ADVERTISEMENT

Mighty Webb gets beat.

Pretty even teams ...Webb had some pretty bad breaks . Fumble on first and goal from the 1 that turned into a touchback then 80 yd TD drive to go up 14-0 was huge for pc . Sack with a few seconds left in the first half that Webb had a facemask on put pc in fg position and they nailed a 38 yd fg to end the half . Roughing the passer on an incomplete pass on 4th and 14 that gave pc a first and goal on their game winning td. Game could have went either way ...that being said ...PC lead all but about 3 min of this game and shut Webb down in the second half like I haven't seen since Ladue a few years ago . Sure seemed like PC outplayed them but Webb made enough big plays to keep it close and potentially win . PC defense was very impressive. Congrats to PC . Idk what all Webb brings back next year but they will lose a whole bunch of really good players but that's not unusual for a team that's been in the semifinals 19times in 24 years
Yep twice as many first downs, more yards and more points is pretty much "outplaying" someone. Admission is the first step in getting through denial.

This was a great game to watch period. Two good teams one loser hard sometimes been there.

They may move back down to 5 but likely to stay 6 watch NIXA next season in your league. That HC is going to create a monster there if he sticks around long term.
Nixa will more than likely return to class 5 next year with the return of the Hazelwood schools (spring season) bumping them down

I wouldn’t say Webb laid an egg as much as they just got beat. According to a few of my insider friends, they said this group of kids was WAY overconfident going into this game. Partly because of the way things have gone in their favor in recent games but also they had a hard time seeing this team as different than the group they easily dismantled last year. Everyone has been talking Webb/Jackson since week 1.

To me it just looked like the usual high talent kids making the usual big plays, but the nuts and bolts of the team was on cruise control as if the game was already won. So some of those things like an interception here or a timely penalty call there which normally break the back of opponents didn’t really do that in this game.

Kudos to PC for going into one of the most difficult places to win in all of Missouri and getting it done. It will certainly be a great memory for those kids and fans.

Not that it makes a difference now but TV replay showed that in winning TD for PC receiver only had one foot in. Tough call but clearly missed on replay.
giphy.gif

Any chance Webb gets bumped back to class 4 with all schools playing next year?

Nixa is growing pretty quickly and will probably jump over several Class 6 schools. Think Park Hill area a few years back. In a few years they will probably be a mid sized Class 6.
The secret about Springfield-Branson got out..............when my Dad grew up there it was just hills. Got a new pair of black shoes every summer after walking in fresh, hot asphalt on US 160.

Pretty much roughing the passer and roughing the kicker are the only automatics.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT