ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like the small STL super teams need opponents

I guess none of the Class 5 and 6 teams have the stomach to play them?

Maybe they want to play other class 5 and 6 schools. Based on the points system it doesn’t do them any good to schedule down in class.

And those class 5 and 6 schools are probably in a conference and have their schedule set.

Cardinal Ritter should be starting in their new conference next season. I would think their schedule should be getting set.

Cardinal Ritter should be starting in their new conference next season. I would think their schedule should be getting set.

The CR coach tweeted they need games week 1,2,4,8,9. I would say they already have their conference set if 5 team conference.

Go on down to Dallas/Fort Worth... I suggest Duncanville, Allen, Southlake Carroll, Denton Guyer, and Euless Trinity. Have fun !!! ;)

Other than the top 3 those will be good matchups. But yea all of the Private schools or elite STL schools usually play a couple of out of state games a year vs schools with other top prospects and great players.

Gives you a chance to play against other players who will be playing big time college football as well.

Other than the top 3 those will be good matchups. But yea all of the Private schools or elite STL schools usually play a couple of out of state games a year vs schools with other top prospects and great players.

Gives you a chance to play against other players who will be playing big time college football as well.

Great go do that.

Go on down to Dallas/Fort Worth... I suggest Duncanville, Allen, Southlake Carroll, Denton Guyer, and Euless Trinity. Have fun !!! ;)
Or there is the Tulsa metro..............

you private schools really need to watch this get some humility

I am sure Jenks, Broken Arrow, Owasso, and some others would be happy to welcome them in, if they could find a place on the schedule

Trinity/Lutheran North/CBC/Ritter have shown the last couple of years that they have no problem going out of state and scheduling bigger schools to play. They are actually about .500 in those matchups as well. Only real lopsided one was Trinity vs Colquitt County who is better than everyone you just named by a long shot.

The CR coach tweeted they need games week 1,2,4,8,9. I would say they already have their conference set if 5 team conference.
Probably won't happen with the points system, but they should try and get Rock, Webb and Miege.

Ritter, Trinity, and Lutheran North should combine into Gateway Christian College Prep and play a prep school schedule. They can schedule Bishop Gorman instead of Bishop DuBourg.

Last edited:
Probably won't happen with the points system, but they should try and get Rock, Webb and Miege.
Looks like Cardinal Ritter possibly have East St Louis for week 2 next year.
is their anything to keep a team from scheduling a home and away and playing twice a year?? Would make it easier for independent schools to at least have a game on the schedule. Most other sports do it

is their anything to keep a team from scheduling a home and away and playing twice a year?? Would make it easier for independent schools to at least have a game on the schedule. Most other sports do it
You can schedule same team twice in a year Home/Away. I believe the tri rivers conference did this back in 2012 when Clark and Brookfield left for the CCC. Played home and away games with same team.

I didn't know that. I know one of the East St Louis coaches commented on the tweet and said week 2 is covered.

East St Louis is playing CBC week 1 and Desmet week 2 next year.

ESTL Ranked #1 all classes in Illinois this year and will be taking on Missouri #1/#2

It would not surprise me to see Adrian and Midway do this if Archie and Jasper go to 8 man next year.

I didn't know that. I know one of the East St Louis coaches commented on the tweet and said week 2 is covered.

Week 2 is when the East St Louis Classic is every year. So he's essentially saying that Ritter will be scheduled somewhere in the classic next year. The only game that I heard thats already finalized is ESTL vs Desmet which would of been great for this year actually over next year. Ranked #1 in MO and #1 in Illinois.

In addition ESTL and CBC will play Week 1 home and home 2020 and 2021.

Private schools in st. louis are going to have a real tough time finding games. In the new Suburban Conference realignment, the Conference controls your schedule weeks 2-9. The only game that you are free to schedule outside of the Suburban Conferences would be week 1. I think that is 32 or 33 public schools in the suburban St. Louis area.

Private schools in st. louis are going to have a real tough time finding games. In the new Suburban Conference realignment, the Conference controls your schedule weeks 2-9. The only game that you are free to schedule outside of the Suburban Conferences would be week 1. I think that is 32 or 33 public schools in the suburban St. Louis area.

Yep, it is really a short sighted plan that was put in by the suburban public schools. The intention was to punish private schools by refusing to scheduling them and making it difficult for them to schuedule opponents. All this is doing is pushing the good private school program to schedule more difficult opponents and more high exposure games. This ends up making the private schools more attractive to kids since they will be the ones playing in high profile games against better competition.

Reactions: BPcompete
I think these small privates will have a hard time filling schedules.

Schools their size wont play them because they dont want destroyed. Bigger schools wont schedule them because they dont want egg on their face if they get beat by a small school.

Also in reality these schools dont have the budgets to have a national type schedule.

I think these small privates will have a hard time filling schedules.

Schools their size wont play them because they dont want destroyed. Bigger schools wont schedule them because they dont want egg on their face if they get beat by a small school.

Also in reality these schools dont have the budgets to have a national type schedule.
And why don’t they just play each other every week and it’s problem solved???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT