ADVERTISEMENT

Missouri Schools

I don't care what you think because you have a proven track record on this board of having zero insight or awareness and I have no issue with you ignoring my post's. Actually I welcome it whole heartedly so Please do so at your discretion. It matters not to me.
YOu're the dude that thinks he knows everything. You're an orderly.

YOu're the dude that thinks he knows everything. You're an orderly.

I guess you think I know everything because I continue to research and broaden my knowledge as opposed to licking up the Cultish ideas and propaganda spewed by your chosen leaders.

I've explained my duties in the past how you came up with Orderly is mind blowing this ain't Terminator 2 and the idea that I'm a Orderly really exposes your lack of geometric analysis. You don't have to have college degree's to do that job if that job even exist...maybe in state hospitals. Never worked in one. Might look it up and do some research on it though.

Sorry Toots no bedpans either that is RN work.... or CNA which we don't have because we don't do Medical care on psych units.

I do find your attempts to some how diminish me with immature and juvenile comments very satisfying. It obviously means you have no logical or rational responses so your only recourse is to lash out like a addle minded beast.

It also amazes me that Educators people who work with children so brazenly exhibit this type of behavior on a Public Forum when you could just as easily be respectful and engage in civil debates? As I have pointed out before this type of behavior represents a psychological need to diminish others in a effort to elevate ones own worth and esteem and to try and exert a feeling of control.

The behavior you exhibit is very unprofessional and Viewable by the Public and you wonder why the Local Citizens across the nation now have minimal trust and declining respect for the Teaching profession and desire to exert control of the classroom.

I know that most or at least I hope most educators are not like you two and find great pleasure in engaging in uncivil discourse and unappealing communication when presented with data, logic and opposing view points.

But hey it's America you Guys be you it's rather entertaining to see grown men still act like adolescents.

• Haha
Reactions: Veer2Eternity
I guess you think I know everything because I continue to research and broaden my knowledge as opposed to licking up the Cultish ideas and propaganda spewed by your chosen leaders.

I've explained my duties in the past how you came up with Orderly is mind blowing this ain't Terminator 2 and the idea that I'm a Orderly really exposes your lack of geometric analysis. You don't have to have college degree's to do that job if that job even exist...maybe in state hospitals. Never worked in one. Might look it up and do some research on it though.

Sorry Toots no bedpans either that is RN work.... or CNA which we don't have because we don't do Medical care on psych units.

I do find your attempts to some how diminish me with immature and juvenile comments very satisfying. It obviously means you have no logical or rational responses so your only recourse is to lash out like a addle minded beast.

It also amazes me that Educators people who work with children so brazenly exhibit this type of behavior on a Public Forum when you could just as easily be respectful and engage in civil debates? As I have pointed out before this type of behavior represents a psychological need to diminish others in a effort to elevate ones own worth and esteem and to try and exert a feeling of control.

The behavior you exhibit is very unprofessional and Viewable by the Public and you wonder why the Local Citizens across the nation now have minimal trust and declining respect for the Teaching profession and desire to exert control of the classroom.

I know that most or at least I hope most educators are not like you two and find great pleasure in engaging in uncivil discourse and unappealing communication when presented with data, logic and opposing view points.

But hey it's America you Guys be you it's rather entertaining to see grown men still act like adolescents.
You don't "lick up cultish ideas." Really !!!

City Alderman, Mayor/Manager over LEO, and all other Services provided by public entities. Trash, Health Dept., Public works... water, utilities, power, Cable/internet etc.

Come on surely you know how this works. All those people are elected or appointed by elected people and they oversee and make decisions about the careers of people who work in the public sector! That is how govt works and the School system is a extension of the public govt. Public schools are not private schools at all and the Public dang well has the right to impose it's will upon teachers as their tax dollars foot the bill, not taxation without representation.

Why are teachers special in your view point and shouldn't have oversite. I suspect that most People elected to school boards are College educated or been to college and have more than a rudimentary knowledge of how education works. And often as you know school boards are very influenced by the Administrators who they work with to a large degree.

I hate to step into this word-brawl, but people were mentioning school boards and I had an interesting little anecdote that I thought might be pertinent. I've known school board members who have told me that they were once outvoted on adopting a textbook simply because the majority of the board thought that one other particular textbook was "more attractive." Nothing to do with the content or anything other than it being prettier. I would hope that this isn't they norm, but based on other conversations with people who have served on school boards in other locations, it's more normal than you would think.

I hate to step into this word-brawl, but people were mentioning school boards and I had an interesting little anecdote that I thought might be pertinent. I've known school board members who have told me that they were once outvoted on adopting a textbook simply because the majority of the board thought that one other particular textbook was "more attractive." Nothing to do with the content or anything other than it being prettier. I would hope that this isn't they norm, but based on other conversations with people who have served on school boards in other locations, it's more normal than you would think.
Boards are full of wannabe head coaches, and helicopter parents only there to make sure junior gets to be valedictorian or starter on the team.
Many have never set foot on a college campus. Why the board above is adopting a textbook, over what I presume was the teachers' and administrators' suggestion is beyond me, but it happens all the time.
I know places where schools have actually given students diplomas that they didn't earn because of a board member pushing it through. The board tried to get rid of the teacher who pushed back against it. The board member had a son-in-law on the board and another rented their house from the first member. They had 3 votes to do whatever they wanted, all they had to do was convince one other to listen to them. That teacher had tenure or they would be out of a job. That is not an isolated incident, unfortunately.

Boards are full of wannabe head coaches, and helicopter parents only there to make sure junior gets to be valedictorian or starter on the team.
Many have never set foot on a college campus. Why the board above is adopting a textbook, over what I presume was the teachers' and administrators' suggestion is beyond me, but it happens all the time.
I know places where schools have actually given students diplomas that they didn't earn because of a board member pushing it through. The board tried to get rid of the teacher who pushed back against it. The board member had a son-in-law on the board and another rented their house from the first member. They had 3 votes to do whatever they wanted, all they had to do was convince one other to listen to them. That teacher had tenure or they would be out of a job. That is not an isolated incident, unfortunately.

That is exactly the case. It was the option they were given that they specifically chose NOT to recommend.

That is exactly the case. It was the option they were given that they specifically chose NOT to recommend.
I bet it was the teacher's fault if the kids didn't do well on the EOC's or MAP tests in English.

People might think you're really smart if 90% of you posts weren't a 1000 words. You know they say people try to make up for their deficiencies by saying MUCH more than they need to on nearly every subject.

People might think you're really smart if 90% of you posts weren't a 1000 words. You know they say people try to make up for their deficiencies by saying MUCH more than they need to on nearly every subject.
You seem to fixate on the idea that I give two cents about people thinking I'm smart! I've stated over and over I"m a man of average intellect, but capable of doing a bit of research to try and view both sides of the topic.

You seem to fixate on the idea that I give two cents about people thinking I'm smart! I've stated over and over I"m a man of average intellect, but capable of doing a bit of research to try and view both sides of the topic.
That doesn't mean you have to post a whole page of crap to make your point. It doesn't matter if you're of average intellect or way above, you ramble on and on.

That doesn't mean you have to post a whole page of crap to make your point. It doesn't matter if you're of average intellect or way above, you ramble on and on.
Don't read the information then.... nobody is forcing you to read it. Why are you such a Authoritarian minded person who has a desire to try and force everyone into the same box.... and if they do not then you have a need to nit pick about things that appear to irate you and make some rude comment?

It's simple just ignore the long post and dismiss the opinion and data. It's not really that hard to do.

• Haha
Reactions: Veer2Eternity
Kickbacks from textbook publishers occur as well. Some years ago in the district in which I taught, textbooks were adopted in several subject matters from the same company. I served on a textbook committee that voted unanimously for another book to be adopted. We later found out that every committee had voted for a different textbook than the one that was adopted.

Reactions: Expect2Win
Don't read the information then.... nobody is forcing you to read it. Why are you such a Authoritarian minded person who has a desire to try and force everyone into the same box.... and if they do not then you have a need to nit pick about things that appear to irate you and make some rude comment?

It's simple just ignore the long post and dismiss the opinion and data. It's not really that hard to do.
It appears I ain't the only that thinks you use a lot of words to appear smarter than anyone else on here. Smart people can make their point with much less blabber included. If you don't like what I say then YOU don't have to read it.

I don't dislike what you say if I did I wouldn't read your comments and respond. I disagree with what you say and then point out the obvious reasons why your view point appears flawed.

I'm not surprised that a few others think that as well most of you fit the same axis and even post and respond in a similar manner. Cutting comments, minimal data or facts, quick twitter comments posted to seemingly bolster a point. It's weak sauce in civil discourse. I understand the underlying reason as well simple gate keeping.... attack enough with a mob to quite and discredit a opposing opinion that might challenge a house of cards belief system.

It is really sad. I never dreamed we would lose our way this much.
Our way was lost when we took the Ten Commandments out of schools, stopped saying the national anthem and started allowing boys to call themselves girls. The liberal views on education is everything that is wrong with our country. That will be the demise of our country, the grooming that takes place in our own public school system. It is no wonder there is a private school push. The public school system is a wreck and many parents are choosing to look for alternative education outlets because of the things being taught and accepted by our public schools.

Our way was lost when we took the Ten Commandments out of schools, stopped saying the national anthem and started allowing boys to call themselves girls. The liberal views on education is everything that is wrong with our country. That will be the demise of our country, the grooming that takes place in our own public school system. It is no wonder there is a private school push. The public school system is a wreck and many parents are choosing to look for alternative education outlets because of the things being taught and accepted by our public schools.

I get so tired of this same ol' right wing conservative response on education, with the bible in one hand and waving the flag with the other hand, as if that will add more credence to their opinion. TigerFalcon, let me set you straight on the flaws in your response.

The #1 problem in our school systems is not an "educational" problem, it is a "societal" problem. The root of the problem begins at home - lack of parenting, the demise of the two parent household, the increase of young single mothers unable and unwilling to be a good parent with the father totally absent, families stuck in generational poverty and illiteracy. These parents have little or no involvement in their children's education. We have too many children without daily adult supervision at home, and become teenagers running the streets. Then they send these kids to school and expect the teachers to solve all the problems. When they can't, it's "our failing school system's" fault!!!

#2 You cannot lump all public schools together. Our failing schools in Missouri are in the inner cities of St Louis and KC, and the poorest counties in the bootheel. It's the same trend across America. You cannot compare Farmington High School, a high performing school, to Normandy High School, who teters on the edge of certification. The vast majority of small town and suburban public schools are doing a fantastic job of educating our kids, as well as the city public schools in middle class areas. My local small town high school wins distinguished performance awards. I am confident that every public school in every surrounding county from where I live offers a quality high school education.

#3 The US Constitution mandates the separation of church and state. Most teachers are trained to avoid imposing their personal beliefs in this age of someone always looking for a lawsuit. And remember, not everyone believes in the same God as you do. However, voluntary religious after school groups like The Fellowship of Christian Athletes are legal and becoming more popular. And some coaches still may have an illegal pregame prayer, knowing full well that no one on the team or any parents will have a problem with it. I was surprised on the latest court ruling allowing a coach to lead a prayer.

#4 The Missouri legislature did pass that reciting the Pledge of Allegiance is a daily morning requirement in all MO public schools. No one is forced to stand or recite the pledge. I don't remember ever saying the national anthem at school, maybe occasionally at an assembly, but it is still played at most varsity games everywhere. Many bigger public schools also have ROTCs.

#5 I am always curious to what exactly is the liberal view on education. Do you want to ignore the constitution on separation of church and state by allowing school prayer, or disregard the part about equal rights for all by not allowing gays and transgenders? Remember, your right wing conservatives are the flag wavers and by God straight down the line constitutionalists!! Schools have to follow the laws of this country. And I find it laughable about the "grooming" that teachers are supposedly doing. In 25 years of teaching, I never once witnessed a teacher trying to impose their political beliefs on students. I was asked about my opinions - some I would answer, some I wouldn't - but not because I was grooming. Most teachers are very careful what they say to students about politics and religion.

Last edited:
I don't think anybody did that, schools were being sued for indoctrination into religion, which is not what schooling is for, it is teaching reading writing and Math, Learning the 10 commandments should be taught in church.

The Ten Commandments were clearly placed in public schools to promote religion, and that violates the First Amendment of the Constitution of making no law respecting an establishment of a religion, Schools best respect religious freedom when they allow students to express their religious beliefs, but refrain from expressing religious opinions of their own.

Reactions: HomeyR
These economic royalists complain that we seek to overthrow the institutions of America. What they really complain of is that we seek to take away their power. Our allegiance to American institutions requires the overthrow of this kind of power. In vain they seek to hide behind the Flag and the Constitution. In their blindness they forget what the Flag and the Constitution stand for. Now, as always, they stand for democracy, not tyranny; for freedom, not subjection; and against a dictatorship by mob rule and the over-privileged alike.

I get so tired of this same ol' right wing conservative response on education, with the bible in one hand and waving the flag with the other hand, as if that will add more credence to their opinion. TigerFalcon, let me set you straight on the flaws in your response.

The #1 problem in our school systems is not an "educational" problem, it is a "societal" problem. The root of the problem begins at home - lack of parenting, the demise of the two parent household, the increase of young single mothers unable and unwilling to be a good parent with the father totally absent, families stuck in generational poverty and illiteracy. These parents have little or no involvement in their children's education. We have too many children without daily adult supervision at home, and become teenagers running the streets. Then they send these kids to school and expect the teachers to solve all the problems. When they can't, it's "our failing school system's" fault!!!

#2 You cannot lump all public schools together. Our failing schools in Missouri are in the inner cities of St Louis and KC, and the poorest counties in the bootheel. It's the same trend across America. You cannot compare Farmington High School, a high performing school, to Normandy High School, who teters on the edge of certification. The vast majority of small town and suburban public schools are doing a fantastic job of educating our kids, as well as the city public schools in middle class areas. My local small town high school wins distinguished performance awards. I am confident that every public school in every surrounding county from where I live offers a quality high school education.

#3 The US Constitution mandates the separation of church and state. Most teachers are trained to avoid imposing their personal beliefs in this age of someone always looking for a lawsuit. And remember, not everyone believes in the same God as you do. However, voluntary religious after school groups like The Fellowship of Christian Athletes are legal and becoming more popular. And some coaches still may have an illegal pregame prayer, knowing full well that no one on the team or any parents will have a problem with it. I was surprised on the latest court ruling allowing a coach to lead a prayer.

#4 The Missouri legislature did pass that reciting the Pledge of Allegiance is a daily morning requirement in all MO public schools. No one is forced to stand or recite the pledge. I don't remember ever saying the national anthem at school, maybe occasionally at an assembly, but it is still played at most varsity games everywhere. Many bigger public schools also have ROTCs.

#5 I am always curious to what exactly is the liberal view on education. Do you want to ignore the constitution on separation of church and state by allowing school prayer, or disregard the part about equal rights for all by not allowing gays and transgenders? Remember, your right wing conservatives are the flag wavers and by God straight down the line constitutionalists!! Schools have to follow the laws of this country. And I find it laughable about the "grooming" that teachers are supposedly doing. In 25 years of teaching, I never once witnessed a teacher trying to impose their political beliefs on students. I was asked about my opinions - some I would answer, some I wouldn't - but not because I was grooming. Most teachers are very careful what they say to students about politics and religion.
I 99% agree with this.... I do think that across the nation in some Blue Area's that issues are arising and teachers are becoming bolder about trying to push their view points. To many parents are reporting this happening for it not to be. Do I think it's prevalent in Missouri or other Rural area's? No not at all.

Do you not think that this happens in other classrooms?

I think you and others are underestimating the newer breed of activist teachers. Once again I'm not saying it's the Norm but it happens. And clearly the public and parents are upset about it. I do feel for teachers who are dedicated and doing the right thing who get caught up in the wash. But that happens in all professions.

Last edited:
I don't ever consider California and New York on the same planet as the rest of us when it comes to politics!!

Reactions: HomeyR
You know, I’ve been to both of those states and Texas and Tennessee and Florida and North Carolina many, many times. And all of those states are filled with Americans who work hard, love their families, and do the right things. I have encountered far more kind people than a-holes. But they all also have issues. Although North Carolina is almost perfect for me and my family.

Corporate and political America just loves to divide and conquer us so they can continue their assault. Russia and China loves throwing gas on the fire as we hate on each other.

Think about it. When we were kids, there was no such thing as a red state or a blue state. Those terms were never used. They also love class warfare, religious strife, rural vs urban, and racial conflict. Social media has made it a cake walk with bots putting the torch to the entire country.

Teachers indoctrinating kids is not a nation wide issue. If an isolated incident somewhere 1,000 miles away occurs it doesn’t affect 99.9% of the country and is not worthy of a meltdown.

I don't dislike what you say if I did I wouldn't read your comments and respond. I disagree with what you say and then point out the obvious reasons why your view point appears flawed.

I'm not surprised that a few others think that as well most of you fit the same axis and even post and respond in a similar manner. Cutting comments, minimal data or facts, quick twitter comments posted to seemingly bolster a point. It's weak sauce in civil discourse. I understand the underlying reason as well simple gate keeping.... attack enough with a mob to quite and discredit a opposing opinion that might challenge a house of cards belief system.
You know, I’ve been to both of those states and Texas and Tennessee and Florida and North Carolina many, many times. And all of those states are filled with Americans who work hard, love their families, and do the right things. I have encountered far more kind people than a-holes. But they all also have issues. Although North Carolina is almost perfect for me and my family.

Corporate and political America just loves to divide and conquer us so they can continue their assault. Russia and China loves throwing gas on the fire as we hate on each other.

Think about it. When we were kids, there was no such thing as a red state or a blue state. Those terms were never used. They also love class warfare, religious strife, rural vs urban, and racial conflict. Social media has made it a cake walk with bots putting the torch to the entire country.

Teachers indoctrinating kids is not a nation wide issue. If an isolated incident somewhere 1,000 miles away occurs it doesn’t affect 99.9% of the country and is not worthy of a meltdown.
I saw a story yesterday where a teacher that teaches some kind of class that is not reading or math or the normal kind of class. She said she has always had lots of books of various kinds for her kids to read when they finish their regular work. She has now removed every book from her class for fear of being charged with a felony if a kid reads them. She just wanted these kids to learn reading is fun and good for them but now when they finish their regular work they have nothing to read on the side.

Reactions: Expect2Win
The nonsense has spread across the country. Triggered to hate a nonexistent problem.

I don't ever consider California and New York on the same planet as the rest of us when it comes to politics!!
I agree but those idea's tend to set in and become normalized if there is no resistance or counter points.

Class warfare is what they love to delve in.... and they use racism as cover.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT