ADVERTISEMENT

WC vs CJ

The transfer from Joplin so far seems to be in the middle of every good play on both sides of the ball. He’s really good!

Reactions: 86THS
27-0 . CJ is honestly doing really well on defense. Better than nixa for sure

34-0 . No bueno tho their best RB looks to be hurt bad . Lost the other starter last week . Down to the 3rd and 4th back

CJ needs to play the freshman QB who can throw the ball more than 20 yards.

Washington is a damn good athlete, Webbs best athlete on the football field and basketball court. He is also on the older side but he’s not Luke Gall. That cat is a different breed.
How he got himself from Joplin to Webb is certainly a story.

Reactions: Rawlathaballa90
I still can’t get over how heavily utilized 11 is. He is in on everything! CJ looks gassed
ut up until that last Webb score they were holding their own stopping Webb from really establishing their typical offensive rhythm. 2 scores were big plays and the others were very short fields, I think one they started at the 1yd line lol.

The problem for cj is they can’t run against Webb defense AT ALL. When they throw they get some yards but picked before getting very far.

Great crowd here tonight for both teams! Seen a few Carthage and Joplin fans in the mix on the Webb side oddly enough.

I still can’t get over how heavily utilized 11 is. He is in on everything! CJ looks gassed
ut up until that last Webb score they were holding their own stopping Webb from really establishing their typical offensive rhythm. 2 scores were big plays and the others were very short fields, I think one they started at the 1yd line lol.

The problem for cj is they can’t run against Webb defense AT ALL. When they throw they get some yards but picked before getting very far.

Great crowd here tonight for both teams! Seen a few Carthage and Joplin fans in the mix on the Webb side oddly enough.
CJs other issue is that webb doesn't respect the CJ pass at all.

Washington is a damn good athlete, Webbs best athlete on the football field and basketball court. He is also on the older side but he’s not Luke Gall. That cat is a different breed.
Gall is great as well..but you can see how Webb utilizes Dante. Both are great athletes.

Webb just need to make sure to get the ball in Dante's hands as much as possible. He reminds me of kiente Hardin in space . That's one thing Webb really messed up against nixa . He barely touched the ball

Reactions: Stimie69er
I ended up going to this one last minute thinking it might be an interesting game but it was not! Carl put up a fight defensively for a couple quarters but they were just heavily outgunned and fell in a hole quickly after that early blocked punt that bounced backwards setting up Webb to takeover on the 1yd line. They wore out on defense and never found anything that worked on offense. WC's defense was great, suffocated every run play and also made passing very difficult as well. Seems like anytime they'd get a first down the next play would result in an interception.

Mixed thoughts on Webb's offense. Their early scores were mostly due to good defense or special teams. They were rolling in the second half but I think at least some of that is due to CJ folding somewhat at that point in the game. I mean, they were up 40 pts and still had #11 in the game.

Speaking of 11, I can't recall ever seeing one player do so many things for Webb City as that dude. He was making key plays on offense defense and special teams.

Some of the chants from the Webb student section seemed...unnecessary. Would not have been allowed by the school admins back in my day but I guess it's not my day anymore, lol.

Whoever kicks off for Webb is amazing. It is so important in high school football to have someone who can kick the ball to the end zone.

I ended up going to this one last minute thinking it might be an interesting game but it was not! Carl put up a fight defensively for a couple quarters but they were just heavily outgunned and fell in a hole quickly after that early blocked punt that bounced backwards setting up Webb to takeover on the 1yd line. They wore out on defense and never found anything that worked on offense. WC's defense was great, suffocated every run play and also made passing very difficult as well. Seems like anytime they'd get a first down the next play would result in an interception.

Mixed thoughts on Webb's offense. Their early scores were mostly due to good defense or special teams. They were rolling in the second half but I think at least some of that is due to CJ folding somewhat at that point in the game. I mean, they were up 40 pts and still had #11 in the game.

Speaking of 11, I can't recall ever seeing one player do so many things for Webb City as that dude. He was making key plays on offense defense and special teams.

Some of the chants from the Webb student section seemed...unnecessary. Would not have been allowed by the school admins back in my day but I guess it's not my day anymore, lol.
The punt wasn't blocked lol.

Yeah he shanked it and it was a negative 2 yard punted that ended up on the 7. Also Dante Washington kicks off for Webb . He's good on kickoffs but not so much at pat attempts

That's college level action. i like it
Yeah, I think it’s crazy how religious STL is. For it being such a big city. So many kids who all share religious beliefs, who haven’t always went to school together. Then come together and make each other better people. It’s great. I mean, some people might think 12+ kids over a few year period who all happen to be good at football come to said school (and it’s after a new coach more times then not) could be considered recruiting. But a dad moving to school district or whatever brings in a kid. Yeah, I mean it’s basically the same thing. So get owned rest of state/public schools. Right? Man, love STL logic. This argument is a beaten dead horse. Boring.

Yeah, I think it’s crazy how religious STL is. For it being such a big city. So many kids who all share religious beliefs, who haven’t always went to school together. Then come together and make each other better people. It’s great. I mean, some people might think 12+ kids over a few year period who all happen to be good at football come to said school (and it’s after a new coach more times then not) could be considered recruiting. But a dad moving to school district or whatever brings in a kid. Yeah, I mean it’s basically the same thing. So get owned rest of state/public schools. Right? Man, love STL logic. This argument is a beaten dead horse. Boring.
Holy sht dude, calm down. its high school football, which i enjoy watching, but give 0 shts who wins, now that my kids are all grown.

Also, don't act like people don't move to WC for football, just like kids declare homeless and play for East St. Louis.

Holy sht dude, calm down. its high school football, which i enjoy watching, but give 0 shts who wins, now that my kids are all grown.

Also, don't act like people don't move to WC for football, just like kids declare homeless and play for East St. Louis.
Speaking of getting a kid declared homeless so he can play for a certain school...

Reactions: HomeyR
There you go it is not a transfer if it happens before 9th grade.........CAN WE GET AN OFFICIAL RULING FROM THE DOC GUYS ON THIS SO IT CAN BE SET IN THE "UN" OFFICIAL MOSPORTS POSTING RULES..............it will cut out 85% of the WC recruiting posts from the forum......

Reactions: shoot90draw
I
There you go it is not a transfer if it happens before 9th grade.........CAN WE GET AN OFFICIAL RULING FROM THE DOC GUYS ON THIS SO IT CAN BE SET IN THE "UN" OFFICIAL MOSPORTS POSTING RULES..............it will cut out 85% of the WC recruiting posts from the forum......
It is the loophole to end all loopholes lol. However how Webb got Washington out of Joplin is super slimey and I don't think any other school in the area would do what Webb did.

Reactions: Rawlathaballa90
I

It is the loophole to end all loopholes lol. However how Webb got Washington out of Joplin is super slimey and I don't think any other school in the area would do what Webb did.
I would like the complete story, since you seem to be in the know. I'd love all the specifics, thanks.

Reactions: da bears 25
I mean doesn't that cut out all those issues when kids go to a private school before 9th grade

Last edited:
I know the family he lived with in Joplin. His parents in Neosho are...not good. A sad situation all around that is obviously not the kids fault at all. I will probably post it someday.

Reactions: Stimie69er
I

excited-listening.gif

Reactions: shoot90draw
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT