v.s. Power 5s: 114-172 (39.8%)

Last 5 seasons
Record: 65-81 (44.5%)
Conference: 25-53 (32%)
v.s. Power 5s: 30-68 (30.6%)

20-win seasons @ Mizzou: 4 out of 14 seasons
Above .500 in Conf. : 3 out of 14 seasons
Above .500 vs P5s: 3 out of 14 seasons
Seasons with single digit losses: 1 (2017-18)
Seasons with double digit losses: 13
Conference titles: 0
Conference runner-up: 0
3rd place in Conference: 1 (2016-17)
Seasons winning at least 63% of games against Power 5 opponents: 1 (2017-18)

In her best season, Mizzou still only won 72% of their games against Power 5 competition

Do you know how many NCAA tournaments she has made, her tournament record and the furthest she has taken Mizzou in the NCAA tournament

NCAA Tournaments: 4 in 14 years (last time was 2018-19)

NCAA Tournament Record: 3-4

NCAA Tourney Record vs Power 5: 0-3

BYU wasn’t a Power 5 when they won in 2016 1st Round

‘16 1st Round: Win 78-69 vs Brigham Young
16’ 2nd Round: Lose 73-55 vs Texas

‘17 1st Round: Win 66-64 vs South Florida
‘17 2nd Round: Lose 77-55 vs Florida State

‘18 1stRound: Lose 80-70 vs Florida Gulf Coast

‘19 1st Round: Win 77-76 (OT) vs Drake
‘19 2nd Round: Lose 68-52 vs Iowa

Thanks for the info. So basically it was during the Sophie Cunningham years, probably the best women’s player their program has ever had. And they couldn’t even make 1 Sweet 16. Not good.

Thanks for the info. So basically it was during the Sophie Cunningham years, probably the best women’s player their program has ever had. And they couldn’t even make 1 Sweet 16. Not good.
I was telling someone a few months ago that Pingeton has Cunningham to thank for her 3 “good” years.
They made 4 tournaments but had double digit losses in 3 of those 4 seasons.

Reactions: Comeagle
Multiple sources have told us #Mizzou has made the decision to retain women's basketball coach Robin Pingeton for next season. The Tigers were 11-19, 2-14 in the SEC this year. There has been no word from the school or athletic department since the end of the season.

From Power Mizzou

Multiple sources have told us #Mizzou has made the decision to retain women's basketball coach Robin Pingeton for next season. The Tigers were 11-19, 2-14 in the SEC this year. There has been no word from the school or athletic department since the end of the season.

From Power Mizzou

What a joke. What Power 5 school could possibly be okay with their program winning less than 40% of their games against other Power 5 programs in the 14 years a coach has been there?

Oh wait, Mizzou!

womens sports lose a ton of money each year, why pay a buyout with 1 year left on her contract.

womens sports lose a ton of money each year, why pay a buyout with 1 year left on her contract.
Problem is, the Porter girl is a senior at rock bridge and she only comes to Mizzou if Pingeton stays, so they’ll extend her contract again, to get the big post player and then still be mediocre.
They need to get rid of her now.

Problem is, the Porter girl is a senior at rock bridge and she only comes to Mizzou if Pingeton stays, so they’ll extend her contract again, to get the big post player and then still be mediocre.
They need to get rid of her now.
Mizzou is also trying to get Jevon Porter to transfer in for his senior Year after Romar got fired.

This is all a mess.
Talk about somebody having their job solely because of their family connections. I’m sure she’s a nice person and a good mentor, but they don’t pay her salary to be likable. They pay it for her to win and recruit. If she can’t recruit outside of her family tree, which has rarely benefited the university for more than a year, then she needs to go.

Reactions: Wheels 1
Doesn’t matter if they get the porter girl if coach can’t do anything with the talent.
West planes girl not having enough success, Choat ic Fanatic to the rescue!
the-goon-the-slap.gif

I think the womens basketball programs at Iowa, South Carolina, LSU, Tennessee and UCONN make money. And for several years, granted it’s been awhile, Mo State women made $. It’s simple, for basketball, winning leads to profitable programs. That’s for the men’s and women’s programs. If Mizzou retains Pingeton they are telling the sports world they don’t give a rats ass about womens sports

I think the womens basketball programs at Iowa, South Carolina, LSU, Tennessee and UCONN make money. And for several years, granted it’s been awhile, Mo State women made $. It’s simple, for basketball, winning leads to profitable programs. That’s for the men’s and women’s programs. If Mizzou retains Pingeton they are telling the sports world they don’t give a rats ass about womens sports
Anyone who played Iowa this year did better than the rest. Couldn't hardly get a ticket to watch them play anywhere.

nice try, but your comparing the absolute top performers. you think Mizzou is 1 hire away from being in final 4? to compare this to mens basketball your trying to make the comparison to Duke, UNC, Kentucky and kansas.

Mizzou has made it 100% official, she’s staying.

Fun fact: her buyout is less than half of what she will make this year in the final year of her contract.

nice try, but your comparing the absolute top performers. you think Mizzou is 1 hire away from being in final 4? to compare this to mens basketball your trying to make the comparison to Duke, UNC, Kentucky and kansas.
"ill take' 4 teams that didn't make the final 4 this year', jordan"

"ill take' 4 teams that didn't make the final 4 this year', jordan"
this year, yet they are still the 4 blue bloods that dominate recruiting rankings and NC's. NIL is equalizing the playing field some. Mizzou is doing very well with NIL. but is there donors for the womens bball program also?

this year, yet they are still the 4 blue bloods that dominate recruiting rankings and NC's. NIL is equalizing the playing field some. Mizzou is doing very well with NIL. but is there donors for the womens bball program also?
There may not be 'blue bloods' with NIL.
I suspect the money will flow to the womens teams with the right networking.

Pingeton is a good person and I hate to see her failing at Mizzou. Buyout is 323k with a final year of contract remaining. What kind of chance does she have to turn things around recruiting wise with a year remaining on her contract? If they don't want to fire her, it's time for a rich alumni to offer a buyout for her to leave,.

Ladazia Williams left after 1 year and played on National Champs LSU, Blackwell played in the tournament with Baylor, Sarah Smith with Colorado, Lauren Hansen with Michigan. Why did they leave? This was a sad year and the Mizzou kids still with the team deserve better.

Sarah Linthacum(the middle sister) is transferring from Mizzou. I wish her the best, but she needed to go.
Are you from West Plains? We were just down that way a couple of weeks ago. Preacher Roe Blvd...a hero of my Brooklyn Dodgers fan time in my youth!

Are you from West Plains? We were just down that way a couple of weeks ago. Preacher Roe Blvd...a hero of my Brooklyn Dodgers fan time in my youth!

I’m not from there. But spent some years there both in my youth and a few years there in my early-mid 20s.
Still head that way every now and again, but if I do, it’s usually for a football game, Walmart, and every now and again, El Charro

Spend most of my time in the area, but in Willow Springs/Pomona just north of there.

Bill Virdon and Preacher Roe are both big baseball names in that town.

Preacher Roe spent his post MLB years in WP, but Virdon spent his youth there or at least his middle school/high school years there as an athlete. Oddly, WP didn’t have baseball when he was there.

Reactions: Vallegrad2
I’m not from there. But spent some years there both in my youth and a few years there in my early-mid 20s.
Still head that way every now and again, but if I do, it’s usually for a football game, Walmart, and every now and again, El Charro

Spend most of my time in the area, but in Willow Springs/Pomona just north of there.

Bill Virdon and Preacher Roe are both big baseball names in that town.

Preacher Roe spent his post MLB years in WP, but Virdon spent his youth there or at least his middle school/high school years there as an athlete. Oddly, WP didn’t have baseball when he was there.

I remember when Bill Virden played for StL.

We have been spending a week in the spring and again in the fall down at Echo Bluff for the past several years. Our kids learned to swim in the Jacks Fork River back in the 70's.. Love the area. Wild horses, Peck Ranch and a lot of springs and old mills to visit.

Not sure, but we may have driven through Willow Springs a couple of years ago trying to get to Hodgson Mill when the gps took us on a god forsaken route through a conservation area. That's when I got a map out and came back through West Plains.

Jada is a great kid, but she is not ready to help MU win in the SEC. She struggles against players with same size. That has been the problem. Local talent has been recruited too much. Only Cunnigham has been a local talent able to help them win. Jevon is going onto LMU with Romar I saw.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT