ADVERTISEMENT

MICDS at Hillsboro Score?

MICDS was given the option earlier Friday morning to simply move the game to Saturday Evening, so weather would not be an issue. They wanted to play tonight. When the game was delayed they were told again that we had officials for Saturday to finish the game. Hillsboro Coaches and administration were told that they would have starters not available to play Saturday. Not much else to it.

MICDS was given the option earlier Friday morning to simply move the game to Saturday Evening, so weather would not be an issue. They wanted to play tonight. When the game was delayed they were told again that we had officials for Saturday to finish the game. Hillsboro Coaches and administration were told that they would have starters not available to play Saturday. Not much else to it.
Tough $h!t. If you can’t finish the game because you have a chess tournament or a date on Saturday then you can forfeit.

Not a good look for Bouchard

So what happened? Was the game stopped? Who was winning and what was the score? Did they finish?

Update:

From Hillsboro Social Media

Hillsboro Hawks vs MICDS Rams game was suspended on Friday, 8/30 with 5:50, left in the 3rd Qtr, due to weather. Due to continued lightning the game could not be resumed in an appropriate amount of time for a Friday continuance. Hillsboro had officials confirmed for Saturday to continue the game or schedule to resume play at a later date to TBD. MICDS was not willing to play Saturday "due to missing players." Per MSHSAA bylaws both teams have to agree to mutually terminate the game with the existing score as final. Hillsboro nor MICDS agreed to terminate the game with existing score as final. The game has not been confirmed final and is still an ongoing situation.

Update:

From Hillsboro Social Media

Hillsboro Hawks vs MICDS Rams game was suspended on Friday, 8/30 with 5:50, left in the 3rd Qtr, due to weather. Due to continued lightning the game could not be resumed in an appropriate amount of time for a Friday continuance. Hillsboro had officials confirmed for Saturday to continue the game or schedule to resume play at a later date to TBD. MICDS was not willing to play Saturday "due to missing players." Per MSHSAA bylaws both teams have to agree to mutually terminate the game with the existing score as final. Hillsboro nor MICDS agreed to terminate the game with existing score as final. The game has not been confirmed final and is still an ongoing situation.

Here’s what’s going on or my best guess: MICDS parents had a big Labor Day getaway planned and won’t cancel or alter their plans hence the “missing players” for Saturday

Reactions: footballaholic16
Here’s what’s going on or my best guess: MICDS parents had a big Labor Day getaway planned and won’t cancel or alter their plans hence the “missing players” for Saturday
I would say the same thing. However, don’t see how that’s the other teams problem. You either play or forfeit. At the very least call it a wash and the game just never happened but I’m leaning towards the first.

I would say the same thing. However, don’t see how that’s the other teams problem. You either play or forfeit. At the very least call it a wash and the game just never happened but I’m leaning towards the first.
Oh I agree. I said the same thing earlier in this post or in another post about this. You either play with who you’ve got, or forfeit. Period. Bouchard has been around too long for BS like this.

The alternative is they just drag it out and never finish the game and then leave it up to MSHSAA to decide which is BS

Reactions: Treadmill
Oh I agree. I said the same thing earlier in this post or in another post about this. You either play with who you’ve got, or forfeit. Period. Bouchard has been around too long for BS like this.

The alternative is they just drag it out and never finish the game and then leave it up to MSHSAA to decide which is BS
I agree entirely. I’m sure coaching at a school that costs ALOT of money to attend has something to do with it. He probably doesn’t want to piss off the parents at a place like that.

This makes no sense, MICDS would have to play without those injured players if the game resumed that night so what's the damn difference

This makes no sense, MICDS would have to play without those injured players if the game resumed that night so what's the damn difference
No one said anything about injured players, they said players unavailable. Some players may have had college visits planned. Whatever the reason, MICDS signed a contract for Friday and isn't in the wrong for not agreeing to play Sat night, nor should they be forced to play Sat or forfeit.

Win for MICDS, Hillsboro can only blame themselves for being behind when play was suspended. Suck it up and move on.

• Haha
No one said anything about injured players, they said players unavailable. Some players may have had college visits planned. Whatever the reason, MICDS signed a contract for Friday and isn't in the wrong for not agreeing to play Sat night, nor should they be forced to play Sat or forfeit.

Win for MICDS, Hillsboro can only blame themselves for being behind when play was suspended. Suck it up and move on.

But that’s not the way MSHSAA by laws read. The game could have continued and should have but MICDS chose not to. Both coaches must come to an agreement in order for it to be considered final according the the handbook and clearly that was not the case.

MSHSAA Football Manual (page 11 section H part J)

“HANDLING CONTESTS DURING HAZARDOUS WEATHER CONDITIONS - SEE SECTION 1.F for REFERENCE
Note: Games interrupted because of events beyond the control of the responsible administrative authority shall be continued from the point of interruption, unless the teams mutually agree to terminate the game with existing score

MSHSAA Football Manual (page 9 Section E part 14)

“Forfeited Games: Are defined as those games scheduled and never contested, games started but not concluded because one team refuses to complete the contest or when a team uses an ineligible player”

This is honestly the best way to go about it. Can't say Hillsboro lost because there was still a quarter and nearly a half left in what was only a one score ballgame. You can't say MICDS lost when they were ahead at the suspension of the game, can't always expect everyone to make up the game either. I remember back in I think 2003 Poplar Bluff played a quarter and a half at one of the Francis Howells (think it was North) lighting struck in quarter 2 with the Mules holding a 14-0 lead. Storms all night meant the game couldn't just simply be postponed and with that drive from Bluff to St. Charles AND with an unexpected weather postponement it would have been unrealistic to expect PB to find a hotel to stay at to play the next day or take the trip back up so the game was called scratch.

This is honestly the best way to go about it. Can't say Hillsboro lost because there was still a quarter and nearly a half left in what was only a one score ballgame. You can't say MICDS lost when they were ahead at the suspension of the game, can't always expect everyone to make up the game either. I remember back in I think 2003 Poplar Bluff played a quarter and a half at one of the Francis Howells (think it was North) lighting struck in quarter 2 with the Mules holding a 14-0 lead. Storms all night meant the game couldn't just simply be postponed and with that drive from Bluff to St. Charles AND with an unexpected weather postponement it would have been unrealistic to expect PB to find a hotel to stay at to play the next day or take the trip back up so the game was called scratch.
Agreed

“shouldn’t be forced to play on Saturday”

Might as well say “MICDS shouldn’t be forced to finish what they started” gtfoh

You don't know how to read rulebooks do you? MICDS has no choice they either finish or forfeit

So if the storms would have hit earlier Friday Night and the game never started. You would have simply been ok with MICDs forfeiting and not playing at all on Saturday. Got It!

MSHSAA Football Manual (page 11 section H part J)

“HANDLING CONTESTS DURING HAZARDOUS WEATHER CONDITIONS - SEE SECTION 1.F for REFERENCE
Note: Games interrupted because of events beyond the control of the responsible administrative authority shall be continued from the point of interruption, unless the teams mutually agree to terminate the game with existing score

MSHSAA Football Manual (page 9 Section E part 14)

“Forfeited Games: Are defined as those games scheduled and never contested, games started but not concluded because one team refuses to complete the contest or when a team uses an ineligible player”
Pretty clear. MICDS has to complete the game or take the forfeit loss. Time to man up.

I agree entirely. I’m sure coaching at a school that costs ALOT of money to attend has something to do with it. He probably doesn’t want to piss off the parents at a place like that.
Facts. Fred isn’t running the show there. He’s just collecting a check and producing really good football.

Agree no harm in throwing it out
Well sure, there might not be harm in it. But it sure sounds like, unless Hillsboro acquiesces, that won’t happen. Sounds like Thurston and William III will have to nut up or take the L. Kinda the way it should be too. At least that’s what the pesky rule book says.

Reactions: RawMeat_III
According to MSHSAA rules: Hillsboro 13 MICDS 0
According to MSHSAA: MICDS 21 Hillsboro 14

Which makes about as much sense as a sand and rubberband sandwich, but there you have it.
FWIW- Jeffco local newspaper reporting Hillsboro is listing the game as "Disputed" and is still pushing MSHSAA to call it a "No Contest". Also saying the Hawks will refuse to honor their agreement to go to MICDS for week 1 next year due to the Rams refusal to finish the game this year.

FWIW- Jeffco local newspaper reporting Hillsboro is listing the game as "Disputed" and is still pushing MSHSAA to call it a "No Contest". Also saying the Hawks will refuse to honor their agreement to go to MICDS for week 1 next year due to the Rams refusal to finish the game this year.
Not going to lie... I completely agree with them. I have never in all the years of being around heard of a team not wanting to finish a game that wasn't just mutually agreed upon. Ending a game early has always been agreed upon due to circumstances such as (a blow out, unreasonable travel time to come back the next day, or continued bad weather that has made it impossible). Kids and coaches of all teams work to dang hard during the off season and pre season to have a team pull something like that. Ultimately its about the kids and the work they have put in and in the future I would hope schools and coaches recognize that.

EDIT** This obviously applies to games that were already underway. I am sure we can all think of several examples were teams just agreed not to play a scheduled game period due to various factors.

Last edited:
Not going to lie... I completely agree with them. I have never in all the years of being around heard of a team not wanting to finish a game that wasn't just mutually agreed upon. Ending a game early has always been agreed upon due to circumstances such as (a blow out, unreasonable travel time to come back the next day, or continued bad weather that has made it impossible). Kids and coaches of all teams work to dang hard during the off season and pre season to have a team pull something like that. Ultimately its about the kids and the work they have put in and in the future I would hope schools and coaches recognize that.
I think Hillsboro acting like morons on social media isn’t helping either. I don’t really care either way, but I doubt the admin for MICDS is too upset over the week 1 next year. FWIW it should be a no contest.

How dare the private schools to break the MSHSAA By-Laws for their own set of rules! Private schools will be doing their own thing from here on out.

I can’t agree with the “We won’t play you next year” stance. Honor your contract, just as you expect MSHSAA and MICDS to honor the state guidelines regarding inclimate weather and forfeiture.

The MSHSAA rule, like it or not, is clear regarding this scenario. I don’t think Hillsboro is out of line in expecting MSHSAA to actually follow what their own rules are.

I don’t even remotely have a horse in this race, but MSHSAA’s failure to back their own rulebook shows their typical spineless cowardice.

I can’t agree with the “We won’t play you next year” stance. Honor your contract, just as you expect MSHSAA and MICDS to honor the state guidelines regarding inclimate weather and forfeiture.

The MSHSAA rule, like it or not, is clear regarding this scenario. I don’t think Hillsboro is out of line in expecting MSHSAA to actually follow what their own rules are.

I don’t even remotely have a horse in this race, but MSHSAA’s failure to back their own rulebook shows their typical spineless cowardice.
MSHSAA is only spineless when it comes to taking on MICDS and high-priced privates. Does anyone think if Paris or Slater refused to play the next day that they would be gifted a win? 😂

Reactions: 65TPT

I believe they are saying, If they do not finish, they will not play next year is the way I take it. IMO it is Bush League NOT to finish the game..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT