ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Osage 33 - 14 Grain Valley

quadzilla200

Feb 21, 2020
Good game for 3 quarters. GV is solid and will probably be in their district championship. DE Rylan Alcanter looked very good and sophomore DJ Harris had some good runs.
Fort made mistakes early. Sophomore linebacking crew got used to varsity level by second half.
Sophomore Anthony Thompson had a huge game in his first start at LB with two forced fumbles. Sophomore Ryver Peppers had two TDs. Larenzo Fenner was playing WR and CB due to cramps with others and had a huge INT. Brock Branstetter did double duty as well playing nose guard and coming in as a 330lb fullback for a few plays including a TD.

Reactions: thetophat2021
I thought Fort came out very flat for some reason. GV is a really solid team, on defense in particular. Fort couldn't do much running the ball between tackles. Fort had pretty good success throwing the football so I was somewhat suprised they continued to pound the ball between tackles. Being able to use Peppers as a receive out of the backfield adds a nice deminsion to the offense. Looks like #47 was injured and I thought they missed him a little on the offensive side after he left so hoping he'll be back against Kearney.

The Fort defense is very good. One of their best d-lines I've seen....Branstetter dominated. The secondary is very solid and I think the young linebackers will just get better. Thompson was all over the field in his first varsity start.

Next week vs Kearney should be a good one.

Good game for 3 quarters. GV is solid and will probably be in their district championship. DE Rylan Alcanter looked very good and sophomore DJ Harris had some good runs.
Fort made mistakes early. Sophomore linebacking crew got used to varsity level by second half.
Sophomore Anthony Thompson had a huge game in his first start at LB with two forced fumbles. Sophomore Ryver Peppers had two TDs. Larenzo Fenner was playing WR and CB due to cramps with others and had a huge INT. Brock Branstetter did double duty as well playing nose guard and coming in as a 330lb fullback for a few plays including a TD.

I thought Fort came out very flat for some reason. GV is a really solid team, on defense in particular. Fort couldn't do much running the ball between tackles. Fort had pretty good success throwing the football so I was somewhat suprised they continued to pound the ball between tackles. Being able to use Peppers as a receive out of the backfield adds a nice deminsion to the offense. Looks like #47 was injured and I thought they missed him a little on the offensive side after he left so hoping he'll be back against Kearney.

The Fort defense is very good. One of their best d-lines I've seen....Branstetter dominated. The secondary is very solid and I think the young linebackers will just get better. Thompson was all over the field in his first varsity start.

Next week vs Kearney should be a good one.
Kearney had a couple of injuries to watch, too. The most obvious was one of the O Linemen also saw one of their primary RBs limp off if just a bit. NOW this is a very interesting one. I like your chances a lot but KTown is definitely heading in with momentum after that fantastic finish last night in PC! On that note I'd keep my eye on those Pirates. They are again solid on D (only team to really give that historic Smithville team some fits last year) and they have a very promising offense small as their WRs and backs are.

This Dogs team, offensively, has quite the array of athletes who will put up some very big numbers as this season rolls on and MY GOODNESS do they have a stacked JUNIOR class. I had been told about it but did not realize it was not just that many kids but lots of them are varsity and contributing big time this year.

Kearney had a couple of injuries to watch, too. The most obvious was one of the O Linemen also saw one of their primary RBs limp off if just a bit. NOW this is a very interesting one. I like your chances a lot but KTown is definitely heading in with momentum after that fantastic finish last night in PC! On that note I'd keep my eye on those Pirates. They are again solid on D (only team to really give that historic Smithville team some fits last year) and they have a very promising offense small as their WRs and backs are.

This Dogs team, offensively, has quite the array of athletes who will put up some very big numbers as this season rolls on and MY GOODNESS do they have a stacked JUNIOR class. I had been told about it but did not realize it was not just that many kids but lots of them are varsity and contributing big time this year.
The great thing about Kearney vs Fort are the ties the players have built over the years through youth football. Many have played each other as far back as kindergarten as the dominant league is Pop Warner for both schools.

Last edited:
The great thing about Kearney vs Fort are the ties the players have built over the years through youth football. Many have played each other as far back as kindergarten as the dominant league is Pop Warner for both schools.
Was just chatting with your buddy who lives across the street from me about this! I saw some of this going to my nephew's little boy's games a couple of years ago over in east Independence. Should be tons of fun! FORT80 if you get pregame time please look me up! I always sit on the home side near the press box.

Reactions: Fort80
Was just chatting with your buddy who lives across the street from me about this! I saw some of this going to my nephew's little boy's games a couple of years ago over in east Independence. Should be tons of fun! FORT80 if you get pregame time please look me up! I always sit on the home side near the press box.
Several of the sophomore players from Kearney that are starting and making a big impact already played on what ended up being the best 7th grade team in the KCYFl./Pop Warmer. They beat both of the teams that made it to the A division championship. The linebacker that had like 12 tackles and a sack on Platte county.. And one of the running backs. There’s also a defensive back from the sophomores that Was All state in track and runs a 4.5.

Last edited:

The thing about this current team with Kearney is that you have a lot of fast people which isn’t really what K was built on in the past. They do have their strongmen too, don’t get me wrong. They had a lot of folks place in the state powerlifting meet. The TE was champion at 225 lbs. And some of their lineman placed in the top three in the squat and different lifts. When you have six Allstate track athletes on your team they put you in a position to have a chance to be an every game. With Minnick coaching the way he does. Kearney is going to be a tough team to beat for the next several years to come.

The thing about this current team with Kearney is that you have a lot of fast people which isn’t really what K was built on in the past. They do have their strongmen too, don’t get me wrong. They had a lot of folks place in the state powerlifting meet. The TE was champion at 225 lbs. And some of their lineman placed in the top three in the squat and different lifts. When you have six Allstate track athletes on your team they put you in a position to have a chance to be an every game. With Minnick coaching the way he does. Kearney is going to be a tough team to beat for the next several years to come.
And THERE is the BIG key. If he stays here for the long haul this will be every bit as interesting as the Jones years BUT Logan has not been a State Champ HC.............yet.

Several of the sophomore players from Kearney that are starting and making a big impact already played on what ended up being the best 7th grade team in the KCYFl./Pop Warmer. They beat both of the teams that made it to the A division championship. The linebacker that had like 12 tackles and a sack on Platte county.. And one of the running backs. There’s also a defensive back from the sophomores that Was All state in track and runs a 4.5.
The eye popper for me was the JUNIOR class. Wow how many major contributors are in that one plus those lines will be beyond formidable next year.

The eye popper for me was the JUNIOR class. Wow how many major contributors are in that one plus those lines will be beyond formidable next year.

The sophomore class is just as good believe me, they only gave up six points total in their freshman games when they had their A team in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT