ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Classes - Help Needed

shovel_option

Aug 24, 2009
Starting a discussion...
What "new" 11-man teams do we have this season? Linn? O'Fallon Christian? Any others?
What teams are leaving 11-man? Wellington. Any others? KC Public schools all surviving another year? STL public schools?

What teams are being moved up another class or dropping down? St. Pius KC now will have a two class bump. Lift for Life will now have a 1 class bump. All others the same? I believe so.

Co-Ops...any new co-ops for this coming season?

DESE has building enrollments up from November 15, nothing from spring when schools submit their official enrollments to MSHSAA, so this guess will be a rough one. I'm sure a few shake-ups occurred after winter break. But first we need to identify the number of schools playing 11-man so we can get the Class 1 number correct and go from there.

Knob noster is cooping with Leeton.

Last edited:
Starting a discussion...
What "new" 11-man teams do we have this season? Linn? O'Fallon Christian? Any others?
What teams are leaving 11-man? Wellington. Any others? KC Public schools all surviving another year? STL public schools?

What teams are being moved up another class or dropping down? St. Pius KC now will have a two class bump. Lift for Life will now have a 1 class bump. All others the same? I believe so.

Co-Ops...any new co-ops for this coming season?

DESE has building enrollments up from November 15, nothing from spring when schools submit their official enrollments to MSHSAA, so this guess will be a rough one. I'm sure a few shake-ups occurred after winter break. But first we need to identify the number of schools playing 11-man so we can get the Class 1 number correct and go from there.
Would be little need for this if MSHSAA would just take total 11 man teams and divide by 6.

That'll be18k for my consulting fee .

Thank you.

Reactions: Treadmill
cry baby GIF

Here come the "Class 1 and Class 2 should be smaller, why is Class 6 so small" whiners.

From the Advisory Committee before LAST season:
Recommend establishing the following breakdown for the six (6) 11-man classifications: (8-0)
• Class 1 → 36 (Expansion up to 42 if schools return from 8-man or new schools add under the current threshold) Minimum of 32 if additional schools vacate Class 1. Use previously established tiebreaker for setting 36th school Classes 2 – 5 → approximately equal (currently projected at 56)
Class 6 → 42

So if we have Linn, O'Fallon Christian, and Pleasant Hope adding Varsity...and lose Wellington to 8 man that's a net positive two. Am I correct to assume Class 1 would now have 38 schools this fall?
Class 2 already had 57 last season. Which seems weird...just add a third team to Class 1 (39) and keep Classes 2-5 at 56 schools.

From the Advisory Committee before LAST season:
Recommend establishing the following breakdown for the six (6) 11-man classifications: (8-0)
• Class 1 → 36 (Expansion up to 42 if schools return from 8-man or new schools add under the current threshold) Minimum of 32 if additional schools vacate Class 1. Use previously established tiebreaker for setting 36th school Classes 2 – 5 → approximately equal (currently projected at 56)
Class 6 → 42

So if we have Linn, O'Fallon Christian, and Pleasant Hope adding Varsity...and lose Wellington to 8 man that's a net positive two. Am I correct to assume Class 1 would now have 38 schools this fall?
Class 2 already had 57 last season. Which seems weird...just add a third team to Class 1 (39) and keep Classes 2-5 at 56 schools.
mshsaa makes these decisions so you may wanna take the common sense part out of your theories lol.

In the off season while bored i did a nice 7 class mock up which brings more sanity than ever to the situation but mshsaa would never use it

There was a proposal to eventually divide the classes and I believe the advisory committee had the meeting in February but Mshsaa has removed all meeting minutes from previous years and has not posted from the meeting.

Reactions: Veer2Eternity
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT