ADVERTISEMENT

Cardinal Ritter Vs. Springfield Central

Alright folks, Serious question-
What do think about Central’s chances of beating Ritter? 🤔
This is the most wide open Class 6 Final Four in several years in my little opinion. I rate OP and CR as very slight favorites in tomorrow evening's semis will be glued to both. Fingers crossed all three C6 games match what we witnessed in that Vianney-JC game yesterday!

On that C5 note this evening's title game between DeSmet and JC is MUST SEE.

This is the most wide open Class 6 Final Four in several years in my little opinion. I rate OP and CR as very slight favorites in tomorrow evening's semis will be glued to both. Fingers crossed all three C6 games match what we witnessed in that Vianney-JC game yesterday!

On that C5 note this evening's title game between DeSmet and JC is MUST SEE.
And C5 ended up being total Sparty domination. I am going to post a little more "in depth" schedule/results analysis as I should be home from work by 4-4:30 PM today. Absolutely cannot wait to see both semis tonight!

Gonna have a hard time selling me on anything where Kickapoo is on the receiving end of disrespect.
Yeah exactly, who knows what was said from the Poo side to the Central players/fans. Central has a massive chip on their shoulders bc of their recent lack of success and bc they are the "poor" school and Poo the "rich" one

I'm not condoning that, just saying that I'm sure there was plenty of trash talking on the Poo side as well. It's the times we live in, and many of the kids - girls, boys, black, white, hispanic, etc - engage in this "in your face" stuff, more so than in the old days. I blame mostly social media.

If you want an example of how sportsmanship should be - especially in a championship game between two teams from opposite backgrounds, watch this video from 1982, it was Scott Skile's team vs a team from Gary Indiana for the state championship. Well worth the watch just for the game itself, it went into double OT

Disclaimer first: Football is my sport and I enjoy track and field competitions. Basketball is something I watch to fill time between the two. I shake my head at some of the antics I see from people, some young-some old. The games I have attended this season I have been a neutral observer just there to see two teams match up and looking for entertainment. In the high octane games I have been favorably impressed by the quality of the officiating, in stark contrast to the opinion of some coaches and fans who attacked the officials during the game and on social media after the game (very unprofessional IMO but a subject for another time). Therefore, I am not surprised by the actions of a bunch of immature teenagers in a locker room. It is just a continuation of what was going on by adults.
I think it has reached a critical juncture. I don't blame officials for getting out and don't blame others for not entering. Actually anymore when I witness true acts of civility, especially by young people, I am impressed and know for a fact they have been raised and influenced by caring people whether in the home, by teachers, by coaches or others in the community. Rant over.

Reactions: 65TPT
CR is not exactly a posterchild for Sportsmanship either, if football is any indication

Reactions: Arcola
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT