ADVERTISEMENT

Pat McAfee has got to go.

Also can't stand the boomers getting on and on about females giving football takes. It's a sport fellas, any can watch a have a take. If it's good it's good, if it aint it aint. But I wouldn't trust many of you old codgers to know good taste or you asses from a hole in the ground.
When a female reporter or analyst actually has a good take please let us know.

You can tell McAfee and Saban genuinely like each other which is awesome. Also, anytime McAfee shows up on any campus he's the most popular guy on stage. Sometimes he can be hard to follow and the yelling can get old, but he can talk ball with the best of em, I think any coach would back that up.

Otherwise, if a dude is clearly popular as hell and keeps showing up everywhere you look and your the one guy saying "Well actually this guy sucks" unfortunately that's a you problem, and is curmudgeon behavior. I do understand the hate, but this guy is probably the most popular dude in sports media atm for a reason.

Also can't stand the boomers getting on and on about females giving football takes. It's a sport fellas, any can watch a have a take. If it's good it's good, if it aint it aint. But I wouldn't trust many of you old codgers to know good taste or you asses from a hole in the ground.
So I can somewhat agree...but here's where I get lost...he doesn't talk much ball anymore, at least not on Gameday. Btw, Gameday had massive crowds long before McAfee. That ain't a new thing.

I get he's polarizing, just isn't my flavor. I should probably give his podcast a listen, but I just can't. Ever since his bromance with ARodg, I've just been out on him.

You can tell McAfee and Saban genuinely like each other which is awesome. Also, anytime McAfee shows up on any campus he's the most popular guy on stage. Sometimes he can be hard to follow and the yelling can get old, but he can talk ball with the best of em, I think any coach would back that up.

Otherwise, if a dude is clearly popular as hell and keeps showing up everywhere you look and your the one guy saying "Well actually this guy sucks" unfortunately that's a you problem, and is curmudgeon behavior. I do understand the hate, but this guy is probably the most popular dude in sports media atm for a reason.

We got a curmudgeon reference.

That's it boys. Close it all up.
Been a good run.

• Haha
Reactions: BoosterBosko
Tad Ol boy if you think a female has never had a good football take then I don't know what to tell you. I would suggest you check out Mina Kimes, she's a gal who I really like, but on the other hand a wise man once told me, "Bees don't waste time telling flies shit tastes like shit."

@Eagles_Ball I actually do completely understand where you're coming from on Pat. I've just had to have the same conversation with myself, and can usually enjoy him now. The A-Rod bromance sucks though, but I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Rodgers hater.

It’s true.

I have no personality.

I am also wholly mundane and have no sense of humor.
c056fe62-a5b8-4349-ae86-9e138bb8cecf_text.gif

Reactions: Arcola
@Eagles_Ball I actually do completely understand where you're coming from on Pat. I've just had to have the same conversation with myself, and can usually enjoy him now. The A-Rod bromance sucks though, but I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Rodgers hater.
You know the funny thing about Rodgers, I used to like him. Then he turned all hippie/diva/smartest guy in the room. Just exhausting. I love that he sucks so bad he just got his coach fired.

Reactions: trumanbulldog42

I've always thought Mina Kimes has some really good insight
I think were all forgetting one very important part to all this. Its sports! The majority of audiences are men!! You need EYE CANDY!!! Mina Kimes? Bosko likey! Maria Taylor?? You better believe Bosko likey! Laura Rutledge?? Absolutely Bosko likey!! You all get the point. Can female reports give good sports insights and opinions? WHO CARES!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: trumanbulldog42
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT