ADVERTISEMENT

Does Webb City win another GAME this season?

Never claimed being a tough guy, but if you feel a certain type of way you can come have a conversation with me any Friday night. I would with almost 100% certainty guarantee ot won't end up in fist flying.
I am just busting your balls. I just think it is pretty easy to be critical when it is Webb (or any other school), but when it is your school it wouldnt be so easy. But maybe you are the exception to the rule.

you may want to consider our school district because we have better MAP scores, more teachers per student and community that supports our education system. and BTW, we have the best HS FB coach in the state. you should give us a look”. That is a positive for any community. I think that happens in Republic and Nixa now.
We have moved twice with school aged kids, and will once more before the youngest graduates. We have and will consider all of those, in some degree or another. Nothing against Joplin, Neosho, or CJ but if you’re moving to the Joplin area with kids and you don’t choose Webb or Carthage I’m just not sure you’re doing your research. It’s the same with Nixa/Ozark/Republic in the Springfield area (although I’d give Strafford and L-R a reasonable nod as well).

I can’t recall specific scenarios, but I do remember some local “moves” in Webbs past that certainly raised some eyebrows. I’m sure the Carthage folks could speak far more accurately than I could on those. I’m pretty sure that’s the sort of thing Cards is referring to.

Reactions: I2R I
We have moved twice with school aged kids, and will once more before the youngest graduates. We have and will consider all of those, in some degree or another. Nothing against Joplin, Neosho, or CJ but if you’re moving to the Joplin area with kids and you don’t choose Webb or Carthage I’m just not sure you’re doing your research. It’s the same with Nixa/Ozark/Republic in the Springfield area (although I’d give Strafford and L-R a reasonable nod as well).

I can’t recall specific scenarios, but I do remember some local “moves” in Webbs past that certainly raised some eyebrows. I’m sure the Carthage folks could speak far more accurately than I could on those. I’m pretty sure that’s the sort of thing Cards is referring to.
People move their kids to CJ for academics...not sports

1 again I'm not
2. Exactly you don't know what you are talking about
3. Obviously
4. Where??
First you make a comment about Webb you cannot prove to get attention. The you reply out of left field about GV?
Your number two statement about someone from Grain Valley being recruited means nothing on a Webb city losing thread.

Last edited:
First you make a comment about Webb you cannot prove to get attention. The you reply out left field about GV?
Your number two statement about someone from Grain Valley being recruited means nothing on a Webb city losing thread.
You must not understand the glass houses reference you made.

You must not understand the glass houses reference you made.
Just please tell me what Grain Valley has to do with this thread❓😂
I didn’t cast the first stone about not wanting to be like Webb and the accusation of recruiting.
Hence the glass house comment.

Last edited:
Just please tell me what Grain Valley has to do with this thread❓😂
Gol damn I didn't think I'd have to explain this but some folks just dense.

When you posted about folks in glass houses in response to my comments on webb recruiting you are in no uncertain words claiming where I live recruits.

If you didn't understand what it meant you probably shouldn't use it, if you knew it and are now playing dumb... cmon man

Gol damn I didn't think I'd have to explain this but some folks just dense.

When you posted about folks in glass houses in response to my comments on webb recruiting you are in no uncertain words claiming where I live recruits.

If you didn't understand what it meant you probably shouldn't use it, if you knew it and are now playing dumb... cmon

Can you please make up your mind about Grain Valley?

No sir those of us with real town pride don't want to be like Webb, I hate the recruiting they did understanding their are some legit move ins but there was also a lot of recruiting and I prefer to watch local talent earn the wins not have it recruited in. But to each theor own you can want what you want that's what makes America great
This crap is still being said? I remember moving from webb to another town my sophomore year I constantly had kids telling me webb recruits my response was always they must be good at evaluating young talent because those kids rolling through the playoffs are the same ones I played with in the 3rd grade
It amazes me that as much hate as webb has gotten not one kid that was recruited and turned them down has told mshsaa about it

Last edited:
Reactions: Arcola
Disclaimer: I’ve probably stated this before. I moved to WC in 1993, really only because of the right house bargain. Married. No kids at the time. Came from and played for a small community that has never sniffed a state football championship. I was amazed at WC’s success. Since my arrival, titles in 1997, 2000, 2001, 2006, 2008, it seemed to be the expectation in the fan base to win one every year. In 2009, WC ran into an excellent Kearney team. In 2010 I recall talking to Coach Rods brother, who had a son on the team, about my experience and the unreal expectation placed on his brother and players. I stated winning a title every year is just not realistic and an unfair burden placed on this 2010 team. As you know now , they went on to win 5 straight, included in the championships of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2019 and 2021. Absolutely crazy from my perspective. I say all this because I’ve grown to love this town, not just football. My kids both went all their years here. There has been significant turnover on both the superintendent role (none better than Dr. Lankford) and football head coach (no need to explain). However, I believe this blue collar community still has high expectations. Coach Mac will be given a fair opportunity. But in the end, if expectations are not met, changes will be made. It won’t be personal, but no one person is above the good of the program. The speak of Webb City football’s total demise is, in my opinion, total balderdash.
Shout out to my old friends I still see posting on here. Beat writer, miss seeing you at games, the website and podcasts. Best wishes.
I check in often but haven't posted in a while. I guess that long winded rant makes up for it.

Go Cards!!

Last edited:
Disclaimer: I’ve probably stated this before. I moved to WC in 1993, really only because of the right house bargain. Married. No kids at the time. Came from and played for a small community that has never sniffed a state football championship. I was amazed at WC’s success. Since my arrival, titles in 1997, 2000, 2001, 2006, 2008, it seemed to be the expectation in the fan base to win one every year. In 2009, WC ran into an excellent Kearney team. In 2010 I recall talking to Coach Rods brother, who had a son on the team, about my experience and the unreal expectation placed on his brother and players. I stated winning a title every year is just not realistic and an unfair burden placed on this 2010 team. As you know now , they went on to win 5 straight, included in the championships of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2019 and 2021. Absolutely crazy from my perspective. I say all this because I’ve grown to love this town, not just football. My kids both went all their years here. There has been significant turnover on both the superintendent role (none better than Dr. Lankford) and football head coach (no need to explain). However, I believe this blue collar community still has high expectations. Coach Mac will be given a fair opportunity. But in the end, if expectations are not met, changes will be made. It won’t be personal, but no one person is above the good of the program. The speak of Webb City football’s total demise is, in my opinion, total balderdash.
Shout out to my old friends I still see posting on here. Beat writer, miss seeing you at games, the website and podcasts. Best wishes.
I check in often but haven't posted in a while. I guess that long winded rant makes up for it.

Go Cards!!
Good, succinct, first hand observations comment.

Reactions: 7q and I2R I
This crap is still being said? I remember moving from webb to another town my sophomore year I constantly had kids telling me webb recruits my response was always they must be good at evaluating young talent because those kids rolling through the playoffs are the same ones I played with in the 3rd grade
It amazes me that as much hate as webb has gotten not one kid that was recruited and turned them down has told mshsaa about it
You act like the truth matters to mshsaa.

CJ is set up nicely with the entire portion of western Jasper County. The farmland is good money- making ground, and we can’t forget the richer housing areas. It has an excellent tax base to draw from.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT