do it with picking a team from each class each week. I’d forgotten how it was done in the past when I suggested it this year. It’ll get trickier once the playoffs start but I think there is a chance we’ll have multiple winners with this format.

Reactions: cardsfan200306
OK, FootOnThe Gas - I’ll put you down for Perryville. I think if you had picked a Missouri team to beat an out of state team that would’ve been ok. IF I was to do this again I think I would do it with picking a team from each class each week. I’d forgotten how it was done in the past when I suggested it this year. It’ll get trickier once the playoffs start but I think there is a chance we’ll have multiple winners with this format.
I like this idea even though I'll lose sooner lol. Just remember 8 man ain't football

Reactions: FootOnTheGas
I think for the playoffs we need to do each class. Make it more trickier.

I love that idea about one from each class in the playoffs...and I'm not sad about having to choose Perryville considering their opponent..it should be a closer game than my original pick of the #1 team in Tennessee going against the #20 Class 2 team in Missouri.

Reactions: kaching
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT