ADVERTISEMENT

C6 42. C1 42. Everyone else evenly split?

Isn't the whole purpose of an Association to listen to member's concerns and if they hold merit make changes and then evaluate those decisions? Schools big and small have some voice in MSHSAA. Every year MSHSAA sends out surveys for member schools to voice concerns. MSHSAA works with the MFBCA and takes advice from their counsel. How in the world could this be whining? Administrators, Coaches, and Schools are always going to try and do what's best for their student-athletes. If small schools being concerned about playing opponents 2-3 times their enrollment then I don't know what to tell you. I would hope in the same position you would as well.

Kinda funny the whole fact you are upset and disrespecting small schools implies you don't care for the changes. Which completely goes against everything you stand for in this argument. You are the one complaining now and therefore are a prime example of this vicious cycle your so hyped up about. I agree with you on the fact that no matter what MSHSAA implements their will be concerns. You proved that point very well.
Very valuable analysis. Thank you.

• Haha
Reactions: TadQueasy
The Class 1 argument would be for safety in my opinion. Sticking a 14 year old out there just because he is all you have can be dangerous. Heck wasn't Clinton C3 and played JV only in 2021 for that reason.

C6 is about being competitive. Take a very solid C5 like Fort. Blue Springs has 400-500 more boys to choose from.

Obviously, you occasionally have Class 4s that can definitely hang with most of C6, and even be the best. See Webb in 2012-13 beating #2 in Class 6 Rock by 21 points. But of course, that doesn't hold all the time.

The Class 1 argument would be for safety in my opinion. Sticking a 14 year old out there just because he is all you have can be dangerous. Heck wasn't Clinton C3 and played JV only in 2021 for that reason.

C6 is about being competitive. Take a very solid C5 like Fort. Blue Springs has 400-500 more boys to choose from.
Clinton went JV to protect someone's record.

Least that's what I was told.

• Wow
Reactions: kaching
Class 6, District 2 is a monster if that’s how things shake out.
burn-oh.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT