ADVERTISEMENT

Webb City Dynasty is OVER!

Mr Goldtooth

Aug 30, 2019
The W.C. Dynasty is done! Webb City will never be what they were. Unless they start recruiting again. It amazes me how good Webb City "Recruiter High School" was when they got to dominate Class 4 for all those years. People moving in all those years and some how school enrollment never went up that's super SUS!
#WebbCityNeedsMoreRecruiting

The W.C. Dynasty is done! Webb City will never be what they were. Unless they start recruiting again. It amazes me how good Webb City "Recruiter High School" was when they got to dominate Class 4 for all those years. People moving in all those years and some how school enrollment never went up that's super SUS!
You may not be wrong.

I don't know. There is still talent in the pipeline from when Rod was still the coach

Rip Smh GIF

Kearney went through this just a couple years back so it does happen. Now we didn't enjoy the long success of Webb we now have won titles with three different head Fred's. I can see this lasting a while with the youth on this team and all the pop warner teams excelling. As long as Minnick is the coach look out.

Reactions: thetophat2021
I mean that loss is inexcusable but they had like 5 offensive starters out . Started 4 soph on the line . Both starting rb didn't suit . Still can't believe they lost tho

Once Rod retired there was no way to keep this going at the same level. That is a once in a lifetime hire.
No but I don’t think they are going away anytime soon. It’s just a different reality now then when a lot of people I know moved into the district in the early 2010s when Webb city was the biggest baddie in class 4 and the other coc schools were smaller and not nearly as good as they are now.

What is happening right now is exactly what several people told me they feared for this season, they get hurt playing these big schools and lose games and people, especially the move-in dads start pointing fingers wanting it fixed because their kids aren’t getting the Webb city football experience they sold their house and made their wife move for.

Kearney went through this just a couple years back so it does happen. Now we didn't enjoy the long success of Webb we now have won titles with three different head Fred's. I can see this lasting a while with the youth on this team and all the pop warner teams excelling. As long as Minnick is the coach look out.
Was chatting with classmate with whom I attended last night about all the K teams winning (fill in the blank) Grade Super Bowls in Grain Valley last fall. Doggone won't see any of it anymore nephew's little boy isn't out for FB this year.

No but I don’t think they are going away anytime soon. It’s just a different reality now then when a lot of people I know moved into the district in the early 2010s when Webb city was the biggest baddie in class 4 and the other coc schools were smaller and not nearly as good as they are now.

What is happening right now is exactly what several people told me they feared for this season, they get hurt playing these big schools and lose games and people, especially the move-in dads start pointing fingers wanting it fixed because their kids aren’t getting the Webb city football experience they sold their house and made their wife move for.
The question is how many years of not winning a state title will it take to stop the move ins. With social media your kid can be discovered anywhere

Reactions: HomeyR
February 2022 (it is here somewhere) I posted literally the day Minnick hired on as HC Kearney hit a home run. I was wrong.................a GRAND SLAM.

The question is how many years of not winning a state title will it take to stop the move ins. With social media your kid can be discovered anywhere
I don’t know that it matters a ton unless Webb city football actually becomes truly average or bad (not happening). People are moving for baseball now and they don’t win titles. And some people move because it’s “in”.

Without state titles as a perk I could see playing time becoming a disincentive for some. I knew someone that moved, then a year or two later questioning if it was worth being on a better (but not champion level) team and not playing as much. So it may have some effect but I still think talent continues to concentrate disproportionately there. All the other things that make it an attractive school are still there.

When was the last time Webb lost to a team as weak as Kickapoo? Kickapoo is well into the bottom half of the COC..

Fixed

I wouldn’t be pulling the plug just yet

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT