ADVERTISEMENT

Duck would you want to be an officer and leave your family behind

bullitpdq68

Sep 22, 2005
Home of the Cubs!!
Every time you face somebody you never know if they mean to do you harm, I cannot say I was friends with Christopher, but I worked with him for a few years before he went into law enforcement. I remember thinking at that time he was crazy, but he said it was something he felt he wanted to do. Read some of the memorials form his kids that will grow up with out a father. It is hard being an officer, again they face things you have no idea about.

This post was edited on 8/20 8:55 AM by bullitpdq68

Officer Down Memorial page

Bullitpdq68, would you want to be a TEENAGER who never got to live a life

because someone with too much testosterone, a little bit of authority, and a gun decided you were a threat?

Re: Bullitpdq68, would you want to be a TEENAGER who never got to live a life

Originally posted by Buck Commander:
because someone with too much testosterone, a little bit of authority, and a gun decided you were a threat?
Is that truly what happened? I mean are you so sure from what little evidence that has been released, and all the conflicting reports that you are willing to say without a doubt you know for a fact that is what happened? I mean not one agency investigating this incident has released any reports but you know for a fact that your statement is true? Yes or no?

When did someone with too much testosterone, a little bit of authority, and a gun decide the teenager was a threat?

Could it have been around the time the 6'4", 290 lb teenager was beating his skull in ?

Once again, none of us know the facts. I do not know if the officer used excessive force or not. That is why they are conducting an investigation.

Just don't understand why a respected family man and law officer, with no prior complaints is being looked on as a trouble making, racist, executioner, while the man that just robbed a store and confronted said policeman is as pure as the driven snow, just walking down the street on the way to work, carrying his lunch pail, chewing juicy fruit and humming a toon ?

Originally posted by ag-man:

When did someone with too much testosterone, a little bit of authority, and a gun decide the teenager was a threat?

Could it have been around the time the 6'4", 290 lb teenager was beating his skull in ?

Once again, none of us know the facts. I do not know if the officer used excessive force or not. That is why they are conducting an investigation.

Just don't understand why a respected family man and law officer, with no prior complaints is being looked on as a trouble making, racist, executioner, while the man that just robbed a store and confronted said policeman is as pure as the driven snow, just walking down the street on the way to work, carrying his lunch pail, chewing juicy fruit and humming a toon ?
That is what I don't understand there are so many so quick to call the officer a racist and cold blooded murder, before the investigation has even began. But forget that Michael might have started the whole process with a bad decision to engage the officer and possible try to take his gun. Forget he had just ruffed up and robbed a store keeper who was just trying to run his business, But again according to so many that is just shoplifting kids will be kids no big deal, I agree that act in itself does not warrant the kid to be gunned down, but it does show possible violent tendency and what he might be capable of.

How many bullets did that dude have in his gun? The kid was hit 6 times while facing the officer, even if you think every shot fired while he was facing the cop hit the kid how many times could he have shot at him running away? If he was running away while being shot at why would he turn around and run back into the gunfire? This 35 feet story has turned into 35 yards now? NO ONE has released any information as to how far away he was when he was shot. The info on that front is that he had no gunshot residue on his "body" so they figure he was more than 18 inches and probably more than 26 inches away from the muzzle. They have not had access to his clothing so they could check that for gunshot residue.

Apparently a guy who was a decorated police officer with a clean record for six years woke up that Saturday and intended to kill an black kid in broad day light and ruin his life.

flush.r191677.gif

Because one if them is DEAD. Forget race, a teenager is dead and the family deserves justice.

I know the kid was no angel, never claimed he was. How many of us at 18 exercised perfect judgement at all times? It's fortunate we aren't shot every time we mess up.

Originally posted by bullitpdq68:

Originally posted by ag-man:

That is what I don't understand there are so many so quick to call the officer a racist and cold blooded murder, before the investigation has even began. But forget that Michael might have started the whole process with a bad decision to engage the officer and possible try to take his gun. Forget he had just ruffed up and robbed a store keeper who was just trying to run his business, But again according to so many that is just shoplifting kids will be kids no big deal, I agree that act in itself does not warrant the kid to be gunned down, but it does show possible violent tendency and what he might be capable of.
The officer had NO IDEA that he had done anything at the store...

If he TRIED (and failed) to steal his gun, and was running away (we don't know, what we do know is he was shot repeatedly FROM A DISTANCE) what exactly justifies shooting him 6 times?

If he was rushing him, sure, shoot to kill your life is in danger. But none of you KNOW that is what happened.

Originally posted by bullitpdq68:

Is that truly what happened? I mean are you so sure from what little evidence that has been released, and all the conflicting reports that you are willing to say without a doubt you know for a fact that is what happened? I mean not one agency investigating this incident has released any reports but you know for a fact that your statement is true? Yes or no?
You seem sure the opposite is what happened. How are you so sure with the same amount of information...?

You keep saying "shot from a distance." You have NO idea if that distance was 2feet or 20 feet so get over it and the let facts come out.

Because one if them is DEAD. Forget race, a teenager is dead and the family deserves justice.

I know the kid was no angel, never claimed he was. How many of us at 18 exercised perfect judgement at all times? It's fortunate we aren't shot every time we mess up.
What is justice? Luckily for most situations like this a cell phone camera catches it. BG 82 and I both know a guy that was in a similar situation that had to do the unthinkable and a cell phone video confirmed he was within his rights to use deadly force.

My guess is there is a witness with a video that is withholding it due to their own bias.

You need to join Ducky in hiding.

He didn't have enough testosterone to keep his eye socket intact. Who had too much testosterone?
A police officer has total authority to enforce the law. Police brutallity.....the other way around.
Multiple accounts have Brown attacking the officer inside his car, busting his eye socket, and charging the officer when told to freeze. Probably crazy to think he was a threat. He was shot four times (one would assume to try to stop him) before being stopped by the last 2.

Have any of you seen the cell phone video taken at the scene directly after the shooting? Two men are in the background and one is explaining to the other what happened. He telks his buddy that they scuffled at the officer's vehicle, the two boys ran away, and then Big Mike turned around and charged the officer again and what shot in the process.

These guys didnt know they were being recorded. It was just one buddy telling the story of what he just saw to another buddy and they happened to be overheard on camera. Nothing to gain, nothing to lose.

In my mind that is the least biased witness report to be heard.

Originally posted by butterypopcorn05:
Have any of you seen the cell phone video taken at the scene directly after the shooting? Two men are in the background and one is explaining to the other what happened. He telks his buddy that they scuffled at the officer's vehicle, the two boys ran away, and then Big Mike turned around and charged the officer again and what shot in the process.

These guys didnt know they were being recorded. It was just one buddy telling the story of what he just saw to another buddy and they happened to be overheard on camera. Nothing to gain, nothing to lose.

In my mind that is the least biased witness report to be heard.
I posted that video here. No one even commented. I guess it doesn't fit in with a lot of agendas.

If the cop wasn't white, there wouldn't be a story, news crews covering it, riots, protests, or anything other than another black youth shot dead in the city.
One of these days, maybe a white cop will actually shoot a black kid just because he's a racist. I doubt it but just maybe. Then Ducky, Rumor, Buck, and all the kindred spirits can all say SEE I TOLD YOU! Until that actually happens, they will just have to keep spinning normal activities as loony and unjust.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT