ADVERTISEMENT

Think about it

Toots_mcgee

Nov 10, 2020
In 1789, the Second Amendment was written.

In 1847, the bullet was invented.

In 1789, the Second Amendment was written.

In 1847, the bullet was invented.
LOL the musket ball was invented in the 15th century you are really trying to split hairs and be disingenuous .....the Second Amendment is about Citizens having the right to bear ARMS and bearing those ARMS shall not be infringed upon. The founding Fathers did not spell out specific ARMS/AMMO at all. They clearly used the Terms Arms and not be infringed so the Average Citizens could have the Most up to date and powerful self defense Arms available.

It's not complicated and I know it scares the wholly crap out of you lefties. But that is the intent of the Second Amendment.

LOL the musket ball was invented in the 15th century you are really trying to split hairs and be disingenuous .....the Second Amendment is about Citizens having the right to bear ARMS and bearing those ARMS shall not be infringed upon. The founding Fathers did not spell out specific ARMS/AMMO at all. They clearly used the Terms Arms and not be infringed so the Average Citizens could have the Most up to date and powerful self defense Arms available.

It's not complicated and I know it scares the wholly crap out of you lefties. But that is the intent of the Second Amendment.
A well regulated militia is the first part of the 2nd amendment. Not average citizens.

Reactions: HomeyR
I've explained this to you before......

A well regulated militia is a made up of citizens and not affiliated with the Govt.

And you do understand the point of the Comma's of the Second Amendment? labeling and pointing out each portion of the Rights of bearing Arms..

A well Regulated Militia COMMA (aka average law abiding citizens form it ranks independent of the govt.)

being Necessary to the security of a free state COMMA( a citizens group to protect the state from a organized tyrannical govt.)

the right of the people to keep and bear arms COMMA (All citizens who reside in the state shall have the right to possess and wield arms for protection of themselves and others)

shall not be infringed Period ( Citizens of the free state shall not be stopped by the Govt from owning, possessing, wielding or using ARMS.)

It's pretty clear the Founding fathers wanted every citizens to own and bear Arms and to have the legal right to form Militia independent of Govt control. Plus they wanted citizens to keep their weapons and that the govt shall not infringe on those rights.

Nice job being condescending. That is not the definition of militia.
Definition below. A supplement of the regular army or army acting as rebels or the civilians able to serve the military.
Or even better "Militia refers to a body of citizens armed and trained by the state for military service apart from the regular armed forces. It is composed of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service."
And in the constitution itself.
Article I, Section 8, Clause 15:

[The Congress shall have Power . . . ] To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions; . . .

Organize Militias​

Article I, Section 8, Clause 16:
[The Congress shall have Power . . . ] To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress; . . .
And the page before it for the other clause.
It seems to me that the constitution doesn't say a militia is separate from the state.
And militias in general have very specific laws they can follow.

mi·li·tia
/məˈliSHə/
Learn to pronounce

noun
  1. a military force that is raised from the civil population to supplement a regular army in an emergency.
    "creating a militia was no answer to the army's manpower problem"
    • a military force that engages in rebel or terrorist activities in opposition to a regular army.
    • all able-bodied civilians eligible by law for military service.

Reactions: HomeyR
The founding Fathers did not spell out specific ARMS/AMMO at all. They clearly used the Terms Arms and not be infringed so the Average Citizens could have the Most up to date and powerful self defense Arms available.
More flag waving is heartwarming but, sorry, we already have laws making several arms illegal; machine guns, automatic guns, short barrel shotguns and rifles, silencers, explosives, high capacity bullets, switchblades, nuclear/chemical/biological explosives.

The founding Fathers did not spell out specific ARMS/AMMO at all. They clearly used the Terms Arms and not be infringed so the Average Citizens could have the Most up to date and powerful self defense Arms available.

OMG…this is “clearly” the most made up BS ever. By your standards, that is saying something.

More flag waving is heartwarming but, sorry, we already have laws making several arms illegal; machine guns, automatic guns, short barrel shotguns and rifles, silencers, explosives, high capacity bullets, switchblades, nuclear/chemical/biological explosives.
Although now that we have established that our Supreme Court intends to rule favorably for all Rep causes, can the legalization of all arms be far behind?? Let's get some real weapons out there on the streets. It's our constitutional right.....Oh say can you see, by the dawn's early light.....

Man, I need a couple those RPG,launchers , my neighbor's cat is really pissin' me off!!

Reactions: Expect2Win
Nice job being condescending. That is not the definition of militia.
Definition below. A supplement of the regular army or army acting as rebels or the civilians able to serve the military.
Or even better "Militia refers to a body of citizens armed and trained by the state for military service apart from the regular armed forces. It is composed of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service."
And in the constitution itself.
Article I, Section 8, Clause 15:

[The Congress shall have Power . . . ] To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions; . . .

Organize Militias​

Article I, Section 8, Clause 16:
[The Congress shall have Power . . . ] To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress; . . .
And the page before it for the other clause.
It seems to me that the constitution doesn't say a militia is separate from the state.
And militias in general have very specific laws they can follow.

mi·li·tia
/məˈliSHə/
Learn to pronounce

noun
  1. a military force that is raised from the civil population to supplement a regular army in an emergency.
    "creating a militia was no answer to the army's manpower problem"
    • a military force that engages in rebel or terrorist activities in opposition to a regular army.
    • all able-bodied civilians eligible by law for military service.
You might want to actually look into how the English Language and how the meanings have changed over time before you pass judgement.

Are you not a educator? And you don't understand this basic concept. Here is some actual scholars providing the data and meanings!

I like the Quote from Samuel Adams "the constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from Keeping their own Arms"

Or how about Tench Coxe a member of the Continental Congress described the 2A this way "As civil rulers, not having their duty to the people before them, my attempt to tyrannize, and as the military forces which must be occasionally raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by this article(2A) in their right to keep and bear their private arms."

Doing just a bit or research and it's pretty clear the meaning of the 2A to the founding fathers and average citizen of that time.

Of course the Left aka Authoritarian fascist hate the right of private citizens to have the means and ability to resist their tyrannical motives.

OMG…this is “clearly” the most made up BS ever. By your standards, that is saying something.
Do some actual research and then get back to me...and I mean writing from people from when the constitution was framed.
Maybe you can start here....

https://scholarship.law.duke.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3830&context=lcp

Although now that we have established that our Supreme Court intends to rule favorably for all Rep causes, can the legalization of all arms be far behind?? Let's get some real weapons out there on the streets. It's our constitutional right.....Oh say can you see, by the dawn's early light.....

Man, I need a couple those RPG,launchers , my neighbor's cat is really pissin' me off!!
It is our Constitutional Right....I know it's scary to the Beta and Omega.

Funny, sad and true all in one video.

Yeah nobody on the Left on this board will address the Facts, data and historical trends that are pointed out in this video.

The Leftist on this site will just trust the Politicians and Propagandist and fall in line with what ever totalitarian dictate they put forth.

Strange that they have more fear of the people they associate with in their daily life's within the communities owning AR15 etc. than a Govt that exist only to acquire more power and wealth for those controlling the system.

You might want to actually look into how the English Language and how the meanings have changed over time before you pass judgement.

Are you not a educator? And you don't understand this basic concept. Here is some actual scholars providing the data and meanings!

I like the Quote from Samuel Adams "the constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from Keeping their own Arms"

Or how about Tench Coxe a member of the Continental Congress described the 2A this way "As civil rulers, not having their duty to the people before them, my attempt to tyrannize, and as the military forces which must be occasionally raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by this article(2A) in their right to keep and bear their private arms."

Doing just a bit or research and it's pretty clear the meaning of the 2A to the founding fathers and average citizen of that time.

Of course the Left aka Authoritarian fascist hate the right of private citizens to have the means and ability to resist their tyrannical motives.
None of the above addresses the trained by the state part. Or did the definition of trained change?

You continue to fail to acknowledge that we do already ban certain types of weapons
I know we do and it's not Constitutional....the Fed's do a whole lot of infringing on the Rights of the People for the so called greater good.....

None of the above addresses the trained by the state part. Or did the definition of trained change?
Congress Can if they are called into action Organize, discipline, and even Arm private citizens that make up militia's if they are called upon for defense .... The training of of Militia groups if called upon by congress has no bearing on the Right of individuals to own and bear arms for self defense or mandate training to do so. Again those are different clauses of the same amendment. One does not preempt the other.

Stop playing mental gymnastics to take away peoples God Given Right to Bear Arms and to try and do so by claiming they have to have training or be part of a militia to exercise those rights.

Clearly Congress can call upon able bodied civilians to form Militia and arm them if they can't provide their own if necessary and train them to supplement the NG and Federal Forces under article one, section 8 clause sixteen. But that does not mean private citizens AKA the PEOPLE in the 2A don't have the right to own their own arms and that right shall not be infringed upon.

Congress Can if they are called into action Organize, discipline, and even Arm private citizens that make up militia's if they are called upon for defense .... The training of of Militia groups if called upon by congress has no bearing on the Right of individuals to own and bear arms for self defense or mandate training to do so. Again those are different clauses of the same amendment. One does not preempt the other.

Stop playing mental gymnastics to take away peoples God Given Right to Bear Arms and to try and do so by claiming they have to have training or be part of a militia to exercise those rights.

Clearly Congress can call upon able bodied civilians to form Militia and arm them if they can't provide their own if necessary and train them to supplement the NG and Federal Forces under article one, section 8 clause sixteen. But that does not mean private citizens AKA the PEOPLE in the 2A don't have the right to own their own arms and that right shall not be infringed upon.
So now it's a God given right???

Last edited:
Reactions: Expect2Win
It does not say the right to bear any arm they want. That’s where the gun nuts lost their credibility.

I'd say it's a God Given Right to protect A persons life liberty and pursuit of happiness. And the only way to insure that is with weapons of self defense. History has proven that without a doubt.

It does not say the right to bear any arm they want. That’s where the gun nuts lost their credibility.
It doesn't list any restrictions on arms either. It says the right to bear ARMS shall not be infringed. ARMS means ARMS....

It doesn't list any restrictions on arms either. It says the right to bear ARMS shall not be infringed. ARMS means ARMS....
Anyone who thinks all arms, such as machine guns and military weapons, should be legal is not playing with a full deck. The Founding Fathers themselves proclaimed the constitution was a working document, and not the Ten Commandments handed down from the heavens not subject to change. They couldn't fathom the types of weapons we have today. Common sense isn't a strength of yours.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT