ADVERTISEMENT

Missouri State @ USC

ChaoticFanatic

Mar 12, 2009
THE OZARKS
I know some of y’all have seen this LOL

I keep seeing comments of people ragging on MSU about this game on Facebook.

Realistically, Mo State has not faired too bad in big games the last decade.

Lost by 11 to Arkansas(I was at that game) in 2022 after leading by multiple scores the first 3 quarters

Lost to by 7 to top 25 Oklahoma State in 2021

Got a 7 figure pay day coming from USC either way.

Bears are 3-2 this year and on a 3 game winning streak. Be interesting to see how the final year in the Valley goes for the Bears.

This is a tremendous opportunity. Maybe they stay close for a quarter but they can't turn down the money.

Reactions: Rshs1991

Lost by 11 to Arkansas(I was at that game) in 2022 after leading by multiple scores the first 3 quarters

Bears are 3-2 this year and on a 3 game winning streak. Be interesting to see how the final year in the Valley goes for the Bears.
Just be sure to tell the Springfield kiddos not to hang out around the Coliseum after the game..................

• Haha
Reactions: ChaoticFanatic
giphy.gif

• Wow
Reactions: thetophat2021

I'm not sure why anyone would be ragging about playing a high profile opponent and getting paid a lot of money to do it. Bears can't really lose in that situation.

Reactions: Rshs1991
I'm not sure why anyone would be ragging about playing a high profile opponent and getting paid a lot of money to do it. Bears can't really lose in that situation.
It’s the same old crap you see commenting from locals “they’re a terrible program, why would they play them, they won’t win”

They just don’t get it.

Idk if Springfield will ever be behind the Bears

Know of a kid from a school to the East that used the transfer portal to go to Missouri State. Huge mistake. Wanted out of there and back to his old school. A problem if that is what is happening. You have to make an environment people want to be in.
Missouri State needs to have some old school fun like back in the day:

The Naked Mile Relay. Be there and be Bare/Bear
The WADD Brothers House
A 5/1 Girl/Guy ratio.

You know, bring in the intangibles...

Know of a kid from a school to the East that used the transfer portal to go to Missouri State. Huge mistake. Wanted out of there and back to his old school. A problem if that is what is happening. You have to make an environment people want to be in.

The WADD Brothers House
A 5/1 Girl/Guy ratio.

Please don't get Sheldon going !!! :rolleyes:

The WADD Brothers House
A 5/1 Girl/Guy ratio.

Hey that beats the zillion to one guy/gal ratio at S&T (UMR for the older set) at least waaaaaaay back when I went to school there.

Hey that beats the zillion to one guy/gal ratio at S&T (UMR for the older set) at least waaaaaaay back when I went to school there.
I’ll say that probably hasn’t changed too much there.

I’d be surprised if it was better than 3 to 1 at S&T now.

Though the do offer a wide range of degree programs there nowadays so it could be better than we think there.

Reactions: thetophat2021
I’ll say that probably hasn’t changed too much there.

I’d be surprised if it was better than 3 to 1 at S&T now.

Though the do offer a wide range of degree programs there nowadays so it could be better than we think there.
Yeah I was helping my niece decide on school a few years back the school offers lots of liberal arts etc. types of programs they definitely either did not offer or sure didn't emphasize back in the early 80s. Back then it was all about whatever engineering program one chose.

Reactions: ChaoticFanatic

I think it depends on how many quality guys we lose to the portal after this season. As you said, Mo State has faired well against P4 teams in recent years with the exception being a double digit loss to Kansas in Coach Beard’s first game as coach. I expect the Bears to keep it within 2 scores. If we can retain our QB and most key players from this year, it think the Bears will give them a game and make it interesting.

I think it depends on how many quality guys we lose to the portal after this season. As you said, Mo State has faired well against P4 teams in recent years with the exception being a double digit loss to Kansas in Coach Beard’s first game as coach. I expect the Bears to keep it within 2 scores. If we can retain our QB and most key players from this year, it think the Bears will give them a game and make it interesting.

They just don't compete well against the Dakota schools:

NDSU 10-38 L
SDSU 17-35 L

SDSU 14-28 L
ND 31-48 L
SD 13-20 L

NDSU 20-27 L
ND 32-28 W

The most MO State football thing ever would be to win enough games where they would have made the playoffs.

The most MO State football thing ever would be to win enough games where they would have made the playoffs.
The most Mo State thing that could happen is to have made the playoffs, earn a #1 and then lose in the first round to the lowest seeded team on a miracle field goal or Hail Mary. I’ll take winning and hopefully starting to change the program even if we are ineligible for FCS playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT