ChaoticFanatic

Mar 12, 2009
THE OZARKS
Last 4 years:

2020: 27-2 , lost by 8 in QF to CJ
2021: 28-4 , State Runner-Up
2022: 27-4 , State Champs
2023: 24-8 , State 3rd Place

106-18 over the last four years, four district titles, 3 sets of state hardware.

Womack ends the season with 616 career victories as a head coach. ALL at West Plains

Graduating 5 of the Top 7 for WP and 3 starters.

Luckily, both returning starters for next year will have multiple years of varsity starting experience and both averaged in double figures this year for WP

Last 4 years:

2020: 27-2 , lost by 8 in QF to CJ
2021: 28-4 , State Runner-Up
2022: 27-4 , State Champs
2023: 24-8 , State 3rd Place

106-18 over the last four years, four district titles, 3 sets of state hardware.

Womack ends the season with 616 career victories as a head coach. ALL at West Plains

Graduating 5 of the Top 7 for WP and 3 starters.

Luckily, both returning starters for next year will have multiple years of varsity starting experience and both averaged in double figures this year for WP
Very nice resilience today, too. Shows what that program is made of.

Yes very impressive. I would say they have one more really solid run left with this group. Joyner and Lawson will lead a team that will be really good again next year. They have younger girls that can fill out the rest of the varsity lineup. After that things may drop off somewhat. Unless they have another 6 foot star coming along in the pipeline that I am not aware of.

Yes very impressive. I would say they have one more really solid run left with this group. Joyner and Lawson will lead a team that will be really good again next year. They have younger girls that can fill out the rest of the varsity lineup. After that things may drop off somewhat. Unless they have another 6 foot star coming along in the pipeline that I am not aware of.

Next year starters will be:

PG Olivia Lawson 5’8 Senior (3 year starter)
F/C Alyssa Joyner 6’1 Senior (4 year starter)
G/F Emily Dawson 5’9 Senior (played more minutes than the rest of the underclassmen this year off the bench) I think Dawson is pushing 5’10 so it will be nice to have a little bit more height in the lineup.
After that, it’s a toss up between multiple returning underclassmen.

If I had to guess, I would say that Scharnhorst and Adams would fill out the rest of the starting lineup. Both will be Sophs next year and both scored a lot of points for both the freshman and JV teams this year.

WP freshman team was 11-1 and 5-0 in the OC

And the JV team was 13-6 and 9-1 in the OC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT