ADVERTISEMENT

Lamar 35 - Valle Catholic 28 (FINAL)

What an awesome game between two elite small high school programs.

Valle had them beat, and I am tempted to say I think Valle was the better team.

Lamar just wore them down and I kinda think Valle abandoned the run a little too much.

Either way, congratulations to both teams. That was fun to watch.

Sir, I picked valle to win big.

I never in a million years thought valle would get beat 35-7 the last 3 quarters.

How does that happen?
Stop with the picking Valley crap, everyone knows the tired game you play every year. As far as crying 😢, you wrote the book on it this year with the MSHSAA posts, good sir. Valley got beat by the better team, I NEVER SAID Valley would win that game, nor did I think they would, all I was hoping for was a good game unlike the previous 2 meetings.

Sir, I picked valle to win big.

I never in a million years thought valle would get beat 35-7 the last 3 quarters.

How does that happen?
Appeared to me Lamar’s size advantage wore on Valle as time went on. Never an answer for that. Also, As the game progresses it gets easier to recognize an opponents schemes. Turnovers usually makes things like that happen also but not so much in this game. The game went on too long for Valle. But, I have a feeling you already know all of this and aren’t really looking to know what happened. 😁

What an awesome game between two elite small high school programs.

Valle had them beat, and I am tempted to say I think Valle was the better team.

Lamar just wore them down and I kinda think Valle abandoned the run a little too much.

Either way, congratulations to both teams. That was fun to watch.
They were that day for more of the game then not. That’s not debatable. But Lamar won in the end. That’s all I care about lol 😆

• Haha
Reactions: Taco Tico
Not to put it on one player, but if not for that illegal man down field on that QB throwback, valle wins.
Some one said that illegal man downfield was a 5 yard penalty and no loss of down? They marked off 10 yards and loss of down. I am not sure what is right. But V certainly had some inopportune penalties on that drive.

Congratulations to Lamar. I think their size was a big factor late in the game. Talked to several people at the hotel this morning. We lost but still had a successful season to be proud of. 60 other teams would have exchanged places with us. Class 2 again next year!
I was in the army with a Lamar grad but he was too old to be at the game:)

Some one said that illegal man downfield was a 5 yard penalty and no loss of down? They marked off 10 yards and loss of down. I am not sure what is right. But V certainly had some inopportune penalties on that drive.

Congratulations to Lamar. I think their size was a big factor late in the game. Talked to several people at the hotel this morning. We lost but still had a successful season to be proud of. 60 other teams would have exchanged places with us. Class 2 again next year!
Ineligible downfield is a 5yd and no loss of down 7-12
Illegal touching is 5 and loss of down 7-13

There were two penalties on the play. The illegal man downfield penalty was refused. The illegal double pass was accepted.

Reactions: Vallegrad2
There were two penalties on the play. The illegal man downfield penalty was refused. The illegal double pass was accepted.
I wonder why that play was in their playbook? I do have a question for the rules guys on that jet the QB tossed it making a it a forward pass......if he simply handed the ball in front is it still considered a pass? My understanding is that is a pass since the RB is in front of the QB no matter what. Which is why I wondered why that play is even in their playbook with it being a penalty.

I wonder why that play was in their playbook? I do have a question for the rules guys on that jet the QB tossed it making a it a forward pass......if he simply handed the ball in front is it still considered a pass? My understanding is that is a pass since the RB is in front of the QB no matter what. Which is why I wondered why that play is even in their playbook with it being a penalty.
No, it has to be a toss to be a pass; a true hand off in front of the QB is not a forward pass (despite what the MSHSAA broadcaster said)…

Think of all the outside zone reads from the shotgun (they all go down as rushing yards if/when the QB decides to give on the sweep)

I agree this was a great game. To address a couple of earlier posts, I disagree that Valle was the better team or that Lamar stole one. Those statements seems disrespectful toward Lamar to me. Lamar made the necessary adjustments, the conditions became a little less pass friendly as the game went on, and Lamar seemed to be better conditioned or just wanted it a little bit more late. It is seldom stated that the winning team stole one when they end up with 100 more total yards than the team they beat. Again, no disrespect to Valle. They have a great team. Congrats to both.

Reactions: Arcola
No, it has to be a toss to be a pass; a true hand off in front of the QB is not a forward pass (despite what the MSHSAA broadcaster said)…

Think of all the outside zone reads from the shotgun (they all go down as rushing yards if/when the QB decides to give on the sweep)
Thanks I’ve heard it both ways. I assumed run but have had others say anything in front is a forward pass. I think there was some changes just this last preseason about this specifically. In this situation the qb def tossed it up resulting in the penalty. I was just curious if the qb messed up by tossing it or if it’s just that confusing.

Disrespectful to Valle
301a239e-5507-4a40-8d88-a4ec4c726bf0_text.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT