ADVERTISEMENT

If KC Chiefs move?

bullitpdq68

Sep 22, 2005
Home of the Cubs!!
Does it really matter if they are the Kansas City Chiefs on the MO or KS side? I know our Gov wants to pull out all the stops but we seem to need other things before we pay for a stadium for Billioniar owners who can afford to build it on thier own.
I just don't see why we should pay for a stadium then get screwed by outrages ticket prices concessions and parking to only pay again thru taxes, now we have even started to have to pay to just to stay home and watch!! ! Let Kansas pay for them if they want them, Missouri spoke when they failed the tax increase.

Reactions: Bad Mo Mo
Personally, I couldn't care less if they are in MO or KS. As long as they stay the Kansas City Chiefs, that's all that matters to me. If they were to move locations completely, I would be devastated to tell the truth but I doubt that happens (at least that's what I'm telling myself).

Reactions: OABAAB
Does it really matter if they are the Kansas City Chiefs on the MO or KS side? I know our Gov wants to pull out all the stops but we seem to need other things before we pay for a stadium for Billioniar owners who can afford to build it on thier own.
I just don't see why we should pay for a stadium then get screwed by outrages ticket prices concessions and parking to only pay again thru taxes, now we have even started to have to pay to just to stay home and watch!! ! Let Kansas pay for them if they want them, Missouri spoke when they failed the tax increase.

I'd like to see the JoCos pay for something for once.

oh-that%27s-not-gonna-happen-brad.gif

I'm okay with them on either end. Our family usually does more things on the Kansas side of KC when we visit the metro anyways. The shops and businesses that we lean more towards decided to build there as well. Missouri has issues and needs to figure it out. Not sure if that can be done in time to keep the pro teams east of State Line Road.

I think with all the crap that's happened in Jackson County has finally pissed off the population

I'm okay with them on either end. Our family usually does more things on the Kansas side of KC when we visit the metro anyways. The shops and businesses that we lean more towards decided to build there as well. Missouri has issues and needs to figure it out. Not sure if that can be done in time to keep the pro teams east of State Line Road.
The Country Club Plaza ain't what it used to be that is for sure! Nordstrom was gonna relocate there 3 years ago decided to stay put at OP Mall..............

Reactions: Baldguy
The Country Club Plaza ain't what it used to be that is for sure! Nordstrom was gonna relocate there 3 years ago decided to stay put at OP Mall..............
Yes, we did the Plaza a time or two, but realized a lot of the stores (such as Apple, etc) there are also in Overland Park or Leawood, which we almost can almost immediately get to when we come up from the Joplin area. As for Nordstrom, being educators, we're more Nordstrom Rack budget, lol, but we've enjoyed the OP Mall in the past. Wife is more of an online shopper now. For the Missouri side, we still enjoy seeing the exhibits at Union Station, and going over the railyard on the crosswalk to Freight House Jack Stack. The other key Missouri activity is watching games at the K. We would like to go on up to the market area near the river, but just haven't done it yet. A lot of our regular trips, good food shopping, eating out, etc does occur on the Kansas side though anymore.

Reactions: thetophat2021
Yes, we did the Plaza a time or two, but realized a lot of the stores (such as Apple, etc) there are also in Overland Park or Leawood, which we almost can almost immediately get to when we come up from the Joplin area. As for Nordstrom, being educators, we're more Nordstrom Rack budget, lol, but we've enjoyed the OP Mall in the past. Wife is more of an online shopper now. For the Missouri side, we still enjoy seeing the exhibits at Union Station, and going over the railyard on the crosswalk to Freight House Jack Stack. The other key Missouri activity is watching games at the K. We would like to go on up to the market area near the river, but just haven't done it yet. A lot of our regular trips, good food shopping, eating out, etc does occur on the Kansas side though anymore.
Nothing wrong with the Rack I shop there often! It is just a shame for us older folks to see the Plaza fall to where it is today although some of the shops aren't doing bad. On that BBQ front go do yourselves a favor and go over to (yeah KS again I know LOL) Slaps on Central St in KCK just off I 70. Every bit as good as Jack Stack without the huge bill.

Nothing wrong with the Rack I shop there often! It is just a shame for us older folks to see the Plaza fall to where it is today although some of the shops aren't doing bad. On that BBQ front go do yourselves a favor and go over to (yeah KS again I know LOL) Slaps on Central St in KCK just off I 70. Every bit as good as Jack Stack without the huge bill.
Couple of others you might check out are Sneads west of Belton and Branding Iron in Harrisonville.

Reactions: OABAAB and Baldguy
The Plaza is classic KC and I do hope they can pump whatever life is needed in it to keep it preserved. I do appreciate the BBQ tip. We'll have to definitely try to check out Slaps. The name alone makes it sound good.

Reactions: thetophat2021
The Plaza is classic KC and I do hope they can pump whatever life is needed in it to keep it preserved. I do appreciate the BBQ tip. We'll have to definitely try to check out Slaps. The name alone makes it sound good.
You bet! They've won so many prestigious BBQ contest awards no room on their walls for more and you find out why literally the first bite (no I do not have relatives/friends there LOL)................line can get quite long it is a small divey joint but well worth the wait!

You bet! They've won so many prestigious BBQ contest awards no room on their walls for more and you find out why literally the first bite (no I do not have relatives/friends there LOL)................line can get quite long it is a small divey joint but well worth the wait!
Squeal Like A Pig! I think four of the first 5 or six ingredients of the sauce are different sugars, yum! It is, of course, really tasty.

Diabeetus indeed:

Ingredients: Cane Sugar, Water, Molasses, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Honey, Apple Cider Vinegar, Tomato Paste, Vinegar, Salt, Spices (including paprika), Chili Powder (chili pepper, garlic and spices), Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Caramel Coloring, Tamarind Concentrate

Diabeetus indeed:

Ingredients: Cane Sugar, Water, Molasses, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Honey, Apple Cider Vinegar, Tomato Paste, Vinegar, Salt, Spices (including paprika), Chili Powder (chili pepper, garlic and spices), Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Caramel Coloring, Tamarind Concentrate
archie comics GIF

Sugar sugar! Honey honey!

The St Louis in me is internally gleeful of the prospect. Probably just the Royals, but a man can dream.
The state would almost be better off giving all of St. Louis metro to Illinois and all of KC metro to Kansas, since hey, both those states seem to want them. And Missouri just simply charges a hefty toll to use I-70 between the two out-of-state metros. St. Louis is especially worthless in that we have a dome stadium the entire state paid for that for some reason can't still be used for state title games in a controlled environment. And that alone is the reason for the other thread on state title locations.

I hope they stay in Missouri because it’s fun to correct people I meet on the coasts who make some comment about Kansas when they see me wearing a chiefs shirt.

Ideally every city/state would agree to stop all the nonsense of paying for unnecessary new stadiums for the rich cheapskate Clark hunts of the world but as it is, states like Kansas appear to be tripping over themselves ready to hand over as much taxpayer money as it takes.

I hope they stay in Missouri because it’s fun to correct people I meet on the coasts who make some comment about Kansas when they see me wearing a chiefs shirt.

Ideally every city/state would agree to stop all the nonsense of paying for unnecessary new stadiums for the rich cheapskate Clark hunts of the world but as it is, states like Kansas appear to be tripping over themselves ready to hand over as much taxpayer money as it takes.

Basically it comes down to this: do you want to stand on your (somewhat arbitrary) principle, or do you want to have a team nearby? It sucks, but there it is.

This will all get worked out. Sorry, St. Louis and kansas.

The Royals get a riverside stadium. Chiefs take over the Kauffman site and build a retractable roof Arrowhead 2, hosting superbowls, women's final fours, and monster trucks.

Reactions: HomeyR
Hey, brother in law! MY STEELERS are playing YOUR Chiefs this upcoming season. You up for a fun wager? If MY STEELERS beat YOUR Chiefs, you owe me a six pack. If YOUR Chiefs beat MY STEELERS, I owe YOU a six pack. What say you?
Your on Sheldon... BUT... let's determine what brand of beer is at stake here. I don't want to receive a sixpack of Schlitz, Buckhorn, or Red White and Blue when Mahomes and boys stomp a mudhole on your Steelturds !
BTW...no offense but there is no way that I'm married into your family !

Reactions: shoot90draw
Hey, brother in law! MY STEELERS are playing YOUR Chiefs this upcoming season. You up for a fun wager? If MY STEELERS beat YOUR Chiefs, you owe me a six pack. If YOUR Chiefs beat MY STEELERS, I owe YOU a six pack. What say you?
Bosko will never have a 6-pack
belly-big-belly.gif

• Haha
Reactions: HomeyR
Your on Sheldon... BUT... let's determine what brand of beer is at stake here. I don't want to receive a sixpack of Schlitz, Buckhorn, or Red White and Blue when Mahomes and boys stomp a mudhole on your Steelturds !
BTW...no offense but there is no way that I'm married into your family !
I didnt realize I was dealing with a beer SNOB! But I digress. How about a six pack of PA's own, America's oldest brewery, Yuengling! I look forward to some free beer!

No offense taken! You said that gal in clown paint was MY sister and we all know that is THE Mrs. Homey! Welcome to the Boskos!

I didnt realize I was dealing with a beer SNOB! But I digress. How about a six pack of PA's own, America's oldest brewery, Yuengling! I look forward to some free beer!

No offense taken! You said that gal in clown paint was MY sister and we all know that is THE Mrs. Homey! Welcome to the Boskos!
Yuengling is OK... Rolling Rock is even better ! As for your 2nd statement... pardon me, I need to go vomit ! 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

• Haha
Reactions: shoot90draw
I'll second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and about any th for the Slaps suggestion. Best I've had.

The state would almost be better off giving all of St. Louis metro to Illinois and all of KC metro to Kansas, since hey, both those states seem to want them. And Missouri just simply charges a hefty toll to use I-70 between the two out-of-state metros. St. Louis is especially worthless in that we have a dome stadium the entire state paid for that for some reason can't still be used for state title games in a controlled environment. And that alone is the reason for the other thread on state title locations.
Good luck paying for roads and services across the state without KC and STL. 🤦🏼‍♂️

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT