ADVERTISEMENT

C5#1 West Plains 57 - Ozark 34 (FINAL)

ChaoticFanatic

Mar 12, 2009
THE OZARKS
If my calculations are correct, Coach Womack needs 3 more wins to hit 600 wins in his career. All at WP over the last 30 years

Joyner drains a 3 off the glass and then picks up her second foul at the other end.
3 pt play after the FT
5-4 WP leads with 5 to go in the 1st Q

Lawson on the fastbreak underneath.
Knocks down the FT for the &1

Ball stolen by WP a few seconds later in transition and they find Lawson underneath again for another 2.

13-4 with 3:30 left in the 1st

Williams with the buzzer beater 3 to end the first quarter.

20-8 WP leads at the end of the first.

Scoring for the Lady Z
Dixon- 7
Williams- 5
Lawson- 5
Joyner- 3

31-12 West Plains leads at Half

Lady Zizzers have at least 10 steals, most of which have been in transition so far.
Scoring
Joyner- 9
Williams- 8
Dixon- 7
Lawson- 7

Hames of Ozark may have all of their points except for 1 of them.
She’s a pretty good player, just doesn’t have a supporting cast.

WP defense has been suffocating.

1Q - WP 20 - 8 Oz
2Q - WP 11 - 4 Oz
Total WP 31-12 Oz

I think Ozark is down but still impressive
That’s what I’ve heard. They play really hard, but are very inconsistent. The Hames girl is pretty impressive, considering the deficit right now.

The WP defense is better this year than it was last year in my opinion.
They’ve only been suiting up 8-9 players for the varsity games so far this year.
Defense is hitting its stride. Right before the pink and white thankfully.
Having Harris back helps a lot. She started as a soph but missed all of last year with an injury.
She plays hard and tough and having her and Lawson around, they’re the ones who are getting steals left and right.
So even with Judd graduated, every starter this year has at least a year of starting experience, 2 years for Joyner.

Will be interesting if WP and CJ end up meeting in Columbia.

Thank goodness the meeting would be at the Final 4 this year but I think this is the last year for the Final 4 in Springfield.

Reactions: ChaoticFanatic
Coach Womack picks up win #598 as the Lady Zizzers improve to 6-0 on the season with a 57-34 win over the Ozark Lady Tigers.

Leading the way for the Lady Zizzers…

*Joyner- 20
*Williams- 14
*Dixon- 12
*Lawson- 9
Gohn- 2

The Lady Z will go on the road on the road to face Nixa on Monday the 19th in what is sure to be another fun battle with the Lady Eagles in what almost feels like a rivalry game after these last 3-4 years

Thank goodness the meeting would be at the Final 4 this year but I think this is the last year for the Final 4 in Springfield.
As much of a Z supporter as I am, I can’t say that I would favor them over CJ right now.
I’ve watched a couple of their games and I think I would favor the Lady Bulldogs by 7-8 points over WP right now.
Hate to say it, but that’s just how I see it.

CJ turned a corner in the Fort Smith tournament. Dez Williams is a sophomore who is becoming a 3rd star player for the team.

Strafford comes to CJ tomorrow night.

Reactions: ChaoticFanatic
According to this CJ and WP wouldn't play until the state title game. CJ would probably have to beat John Burroughs in the semis.

CJ had an easier road to the Final 4 but WP would have an easier semi final if they make it. WP has to go through Rolla in districts and Helias in the quarters. CJ honestly almost has to play no one good until the semis (famous last words I know)

Wouldn’t that be a hell of a time.
CJ vs WP @ JQH for the state title.
Would probably be the most packed girls game at JQH during the championships regardless of class.

Hopefully this happens. Got a lot of real estate to cover between now and then for both squads.
WP will more than likely be playing Nixa twice between now and districts, as well as Kickapoo, Rolla, Lebanon(they may not be as good as advertised, but who knows) and then they’ll see some tough competition in the P&W as well as the Nixa invitational again.

It would just be nice to be in a state title game that is actually winnable...no Incarnate Word.

Reactions: mosofan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT