ADVERTISEMENT

REPMO 15,,,,,,WC. 13

Surely we will find out the kicker was hurt or something. Otherwise this coaching staff is going to be in a lot of hot water. That is one of the biggest no brainer calls that can happen.
The biggest no brainer is taking the safety and punting the ball away when pinned deep. Not hand the ball off to your back up running back in a rain storm? Amirite, @BoosterBosko ??

To me if you’re at a school the size of Webb and you can’t find a kicker capable of reliably kicking the ball 25 yards that’s a significant coaching coaching failure in itself.

You’re not at Purdy. There’s someone capable of doing it, you just haven’t convinced them that you’ve got something worth being a part of — or you lack the imagination required to envision how a 25 yard FG could impact a game, a season, etc.

Good luck on your interview!
Why would I interview for a position that requires experience that I do not possess??

On the other hand I have enough management skills that one of my 13 assistant coaches only game time job would be time management so he would have been in my face yelling to use our last time out.

Call your time out, settle your kids down and call your best play then line up and run it. Win or lose manage and execute like you have been there before.

The other major no brainer is not developing kickers as an important and integral part of your program. Having a kid that can drive the kickoff into the end zone in high school is good for about 100 yards of defense a game seems to me, and having a kid that can kick a short field goal apparently is important also

Why would I interview for a position that requires experience that I do not possess??

On the other hand I have enough management skills that one of my 13 assistant coaches only game time job would be time management so he would have been in my face yelling to use our last time out.

Call your time out, settle your kids down and call your best play then line up and run it. Win or lose manage and execute like you have been there before.

The other major no brainer is not developing kickers as an important and integral part of your program. Having a kid that can drive the kickoff into the end zone in high school is good for about 100 yards of defense a game seems to me, and having a kid that can kick a short field goal apparently is important also
Bing bang boom. It’s that easy.
You will have to start as an assistant since Maniac is getting the HC position.

I never said it was easy, but knowing how much time is left and knowing you have a time out you can call sure as hell isn’t very damn difficult. That’s twice in six games that they walked off of the field with a loss when they were in a position to win with a time out left in the coaches pocket
Can you explain why ???

Webb has had it so good for so long they jump ship when things go a little bad. Kearney had this problem a few years ago and you never seen me saying the coach needed fired. I may of thought it but didn't post it. Maybe this year they don't have the athletes to do what you hoped for, or maybe the youth is better and will take a couple of years who knows but you still have the history that will never go away.

Reactions: webbpa
Webb has had it so good for so long they jump ship when things go a little bad. Kearney had this problem a few years ago and you never seen me saying the coach needed fired. I may of thought it but didn't post it. Maybe this year they don't have the athletes to do what you hoped for, or maybe the youth is better and will take a couple of years who knows but you still have the history that will never go away.
It’s been many many moons since I agreed with Daddy on anything. 😂 But he is right.

Couple thoughts here. First, everyone expected a down year here so why all the surprise that it's actually happened? I think everyone would agree Republic is a high quality opponent so based on previous weeks this showed a marked improvement and defensively it was a great performance no matter how you slice it. Having said that it's incredibly frustrating to see a very winnable game, especially against a team like Repmo, slip away in the way it did.

To be fair kicking has never been a big component of Webb City, they do one thing very well which is run the ball and they excel at it. They don't kick field goals they run the ball. Maybe moving forward that needs to change but it may take some time to adjust. Give the coaches some time and slack. They barely got beat by what I believe is a very good team. And it's not like Webb City is the only large school that isn't great at kicking anything other than XPs (cough) Carthage. Thing is they could have tried a FG and missed and people would be saying why TF are we kicking when we don't have a kicker? We have no less than 40 running backs capable of gaining 2 yards.

Really, based on how they played Republic their outlook for the remaining games looks much, much brighter than it did 2 weeks ago.

I couldn’t get the Webb job. Baxter Springs is more my style. No one cares, no athletes, no fan base, requires a 23 IQ, I’m in!

I couldn’t get the Webb job. Baxter Springs is more my style. No one cares, no athletes, no fan base, requires a 23 IQ, I’m in!
I’m glad we established you know nothing. Now we have a baseline.
Here is the problem with spoiled entitled fans, they don’t have an ounce of respect for the work anyone puts in, whether it’s your team or opponents.
Don’t ever assume a record reflects caring. My son played his sophomore year at Baxter already riding a 15 game losing streak. They had 18 kids 9-12 on a 3a team in the CNC. They knew what was ahead of them. No one missed summer weights. They got their teeth kicked in for 10 weeks. No one loafed at practice. No one took a play off. No finger pointing. Coaches worked tirelessly every week. I will promise you this; every one of those kids have more character than you have ever displayed in this board.
I loved being close to the WC program for so long and I can’t tell you how much respect I have for the coaches past and present. But my kid playing at Baxter has given me a world of perspective. There is nothing wrong with having high standards but HS football is simply not a bottom line wins and losses business. Step back, get some prospective and stop demanding someone looses their livelihood six weeks into a season following him leading his team to the state semifinals last season.
Oh wait, I forgot that wasn’t good enough either.

Yeah, we all like losers. Good point. Everyone wants that guy on a team that couldn’t win, in KANSAS no less. Sure set me straight. He was a bad decision in the first place, didn’t deserve the job. His awful play calling as O coordinator was atrocious and hasn’t got better. I didn’t say he should lose his job 6 weeks into the season. He shouldn’t have gotten it in the first place. Yeah they got to the Semis and his miserable coaching cost them the game. Imagine how’d you and I be if we didn’t take our medication

1. Webb doesn't have the athletes this year. If Lebanon didn't lose their QB and Neosho ran the ball more Webb could be 0-6.

2. Webb has lots of talent coming up.

3. The current coach could make enough mistakes to ruin future years.

I never said it was easy, but knowing how much time is left and knowing you have a time out you can call sure as hell isn’t very damn difficult. That’s twice in six games that they walked off of the field with a loss when they were in a position to win with a time out left in the coaches pocket
Can you explain why ???
Needed to save the timeout for Mondays JV game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT