ADVERTISEMENT

My Rants, My Thoughs about this 2023 Season and my wants for the 2024 Football Season

HBL Pirates fan_1990

Oct 18, 2017
Rants
1. If I heard one more thing about blowouts and changing up the playoff system because of blowouts you lost your mind. we have Blowouts from week 1 of the season to the Championship games every single season.

2. No more complaining about seating capacity at any high school field. After attending the Lutheran North game the Lutheran North school parking people, Vendors, and fans had the best hospitality at any high school football game i ever attended and North County, West Plains and Kearney comes next to the best hospitality i been too.

3. Kick Private Schools out for good after what CBC did Tonight. Unclassy and uncalled for. Private schools always complains and whined about anything to get there way sometimes!!!

Thoughs

1. Class 4 was weak this year and honestly Class 4 been weak except for Smithville and Kearney since Webb City and others left for Class 5.

2. Private School Success factor is kinda working out. Yes, We still have private schools in the playoffs but it has show in the past couple years if u move up a private school 1 or 2 classes it’s hard for them to Win a State Championship. 3 weeks ago we went from possibly 4 Private schools champions to only 1 State Champion and that was Ritter.

3. We went from having a so ridiculous last second touchdowns and field goals, to forfeits during the season, to a track meet game between Hannibal & Lutheran North , and to a Team that call it quit before the game was over…

My Wants for 2024 Season And Beyond

1. Go back to 5 Classes and 1 Private School Class, and bring in the Illionis/College football playoff system. Keep the state Championships on the first weekend in December

2. Make the Cut off for 8-man for 130 or under.

3. Bring a college bowl games type of series for the week before thanksgiving for the teams who didn’t make the playoffs at neutral sites, and the 28 teams who didn’t make it to the semifinals play at neutral sites on thanksgiving weekend for their bowl games. Only teams that won’t play on this bowl weekend is Webster groves and Kirkwood since they have the turkey day game. Dumb idea I know lol!!!

Last edited:
Smithville and Kearney are "weak"? Explain...................
I refrained my statement from earlier and Class 4 has been weak except for Kearney and Smithville.

With Webb City, Ladue, MICDS, Helias, Camdenton, Platte County and others left for Class 5 class 4 isn’t the same like it use to be

1. Go back to 5 Classes and 1 Private School Class, and bring in the Illionis/College football playoff system. Keep the state Championships on the first weekend in December
Illinois is looking to scrap their system and go to a Texas style district system

Reactions: thetophat2021
I don’t mind our play off system but I would change 3 things:
1. I think they should continue the point system throughout districts and reseed for the playoffs.

2. Go to 7 classes. 48 schools classes 2-6, 40 in class 1, class 7 is catch all. Or just even out the classes.

3. Keep but modify the championship factor. Reduce # of years from 6 to 4. Schools can be bumped up to 3 classes instead of 2. 3 point for 1 class, 5 for 2 and 7 for 3. Points will be calculated the same.

how is it there is not more uniformity between classes, size-wise? - also, bring back 1a, 2a, 3a, 4a, 5a, etc....the ol' timers haven't got the memo yet that mshsaa dropped the A years ago

• Haha
Reactions: _slo_mo_ and revno
I don’t mind our play off system but I would change 3 things:
1. I think they should continue the point system throughout districts and reseed for the playoffs.

2. Go to 7 classes. 48 schools classes 2-6, 40 in class 1, class 7 is catch all. Or just even out the classes.

3. Keep but modify the championship factor. Reduce # of years from 6 to 4. Schools can be bumped up to 3 classes instead of 2. 3 point for 1 class, 5 for 2 and 7 for 3. Points will be calculated the same.
My vote is #2 except for 6 Classes and 48 schools divided evenly, and use the Texas football playoff system. This is my 12th year watching high school football and I really didn’t know how the 4-team districts work out before they changed everything up.

My main issue for the playoff system is we have the best teams stacked up in same districts almost every single year. Honestly if we had a different playoff system I truly believe Kearney and Smithville would matchup in the state Championship game last Saturday. They’re been some years lately where Webb City and Carthage could of been in a state Championship against each other. a Family Member of mine that I take opinions from sometimes brings this up every year. Why do you want play some your conference teams in the districts when you already played them in the regular season? . I would rather change something up where you have less common regular season opponents in the districts or a different playoff system.

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
My vote is #2 except for 6 Classes and 48 schools divided evenly, and use the Texas football playoff system. This is my 12th year watching high school football and I really didn’t know how the 4-team districts work out before they changed everything up.

My main issue for the playoff system is we have the best teams stacked up in same districts almost every single year. Honestly if we had a different playoff system I truly believe Kearney and Smithville would matchup in the state Championship game last Saturday. They’re been some years lately where Webb City and Carthage could of been in a state Championship against each other. a Family Member of mine that I take opinions from sometimes brings this up every year. Why do you want play some your conference teams in the districts when you already played them in the regular season? . I would rather change something up where you have less common regular season opponents in the districts or a different playoff system.
why do we want to set a number per class?

Divide the total number of football schools by 6 and that's as 'fair' as it gets.

why do we want to set a number per class?

Divide the total number of football schools by 6 and that's as 'fair' as it gets.

Well which would be more fair. Evenly divided classes or classes divide by ratio? Even in class 1 I don’t believe it should be over 2. At least not for football anyway

Reactions: 3389
Well which would be more fair. Evenly divided classes or classes divide by ratio? Even in class 1 I don’t believe it should be over 2. At least not for football anyway
There are bad teams/programs all over the population map. Setting an arbitrary number isn't the answer.

What would the class 1 cutoff be if schools were evenly divided?

for the love of all that is holy can we please get 6 even classes. Want to talk about fair? Every school has a 1 in 50 shot of a state championship.
I don't understand why they have to make it complicated.

On second thought I get some of the agendas but that doesn't make it right.

I refrained my statement from earlier and Class 4 has been weak except for Kearney and Smithville.

With Webb City, Ladue, MICDS, Helias, Camdenton, Platte County and others left for Class 5 class 4 isn’t the same like it use to be

Class 5 has been weak at the top. See 2022, Kearney 39 and (#2 in Class 5) Fort Osage 17

Rants
1. If I heard one more thing about blowouts and changing up the playoff system because of blowouts you lost your mind. we have Blowouts from week 1 of the season to the Championship games every single season.

2. No more complaining about seating capacity at any high school field. After attending the Lutheran North game the Lutheran North school parking people, Vendors, and fans had the best hospitality at any high school football game i ever attended and North County, West Plains and Kearney comes next to the best hospitality i been too.

3. Kick Private Schools out for good after what CBC did Tonight. Unclassy and uncalled for. Private schools always complains and whined about anything to get there way sometimes!!!

Thoughs

1. Class 4 was weak this year and honestly Class 4 been weak except for Smithville and Kearney since Webb City and others left for Class 5.

2. Private School Success factor is kinda working out. Yes, We still have private schools in the playoffs but it has show in the past couple years if u move up a private school 1 or 2 classes it’s hard for them to Win a State Championship. 3 weeks ago we went from possibly 4 Private schools champions to only 1 State Champion and that was Ritter.

3. We went from having a so ridiculous last second touchdowns and field goals, to forfeits during the season, to a track meet game between Hannibal & Lutheran North , and to a Team that call it quit before the game was over…

My Wants for 2024 Season And Beyond

2. Make the Cut off for 8-man for 130 or under.

3. Bring a college bowl games type of series for the week before thanksgiving for the teams who didn’t make the playoffs at neutral sites, and the 28 teams who didn’t make it to the semifinals play at neutral sites on thanksgiving weekend for their bowl games. Only teams that won’t play on this bowl weekend is Webster groves and Kirkwood since they have the turkey day game. Dumb idea I know lol!!!
Rants 3. I said it before and I will say it again; suspend CBC from the 2024 playoffs. They are done when their regular season schedule has been completed. Set this discipline as MSHSAA policy for any future incident(s).

Rants 3. I said it before and I will say it again; suspend CBC from the 2024 playoffs. They are done when their regular season schedule has been completed. Set this discipline as MSHSAA policy for any future incident(s).
Amen. Quitting is anathema to all we are trying to teach in these contests.

Reactions: Bad Mo Mo
As long as our high caliber kids show Lamar the proper respect, that's all care about snowflake
Man you gonna derail this thread too. Are you gonna Joey every thread that isn't talking about valle?
so-salty-reaction-meme-r5amew9188x352km.gif

• Haha
Reactions: HomeyR
Man you gonna derail this thread too. Are you gonna Joey every thread that isn't talking about valle?
so-salty-reaction-meme-r5amew9188x352km.gif
That's rich coming from you, you turn every thread into a shot at Valley! I get it, I'm not invited to your west side reindeer games. I'll let you get back to crying 😢 about MSHSAA, have a great day Karen

• Haha
Reactions: Veer2Eternity
You can now see how Webb won so many titles in class 4 I guess.
There is some truth to that but also consider the team that has eliminated Webb the last 2 years (Republic) is a team Webb has been beating with ease for the last 20 years.

Doofus nobody asked for your terrible take.

Evenly split classes makes too much sense for MSHSAA.

i agree Spilt all classes evenly and make the playoffs more interesting. Also bring in the Texas Playoff system

Class 1 86-197 (50) Teams move down from C2
1.Adrian
2. Carrollton
3. Cole Camp
4. Diamond
5. East Buchanan- 197
6. Grandview (Hillsboro)
7. Highland
8. Malden
9. Mark Twain
10. Monroe City
11. Sarcoxie
12. Sherwood
13. South Callaway
14. South Shelby

Class 2 198-327 (50) Teams move down from C3
1.California
2.Centralia
3. Clever
4. Duchesne
5. Macon
6. Pembroke Hill
7. Ava or Borgia 327

Class 3 (51) 327-514 Move down from C4
1. Osage
2. Potosi 514

Class 4 (51) 517-857
Really no changes except for 2 schools move down a class and 3 schools move up a class?

Here’s the 1 Million dollar question, Where would Cardinal Ritter, St Mary’s and Helias end up in 4 or 5 since the Class 2 and 3 top of the enrollment rises?

Class 5 858- 1215 (51)
Jeff City, Holt and Grandview moved up to C5 while 8 Schools in C5 moves up to C6

Class 6 1232-1799 (50)
8 schools move up from class 5
1. Battle/Como Independent
2. Carthage 1232
3. Eureka
4. Fox
5. Francis Howell North
6. Liberty (Wentzville)
7. North Kansas City
8. Timberland

Yeah I always tell people that want the Illinois system that many in that state hate it. But no one ever listens. The grass always seems greener
I'm from Illinois and I disagree that "many in the state hate it." Most people I've seen talking about the districts proposal don't want it, especially because there's no drawn out plan for them.

i agree Spilt all classes evenly and make the playoffs more interesting. Also bring in the Texas Playoff system

Class 1 86-197 (50) Teams move down from C2
1.Adrian
2. Carrollton
3. Cole Camp
4. Diamond
5. East Buchanan- 197
6. Grandview (Hillsboro)
7. Highland
8. Malden
9. Mark Twain
10. Monroe City
11. Sarcoxie
12. Sherwood
13. South Callaway
14. South Shelby

Class 2 198-327 (50) Teams move down from C3
1.California
2.Centralia
3. Clever
4. Duchesne
5. Macon
6. Pembroke Hill
7. Ava or Borgia 327

Class 3 (51) 327-514 Move down from C4
1. Osage
2. Potosi 514

Class 4 (51) 517-857
Really no changes except for 2 schools move down a class and 3 schools move up a class?

Here’s the 1 Million dollar question, Where would Cardinal Ritter, St Mary’s and Helias end up in 4 or 5 since the Class 2 and 3 top of the enrollment rises?

Class 5 858- 1215 (51)
Jeff City, Holt and Grandview moved up to C5 while 8 Schools in C5 moves up to C6

Class 6 1232-1799 (50)
8 schools move up from class 5
1. Battle/Como Independent
2. Carthage 1232
3. Eureka
4. Fox
5. Francis Howell North
6. Liberty (Wentzville)
7. North Kansas City
8. Timberland

I redid the classes. The only difference I see for private schools is St Mary’s drops to class 4 and Duchesne drops to class 2

I also started the catch all with class 2 since that seems to be how Mshsaa works.

Other than that everything looks good. Great work

I'm from Illinois and I disagree that "many in the state hate it." Most people I've seen talking about the districts proposal don't want it, especially because there's no drawn out plan for them.
Thats fine. I disagree with your disagreement. I have a lot of family in and around Illinios. There are many who do not like it. It would not matter the system there is going to be a lot of disagreement. It is the way people work.

My change is to make 16 districts of 3 to 4 teams in Class 2 through 5. 8 districts of 4 to 5 teams in Class 1 and 6.

Week 10 - Districts
Week 11 - District Championships
Week 12 - Sectionals

It would ramp up interest and make every week more important.

My change is to make 16 districts of 3 to 4 teams in Class 2 through 5. 8 districts of 4 to 5 teams in Class 1 and 6.

Week 10 - Districts
Week 11 - District Championships
Week 12 - Sectionals

It would ramp up interest and make every week more important.
8 districts in class .5?

Heresy.

what is the reason for classes if class a has 30 teams, class b has 10 teams, class c has 500 teams , class g has 3 teams, etc?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT