ADVERTISEMENT

9-0 Supreme Court ruling for Trump

blindedbythelight

Jul 28, 2023
Only Congress through legislative action as spelled out in the enforcement clause has the authority to implement the 14th amendment

Only Congress through legislative action as spelled out in the enforcement clause has the authority to implement the 14th amendment

I think the ruling is accurate. I also didn't think the Colorado ruling had even the slightest chance of standing up. It would have opened up some stupid avenues to exclude candidates.

Yeah they got this one right, had they allowed Colorado this could have been a revenge fest each election cycle. But interesting the ruling almost sounded like they agreed he had tried to have an insurrection, but that was up to congress to say it, not states.

Yeah they got this one right, had they allowed Colorado this could have been a revenge fest each election cycle. But interesting the ruling almost sounded like they agreed he had tried to have an insurrection, but that was up to congress to say it, not states.
The 14th Amendment clearly states in the enforcement clause

The Congress shall have the power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article."

No legislation has ever been passed to allow enforcing the 14th Amendment that I can find. It was about the only thing the court could do

The 14th Amendment clearly states in the enforcement clause

The Congress shall have the power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article."

No legislation has ever been passed to allow enforcing the 14th Amendment that I can find. It was about the only thing the court could do
100% agree with you, just stating that they seemed to agree that he was part of an insurrection plan. Be interesting if he wins if there is then a movement to have him removed under that article. We as a country are so divided that I don't know that this will ever end until it tears us apart.

100% agree with you, just stating that they seemed to agree that he was part of an insurrection plan. Be interesting if he wins if there is then a movement to have him removed under that article. We as a country are so divided that I don't know that this will ever end until it tears us apart.
Yea but if he is elected, he can just veto any legislation that might make it to his desk

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT