ADVERTISEMENT

C6 42. C1 42. Everyone else evenly split?

People in zizzer land are prob not going to be happy. Bumping up to class 5 more than likely

How just a MINUTE here...not all of us grew up in pool halls like you. We had older brothers that tape recorded, audio mind you, Star Trek, and listened to the episodes over and over.
Live Long And Prosper Star Trek GIF

• Haha
Reactions: BoosterBosko
How just a MINUTE here...not all of us grew up in pool halls like you. We had older brothers that tape recorded, audio mind you, Star Trek, and listened to the episodes over and over.
BUSTED I did this with an old cassette recorder in 1980! Balance of Terror. Yeah I did just admit that..............

Some of those options getting thrown around would have moved Fort to C6 which in no way would belong with schools with 2000-2500 students. Even with their legacy they are lucky to get 60-70 kids.

Yep, i think they difference in numbers against even a borderline C5/6 school like Francis Howell was evident in the C5 title game.

Reactions: thetophat2021
so we should expand?

90 playing 231 is rough guys.

At least in a class 5 school you have some bodies to recruit out of the hallways.
hmm imagine that... 90 playing 231 and then the past years before that the advantage of a private in a community over 5000. We dont know the pain??? Veer is this the first time we have agreed in the history of MOSPORTS? lol

I think there were 307 11 man schools last year.

divide by 6.

51 per class.
(ish).

This didnt' have to be complicated nor did it require this much time.

There were 311 to start the year.

For what I can tell there will be 308 next season even with the schools going to 8-man, Clayton/Brentwood co-op and it appears KC Kipp and Pleasant Hope will field varsity teams next season.

People in zizzer land are prob not going to be happy. Bumping up to class 5 more than likely
I was looking at that yesterday and I believe they were #10 or 11 in enrollment before you included the privates, so it’s going to be 50/50 as to whether they’re bumping or not I think.

Why not just divide Class 1 into two classes- Class 1A and Class 1B. If that doesn't stop the excuse making, divide it into 3. Then, if need be, 4. Whatever it takes. Give them their trophies. It doesn't matter. The games will be easy enough to keep ignoring. Whatever it takes to make the whining stop.

Why not just divide Class 1 into two classes- Class 1A and Class 1B. If that doesn't stop the excuse making, divide it into 3. Then, if need be, 4. Whatever it takes. Give them their trophies. It doesn't matter. The games will be easy enough to keep ignoring. Whatever it takes to make the whining stop.

"They like me. They really like me!"

If there is a math genius in the house - Create a formula that will still base class mostly off enrollment, but somehow add in socioeconomic status of the school.. then put them in classes. If anything, would be interesting just to see the results.

• Wow
Reactions: Veer2Eternity
Why not just divide Class 1 into two classes- Class 1A and Class 1B. If that doesn't stop the excuse making, divide it into 3. Then, if need be, 4. Whatever it takes. Give them their trophies. It doesn't matter. The games will be easy enough to keep ignoring. Whatever it takes to make the whining

Like they already do with Class 6 and 6a (5)?

If there is a math genius in the house - Create a formula that will still base class mostly off enrollment, but somehow add in socioeconomic status of the school.. then put them in classes. If anything, would be interesting just to see the results.

A federal judge tried that B.S. in Kansas City in the 1980s. After wasting millions of taxpayers' dollars by federal judge order, the end result...well 60 Minutes covered what an utter failure it was. Lefty social engineering failed again.

A federal judge tried that B.S. in Kansas City in the 1980s. After wasting millions of taxpayers' dollars by federal judge order, the end result...well 60 Minutes covered what an utter failure it was. Lefty social engineering failed again.
So if desegregation is "social engineering," how should state mandated segregation be categorized?

Funny how you failed to mention any of the concerns from larger schools in this rant. I think the concerns of Classes reaches much further than just the Class 1 schools.

Funny how you failed to mention any of the concerns from larger schools in this rant. I think the concerns of Classes reaches much further than just the Class 1 schools.
Be dismissive if you want. Hit a little too close to home?
The people that have concerns are the people that always have concerns. The people that aren't winning and looking for someone or something to blame. That never changes.

Reactions: TheRealJoey
The people that have concerns are the people that always have concerns. The people that aren't winning and looking for someone or something to blame. That never changes.
What about Class 6?

What about Class 6?
What about it? I have never been a fan of having a class with significantly more or less teams than the other classes. That includes Class 6. Nothing ever gets changed because people feel like it is the best, or most fair, system for everyone. It gets changed because people think they're somehow getting screwed. That has been the case with every single change to the classifications and playoff system for at least the last 25 years. And it's the case now. That's not going to change. But I'll still point it out every time. Even if the low level commentariat on here doesn't want to hear it.

Why not this?

The Pete Adkins State Missouri Championship Invite
. Top eight teams by computer ranking (current state system and Maxpreps/Calpreps system) receive an invitation. You can accept this honor--of being invited, or pass, and go to the standard playoffs and MSHSAA championships with less prestige. Top 16 teams in each class get to go to the MSHSSA Dance.

Gold Division Class 4 to Class 6
1. CBC vs. 8 Carthage
2 Liberty North vs. 7 Nixa
3 Francis Howell vs. 6 Blue Spring South
4. Lee's Summit North vs. 5 St. Mary's

Silver Division Class 1 to Class 3
1. Cardinal Ritter vs. 8 Pleasant Hill
2. Blair Oaks vs. 7 Bowling Green
3. Lamar vs. 6 Valle Catholic
4. East Buch vs. 5 Central

Reactions: 25WHEEL
Coach come on! Bringing up the fact that it is just not small schools who have concerns about the classifications is not dismissive. You chose to focus on small schools and neglect to mention all the concerns raised by larger schools both now and in the past. I agree smaller schools made their concerns heard they should have just like anybody else who wants to advocate for their programs.

Coach come on! Bringing up the fact that it is just not small schools who have concerns about the classifications is not dismissive. You chose to focus on small schools and neglect to mention all the concerns raised by larger schools both now and in the past. I agree smaller schools made their concerns heard they should have just like anybody else who wants to advocate for their programs.
And next year, when people "have concerns," it will be changed again. And in another couple of years, people "advocating for their programs" will "have concerns" still, and it will change again. And every time, you can act like those are legitimate problems that need to be solved, and I'll call them what they really are.

I don’t think anyone is being dismissive but it’s the fact the big schools have been catered to since moving to the 6 class system. Class 1 schools play other more than twice their size and the ratio has been growing every year where as class 6 doesn’t come close to a 2.0 ratio.

Out of curiosity what are the concerns of the larger schools?

When Class 6 was first added, all they did was take Class 5 and divide it into 2. Class 1 had always been what was leftover was put in Class 1.

The Class 1 argument would be for safety in my opinion. Sticking a 14 year old out there just because he is all you have can be dangerous. Heck wasn't Clinton C3 and played JV only in 2021 for that reason.

C6 is about being competitive. Take a very solid C5 like Fort. Blue Springs has 400-500 more boys to choose from.

And next year, when people "have concerns," it will be changed again. And in another couple of years, people "advocating for their programs" will "have concerns" still, and it will change again. And every time, you can act like those are legitimate problems that need to be solved, and I'll call them what they really are.
Isn't the whole purpose of an Association to listen to member's concerns and if they hold merit make changes and then evaluate those decisions? Schools big and small have some voice in MSHSAA. Every year MSHSAA sends out surveys for member schools to voice concerns. MSHSAA works with the MFBCA and takes advice from their counsel. How in the world could this be whining? Administrators, Coaches, and Schools are always going to try and do what's best for their student-athletes. If small schools being concerned about playing opponents 2-3 times their enrollment then I don't know what to tell you. I would hope in the same position you would as well.

Kinda funny the whole fact you are upset and disrespecting small schools implies you don't care for the changes. Which completely goes against everything you stand for in this argument. You are the one complaining now and therefore are a prime example of this vicious cycle your so hyped up about. I agree with you on the fact that no matter what MSHSAA implements their will be concerns. You proved that point very well.

Reactions: 503_Maple
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT