ADVERTISEMENT

One number shows in graphic detail how inaccurate MO district seeding is:

Dumpster Fire GIF

• Haha
Reactions: thetophat2021
To be fair, getting points for playing up makes sense in almost every situation. Central is just an outlier
How about we just use a sagarin type model that balances out as the year goes on?

Otherwise, why wouldn't a KC area team just play all IL schools for out of conference games? Voila, 1 seed in districts.

Why don't we just use our common sense and let the coaches vote on the seedings and then use the head to head to move up a spot as well? Pretty simple. I know coaches try to buddy up and get seeds manipulated, but usually fall into place just right in the end because everyone can see who voted for who!

Do something like the old points system did take into account the opponents record. If the team you are playing up is 0-9 you should get no points clearly they are no good.

Do something like the old points system did take into account the opponents record. If the team you are playing up is 0-9 you should get no points clearly they are no good.
How'd you like to be Lamar right now? Stockton will likely host their district.

Schedule comparo:

8/30
at McDonald County (1-6)W 32 - 29Matchup
9/6East Newton (2-5)W 34 - 24Matchup
9/13Tipton (6-1)W 44 - 0Matchup
9/20at Cassville (2-5)L 34 - 35Matchup
9/27Mt. Vernon (6-1)L 32 - 42Matchup
10/4Nevada (6-1)L 19 - 20Matchup
10/11at Monett (2-5)W 45 - 22Matchup
10/18Aurora (2-5)7:00 pmMatchup
10/25at Seneca (7-0)7:00 pm

VS.

8/30Marionville (7-0)L 14 - 36Matchup
9/6at Miller (2-5)W 48 - 20Matchup
9/13at Ash Grove (6-1)W 18 - 0Matchup
9/20Sarcoxie (4-3)W 49 - 21Matchup
9/27at Central (Springfield) (0-7)W 34 - 7Matchup
10/4at Sherwood (3-4)W 57 - 14Matchup
10/11Diamond (2-5)W 50 - 8Matchup
10/18Skyline (2-5)7:00 pmMatchup
10/24at Pierce City (4-3)7:00 pm

Phew.

How about we just use a sagarin type model that balances out as the year goes on?

Otherwise, why wouldn't a KC area team just play all IL schools for out of conference games? Voila, 1 seed in districts.
I definitely get what you're saying. I'm not exactly sure what all is taken into the current system and what isn't so I can't argue much more about the specifics lol

Why don't we just use our common sense and let the coaches vote on the seedings and then use the head to head to move up a spot as well? Pretty simple. I know coaches try to buddy up and get seeds manipulated, but usually fall into place just right in the end because everyone can see who voted for who!
The computer system they currently used does switch two teams if they are right next to each other in seeding and the lower team beat the higher team head to head

The computer system they currently used does switch two teams if they are right next to each other in seeding and the lower team beat the higher team head to head
I do not think they switch them, but lower seed has the option to bump up if they choose. Say you are the 6th seed and beat the 5th seed. They may not want to bump up and play the 1 seed in the semi finals.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT