Missouri: 9 kids shot

No background checks for private sales.
No permit required for concealed carry.
No permit required for open carry.
No license required for owners.
No firearm registration.
No assault weapon law.
No magazine capacity restriction.

When gunfire breaks out at the parade, Parson and his detail of good guys with guns run off like Josh Hawley at the Capitol.

i am pretty sure we have a law against murder. If the guy is willing to commit murder do you honestly think some possession or carry law is Going to make him decide he shouldn't shoot a bunch of people???

I couldn’t hear his argument over the screams of the 9 sets of grandparents.

Vermont and Washington DC have almost the exact same population.

Vermont has the loosest gun laws in the country while Washington DC has the strictest gun laws in the country.

Washington DC has a firearm homicide rate of 12 per 100,000 population

Vermont has a firearm homicide rate of less than 1 per 100,000 population

if gun laws are the answer then please explain that to me

Vermont and Washington DC have almost the exact same population.

Vermont has the loosest gun laws in the country while Washington DC has the strictest gun laws in the country.

Washington DC has a firearm homicide rate of 12 per 100,000 population

Vermont has a firearm homicide rate of less than 1 per 100,000 population

if gun laws are the answer then please explain that to me
Now do the USA vs every other civilized nation, Mr Cherry pick.

Last edited:
800 good guys with guns were securing that parade. But your side’s obsession with flooding the streets of every town in America with guns is destroying a way of life for people across the country. But hey you get to keep your 2A rights while we can’t even assemble to celebrate. Freedom? My arse.

Reactions: HomeyR
800 good guys with guns were securing that parade. But your side’s obsession with flooding the streets of every town in America with guns is destroying a way of life for people across the country. But hey you get to keep your 2A rights while we can’t even assemble to celebrate. Freedom? My arse.
Exactly!!!!
it's time to put first time offenders in jail for a very long time. It's very hard to shoot an innocent citizen when your butt is setting in a jail cell. I would say there are very good odds the parade shooters have prior criminal histories and were out walking the streets

Exactly!!!!
it's time to put first time offenders in jail for a very long time. It's very hard to shoot an innocent citizen when your butt is setting in a jail cell. I would say there are very good odds the parade shooters have prior criminal histories and were out walking the streets
You're hopping on one foot...

Exactly!!!!
so you can bitch about taxes? you dont realize how much prison space and cop OT we'll have to pay for.

Reactions: Expect2Win
so you can bitch about taxes? you dont realize how much prison space and cop OT we'll have to pay for.
I could care less how much money we spend building prisons. THey dont have to be mega high security facilities. Camps with tents and razor wire fences will keep prisoners in just fine

We shouldn’t change a thing. Mass shootings killing our grandkids are perfectly fine. Let’s fight tooth and nail for the status quo

I could care less how much money we spend building prisons. THey dont have to be mega high security facilities. Camps with tents and razor wire fences will keep prisoners in just fine
Seriously? We just don't live in a civilized society!
I am truly naive. I really thought we were trying to have some humanity in these conversations.

Reactions: HomeyR
When someone loses their temper and shoots a guy because he has easy access to guns, he is not typically thinking in a rational manner. He’s not going to stop and think “wow they raised the sentencing guidelines I should stop”. The death penalty and longer prison sentences doesn’t deter violence. It just means they will kill all the witnesses.

Thats a load of crap.

I guess it’s a load of crap if you’re always trying to look for the simple solution to complex problems. There are no simple solutions to complex problems...unless you live in an authoritarian dictatorship. Then there are all sorts of easy solutions.

The founding fathers never intended for the US Constitution to be set in stone, but, rather, an evolving document. How can anyone in good common sense think it should be legal for a bunch of 12-18 year old unsupervised boys to walk the streets packing heat??? Key words - common sense!!

I guess it’s a load of crap if you’re always trying to look for the simple solution to complex problems. There are no simple solutions to complex problems...unless you live in an authoritarian dictatorship. Then there are all sorts of easy solutions.
there are about 40 million people in the United States living at or below the poverty level. The great majority or them are hard working law abiding people. Using a persons income level as an excuse for shooting up a public gathering is just stupid.

The great mayor of Kansas City took issue with Gov Parsons calling the shooters "Thugs", just exactly what are you supposed to call criminals who have no respect for the law or human life and gun down 20 people including 9 children at a public gathering????

there are about 40 million people in the United States living at or below the poverty level. The great majority or them are hard working law abiding people. Using a persons income level as an excuse for shooting up a public gathering is just stupid.

The great mayor of Kansas City took issue with Gov Parsons calling the shooters "Thugs", just exactly what are you supposed to call criminals who have no respect for the law or human life and gun down 20 people including 9 children at a public gathering????

I’m talking about the overall problem, not one specific instance, as you well knew when you pulled out the reductive straw man . I know that it’s easy for simple people to think about things simply, so let me make it as simple as possible: just in case you weren’t aware, for every effect, there is a cause. You can’t acknowledge that and then just pin every single bad thing that happens on “evil” or “bad people.”

Countries with the same mental health issues, same video games, same drugs, same population densities, etc and worse economies dont have nearly the number of mass shootings as the USA. I wonder what is different?

Countries with the same mental health issues, same video games, same drugs, same population densities, etc and worse economies dont have nearly the number of mass shootings as the USA. I wonder what is different?
what countries would those be???
U.S. crime rates for the three violent crimes homicide, rape, robbery) were several times higher than the averages for reporting European countries. The U.S. homicide rate was 10.5-7.9 per 100,000 population compared to Europe's less than 2 per 100,000. The U.S. rate for rape was approximately seven times higher than the average for Europe. United States robbery rates were approximately four times higher than those in Europe. Theft and auto theft in the United States were approximately twice as high as in Europe. The U.S. rates for violent crime were also higher than those for Canada, Australia, and New Zealand, but differences were smaller than those for Europe. Data are based on crimes reported by law enforcement authorities to the United Nations, the International Police Organization, and the World Health Organization. The study compares data sources and discusses definitional problems in comparing crime rates among nations and cautions in comparing crime rates over time. 13 tables.

The USA crime rate for all crimes is many times that of europe, not just gun crimes

Who in the USA is committing all of these violent crimes?

Last edited:
what countries would those be???
U.S. crime rates for the three violent crimes homicide, rape, robbery) were several times higher than the averages for reporting European countries. The U.S. homicide rate was 10.5-7.9 per 100,000 population compared to Europe's less than 2 per 100,000. The U.S. rate for rape was approximately seven times higher than the average for Europe. United States robbery rates were approximately four times higher than those in Europe. Theft and auto theft in the United States were approximately twice as high as in Europe. The U.S. rates for violent crime were also higher than those for Canada, Australia, and New Zealand, but differences were smaller than those for Europe. Data are based on crimes reported by law enforcement authorities to the United Nations, the International Police Organization, and the World Health Organization. The study compares data sources and discusses definitional problems in comparing crime rates among nations and cautions in comparing crime rates over time. 13 tables.

The USA crime rate for all crimes is many times that of europe, not just gun crimes

Who in the USA is committing all of these violent crimes?

I’ll hazard a wild guess: people who are in poverty. What a weird coincidence.

I’ll hazard a wild guess: people who are in poverty. What a weird coincidence.
No

In the EU 95 million people are living in poverty ( about 22% of the population) which is much higher than the 12% of the population in the USA that live in poverty.

If it was poverty then Europe would have a much higher rate of crime than the USA not lower

The founding fathers never intended for the US Constitution to be set in stone, but, rather, an evolving document. How can anyone in good common sense think it should be legal for a bunch of 12-18 year old unsupervised boys to walk the streets packing heat??? Key words - common sense!!
Where are the parents? I think if we started throwing the parents in jail of these under age kids who commit a crime with a gun you might start seeing parents actually start to parent better.

I am so glad they charged those parents of the child who committed the mass shooting we need to see more of this!!

Where are the parents? I think if we started throwing the parents in jail of these under age kids who commit a crime with a gun you might start seeing parents actually start to parent better.

I am so glad they charged those parents of the child who committed the mass shooting we need to see more of this!!
In my humble opinion, so many of our social problems, i.e. crime, drugs, schools, gangs, are a result of the decline of the two-parent household. And the decline of two-parent households is a direct result of the Economic Opportunity Act of 1964, or the Welfare Act.

In 1960, about 12% of children lived in a single parent household in the US. Today, about 36% of children are being raised in a single parent household. In 1960, about 25% of black children lived in a single parent household. Today, 67% of black children live in a single parent household.

No

In the EU 95 million people are living in poverty ( about 22% of the population) which is much higher than the 12% of the population in the USA that live in poverty.

If it was poverty then Europe would have a much higher rate of crime than the USA not lower

These two numbers are apples and oranges, my friend. They don't measure poverty in the same way. I'm not sure a comparative study between the U.S. and Europe exists that shows Europe with a higher poverty level than the U.S. Here is an interesting read about the very obvious to literally everyone link between poverty and crime; the article talks about an interesting case study in addition to some other interesting bits:

https://www.okjusticereform.org/blog/how-poverty-drives-violent-crime

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT