ADVERTISEMENT

Ray-Pec

Apr 20, 2023
Was this team the biggest disappointment in the KC Metro this year? A Georgia-bound Tight End, a running back that can probably go anywhere he wants and apparently more D1 kids in the hopper.... Lost their last 5, their three wins against a 1-8 BSS, 0-9 BV North (KS) and 4-5 Park Hill.
How long until Rockhurst comes calling to see if the RB is interested in a traditional Jesuit education... or the family decides an apartment in the north part of Lee's Summit or Liberty seems more conducive to their lives.

I think Ray-Pec fans are used to their basketball team being a disappointment but not football.

This was a huge surprise.
Don't discount Horn at LSW as a future potential landing spot (and one that shares boundary lines with Ray Pec) Everyone in the district knew what Mozee was doing and they knew they needed a similar recruiter at West. I wonder how many new kids are "moving" into the district each year at LSN. You look at Twitter profiles and see quite a few kids switching. Many are coming from Kansas now in the middle of high school.
Ray Pec has the same issue Fort has with being too far off the beaten path to attract players.

I don't think it was that big of a surprise. Besides those 2 kids, who else do they have. They had a QB that couldn't throw too well, so hence the Reddell kid from a touch and stat perspective suffered. Not aware off too many other D1 kids in the hopper.

Those schools are likely contenders, though last year he stated he could go play for IMG, so don't be surprised if he leaves the state as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT