ADVERTISEMENT

Just in time for Hunting Season!!!!

blindedbythelight

Jul 28, 2023
Supreme Court decides 6-3 that bump stocks do not convert a semi automatic weapon into a machine gun and are legal for citizens to own and use.

a

I was wondering, if the right to bear arms is given by God, do undocumented immigrants have a right to own guns?

Last edited:
Here’s a rhetorical question: what exactly do they do, then?
They let you pull the trigger quicker. Their point is that to fire the cartridge there must be a pull on the trigger each and every time the gun is fired as opposed to a machine gun which continues to cycle as long as the trigger is held back,

According to the ATF, they're not allowed to possess firearms.
I'm not sure the ATF carries much weight against the Constitution. The only restrictions in the document are in regards to voting and running for office as far as I recall.

They let you pull the trigger quicker. Their point is that to fire the cartridge there must be a pull on the trigger each and every time the gun is fired as opposed to a machine gun which continues to cycle as long as the trigger is held back,
Did I not say that it was a rhetorical question? (Hint: that, too, was a rhetorical question.)

The fact is, the U.S. Constitution protects our God-given rights from government. The government does not (as the phrase above implies) grant those rights to us as citizens. This is perhaps the most widely misunderstood aspect of our system of government.

The fact is, the U.S. Constitution protects our God-given rights from government. The government does not (as the phrase above implies) grant those rights to us as citizens. This is perhaps the most widely misunderstood aspect of our system of government.
How is owning a gun or weapon a God-given right? You asked the question if the Constitution overrides God, but nowhere in the Bible does it mention guns. I guess I'm trying to figure out where you're going with this?

I think people confuse God-given and God.

God - given rights are different than God? Does he not give us our rights?
Can a felon own a gun? These are man made laws. God didn't create these laws. God didn't create the Constitution. God gives you the right to free will, but that doesn't mean it's ok to murder.

So these laws can be changed by man? So exactly why does man have a right to own a gun? Why can't it be changed?

Lol it can be. Aren't people trying to constantly change gun laws? Has the Constitution ever been changed?
Yes it has been amended many times. But the forefathers never saw our country with anything near 50 states and never meant for it to be this difficult to amend. Jefferson wanted it to be reworked regularly.

They never imagined bump stocks nor the internet nor nuclear weapons nor dishwashers, yet some of you act like they were gods who saw everything coming. It is absurd.

So these laws can be changed by man? So exactly why does man have a right to own a gun? Why can't it be changed?
It can easily be changed. Talk your elected representative into sponsoring and getting a constitutional amendment passed by Congress and ratified by 38 states and anything in the current constitution can be changed.

The founding fathers realized that the constitution would need changed as our world evolved and provided a clear means to do so.

Reactions: 65TPT
Yes it has been amended many times. But the forefathers never saw our country with anything near 50 states and never meant for it to be this difficult to amend. Jefferson wanted it to be reworked regularly.

They never imagined bump stocks nor the internet nor nuclear weapons nor dishwashers, yet some of you act like they were gods who saw everything coming. It is absurd.
I never once said anything about not changing the Constitution or anything of that nature. I've just been responding to your counterpart about God-given vs God. God didn't write the Constitution. Just because humans say it's a "God-given" right doesn't mean God made the rule. I honestly can't believed I have wasted this much time trying to explain this to him.

Can a felon own a gun? These are man made laws. God didn't create these laws. God didn't create the Constitution. God gives you the right to free will, but that doesn't mean it's ok to murder.
Where in the Constitution does it say felons can't own a weapon?
That law is unconstitutional.

It can easily be changed. Talk your elected representative into sponsoring and getting a constitutional amendment passed by Congress and ratified by 38 states and anything in the current constitution can be changed.

The founding fathers realized that the constitution would need changed as our world evolved and provided a clear means to do so.

So easy, in fact, that it has been changed a whole 27 times in 236 years. Easy peasy. The last amendment of which was first put forth shortly after the Constitution went into effect and was finally ratified by enough states in 1992. It’s not that I dislike that it’s really difficult to pass an amendment, quite the contrary; I think it’s great that it’s difficult, but when people disingenuously say that it can be easily changed, that is patently false.

Reactions: HomeyR
Where in the Constitution does it say felons can't own a weapon?
That law is unconstitutional.
Didn't say it did. Hence the part of man made law. You need to read the whole thread to understand what I'm trying to explain to him or what we have been arguing about.

Easily? Clueless

You don't have to have the last word.
You literally responded to my post with a question. I answered your question.

Again you were wrong and have to divert some other way so you can have the last word to make it seem like you were correct. It's like arguing with a woman.

You literally responded to my post with a question. I answered your question.

Again you were wrong and have to divert some other way so you can have the last word to make it seem like you were correct. It's like arguing with a woman.
You don't have to have the last word.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT