ADVERTISEMENT

Pingeton Record

ChaoticFanatic

Mar 12, 2009
THE OZARKS
All W-L records are current as of today

Years @ Mizzou: 14 (including current season)
Overall Record @ Mizzou: 235-187 (55.7%)
Big 12 Record: 7-29 (19.4%)
Best Big 12 Finish: 10th
SEC Record: 83-95 (46.6%)
Best SEC Finish: Tied for 3rd
Average SEC Finish: 7th

Record vs Power 5: 113-160

Seasons with winning record against P5s

3 out of 14 seasons

All W-L records are current as of today

Years @ Mizzou: 14 (including current season)
Overall Record @ Mizzou: 235-187 (55.7%)
Big 12 Record: 7-29 (19.4%)
Best Big 12 Finish: 10th
SEC Record: 83-95 (46.6%)
Best SEC Finish: Tied for 3rd
Average SEC Finish: 7th

Record vs Power 5: 113-160

Seasons with winning record against P5s

3 out of 14 seasons
Is our A D aware of this or does she even care? If you really care, pink slip city. If you don't care then MOTS.

Hire Molly. Grand Canyon is 14-3 this year with wins over Arizona State, Fresno State and St Mary’s. Played Oregon to a close loss at Oregon. Her winning percentage is off the charts. She can turn this program into a winner.

Reactions: Arcola
Molly would be nice hire, but 2 of the wins you use for getting rid of sitting coach are against less than or barely .500 teams that play so so competition. Mizzou Wb needs to stay healthy and be nice to get more athletic bigs. Today was nice comeback win over good SEC team. (16-1)

Time for this program to find the excitement, whatever that takes its time. Just don't use wins over sub .500 teams for one coach calling for another coaches job that is coming off back to back 18 win seasons.

Molly would be nice hire, but 2 of the wins you use for getting rid of sitting coach are against less than or barely .500 teams that play so so competition. Mizzou Wb needs to stay healthy and be nice to get more athletic bigs. Today was nice comeback win over good SEC team. (16-1)

Time for this program to find the excitement, whatever that takes its time. Just don't use wins over sub .500 teams for one coach calling for another coaches job that is coming off back to back 18 win seasons.
The reasons for getting rid of a sitting coach are plentiful. Chaotic listed them. She has had plenty of time to build a consistent winner and has failed. Time for someone new to get a try.

Personally I would be fine with hiring Molly, but I would hope we first do a search and find out all the people who are interested in the job. You may find out there is someone better.

Didn't say it wasn't time for new leadership. But to just throw out one and use wins over barely .500 teams is lazy. I think Molly would be a great hire, but for many reasons other than 3 wins like was mentioned. What Drink has done for Mizzou FB and the state, new energy may be needed to move the women's basketball program in that direction.

There is rumblings before the season that Mizzou’s AD said if the Women didn’t make the Tournament, it would be time for a change.

There is rumblings before the season that Mizzou’s AD said if the Women didn’t make the Tournament, it would be time for a change.
How many $$ per year are we paying her to make that observation? Several on here have made the same observation for 0.00 $$ and made it several seasons ago. M I Z get a new coach.

Mizzou beats Georgia by 12 tonight for their second straight SEC win.
Now 11-7 overall (2-3 SEC)

Frank led all scorers with 24 pts on 10/18 shooting and 1 of 8 from 3 pt land

Reactions: Arcola
Mizzou Women are now 11-10 overall and 2-6 in the SEC after losing 3 straight. Next to last place in the conference.

Overall: 11-10
SEC: 2-6
vs Power 5: 3-8

On track for possibly their worst SEC finish ever.
The worst they’ve finished in the SEC during her tenure is 11th out of 14. And they’re on pace to finish somewhere around 12th - 14th

Probably not going to get any better the next 2 games. On the road at Tennessee and then at South Carolina

Switch to the men's side for a moment. This weekend the Mizzou men host Mississippi St and what could be their first and possibly only conference win. Looking at the balance of the schedule, it's pretty grim.
Question: If the Tigers only manage one conference win or heaven forbid, go winless in the SEC, does Gates start the '24 - '25 season on the hot seat? Can't put up that kind of record and expect there not to be consequences, right?

Their best chance to win is their last game against LSU. Gates isn't on the hot seat because his buyout that Mizzou have him like 8 months ago is so huge. It is 17 million after next season. They have a good class coming next year but they are the type of players that won't help much until they are sophomores. There are no lottery picks in the class.

Their best chance to win is their last game against LSU. Gates isn't on the hot seat because his buyout that Mizzou have him like 8 months ago is so huge. It is 17 million after next season. They have a good class coming next year but they are the type of players that won't help much until they are sophomores. There are no lottery picks in the class.
That game is in Baton Rouge. Man-oh-man, if we can't beat Vandy in Nashville, I think LSU, there, is pretty daunting. But I'll have my glass-half-full next to me at tipoff. Half full of bourbon, but half full, nevertheless.

• Haha
Reactions: Missouri Kid
Update:

11-13 overall
2-9 SEC (tied for last place)
3-11 vs Power 5s

Saw on Facebook a ridiculously high amount of people saying it’s just because Frank has been hurt for a few games. 🤣🤣

I’ll be honest, I think they play better as a “team” without her. The ball gets moved around more and they play as a team.

A lot less of this: shots forced up and missed in double and triple team situations when others are wide open.
I guess that’s to be expected when you’re trying to break a record in your 5th season that was set in 4 seasons though. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Reactions: TakeNoPlaysOff
Mizzou women lost their 7th straight today. Lost to Arkansas again. Mizzou’s best shot at getting a win the rest of the year is probably their next game at Florida. You cannot have 4 slow players on the court at the same time and win in the SEC.

I have wondered if she might transfer either way from a few things I have heard. I have no first hand knowledge of anything. But I think there is fair reason to speculate.
I’ll admit that yes, I am biased, but they are not using her near enough. She could do so much more for the team but even though she is starting, I think she is being underutilized and I hope she does leave and go to MSU.
Fingers crossed.
But then again, she’s proven that she’s a Power 5 player so if she wanted to stay, wouldn’t blame her at all. I’m sure she would have other Power 5 options as well if she wanted.

Both men's and women's programs are a mess. Men have 6 games remaining against teams that combine for a 101 - 43 record. The best oppty for wins are against Arkansas and LSU. Both teams are barely .500, but both of those are on the road. Played Ole' Miss fairly tough on the road, maybe steal one at home? Can some stat geek give a season when both teams were this low at the same time?

I’ll admit that yes, I am biased, but they are not using her near enough. She could do so much more for the team but even though she is starting, I think she is being underutilized and I hope she does leave and go to MSU.
Fingers crossed.
But then again, she’s proven that she’s a Power 5 player so if she wanted to stay, wouldn’t blame her at all. I’m sure she would have other Power 5 options as well if she wanted.
I would be glad to see her at MSU and clearly that would make them even better than they have been. But I would expect there would be some bigger suitors at her door. I know Arkansas was very high on her and I could easily see them being on her radar again as well. If I am MSU's coach she is item #1 on my offeason to do list.

Reactions: ChaoticFanatic
The men's program is in a lull this season, they lost a lot from last season, but they have 5 4 star recruits coming in next season so assuming they all end up at Mizzou, they will be in much better shape. Their recruiting class has been ranked #1 or #2

I would be glad to see her at MSU and clearly that would make them even better than they have been. But I would expect there would be some bigger suitors at her door. I know Arkansas was very high on her and I could easily see them being on her radar again as well. If I am MSU's coach she is item #1 on my offeason to do list.
I think MSU wouldn’t necessarily be a long shot, but IF she leaves Mizzou, I would be surprised if she landed in Springfield, BUT I hope she does.

Reed-Francois just announced she’s leaving Mizzou for the AD job at Arizona.

I hope to god whoever Mizzou hires doesn’t give Pingeton a clean slate or “one more year” 🙄

Reed-Francois just announced she’s leaving Mizzou for the AD job at Arizona.

I hope to god whoever Mizzou hires doesn’t give Pingeton a clean slate or “one more year” 🙄
Amen to that. I don't know how to compare AZ with MO jobs but I'm thinking she did not want to pull the trigger on Pingeton even though everyone knows it needs to happen like five years ago.

The issue for Gates is generally 4 star kids contribute more their 2nd year than their first. He needs to hit the portal.

Reactions: TadQueasy
Amen to that. I don't know how to compare AZ with MO jobs but I'm thinking she did not want to pull the trigger on Pingeton even though everyone knows it needs to happen like five years ago.
I highly doubt anything involving girls basketball played into her decision.

The issue for Gates is generally 4 star kids contribute more their 2nd year than their first. He needs to hit the portal

I'm sure he will, he's done pretty decent in that area. This yrs team just doesn't have star power, they have a lot of guys who should play second or third fiddle on a good team but are having to be first fiddles

Mizzou women lost again on Thursday, 86-70 to Florida. Their 8th loss in a row. Probably the only winnable game that was left on their schedule. They were down 36-13 at the end of the 1st quarter. They gave up 36 points in one quarter, unbelievable.

Mizzou women lost again on Thursday, 86-70 to Florida. Their 8th loss in a row. Probably the only winnable game that was left on their schedule. They were down 36-13 at the end of the 1st quarter. They gave up 36 points in one quarter, unbelievable.
I saw that. They were down by 20ish for almost the entire game. I embarrassing.

The roster needs an overhaul with the exception of maybe 3-4 players and Robin needs to ride off into the sunset with the worst power 5 record of any active head coach who has held the same position for 14 years at a Power 5

I saw that. They were down by 20ish for almost the entire game. I embarrassing.

The roster needs an overhaul with the exception of maybe 3-4 players and Robin needs to ride off into the sunset with the worst power 5 record of any active head coach who has held the same position for 14 years at a Power 5
Totally accurate on all counts. Extremely embarrassing and you can tell by the players' body language that they have accepted their fate, expect to lose, know they do not have the athleticism of other conference teams, are not competitive in the SEC, and have no confidence in their coach. What a friggin train wreck!!!!!! It is already going to be a long rebuild. If she remains it will be even worse.

Lack of any comments about Mizzou’s latest loss indicates apathy has set in. When no one cares if you win or lose, your program is done.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT