ADVERTISEMENT

Willow Springs 16 - Father Tolton 43 (HALF)

And once again, we get people whining and bitching because their favorite average team that beat up on nobodies all year didn't win a state championship.
Let me pick the 8 best players in the state and then celebrate when I win a state title. So meaningful.

Let me pick the 8 best players in the state and then celebrate when I win a state title. So meaningful.
The state title game wasn't played yesterday. It will be next Saturday night in Springfield. With the 8 best players in the state, Father T should have no problem. 🙂

And once again, we get people whining and bitching because their favorite average team that beat up on nobodies all year didn't win a state championship.
The far better team won, no doubt. But to say Willow didn't play anybody, all year, is dead wrong. The private vs Public argument is old but it is very valid.

The far better team won, no doubt. But to say Willow didn't play anybody, all year, is dead wrong. The private vs Public argument is old but it is very valid.
Especially when scholarships are given and parents do not pay a dime to attend the private schools. That is where the problem is in the private vs public debate.

Reactions: MoSooner69
Incarnate Word has won a state title for girls almost every year since 2010. That alone is proof of an advantage.

But to say Willow didn't play anybody, all year, is dead wrong.
What would their record be if they played Vashon's schedule? Fr. Tolton's? New Madrid's?
My guess is the illusions of grandeur would have went away before Christmas.
That said, making the quarterfinals is not easy. Congrats to all involved.

What would their record be if they played Vashon's schedule? Fr. Tolton's? New Madrid's?
My guess is the illusions of grandeur would have went away before Christmas.
That said, making the quarterfinals is not easy. Congrats to all involved.
Or Blair Oaks. Blair Oaks beat 2 of the final 4 Class 4 teams, 2 of the Final 4 Class 5 teams and 1 of the Final 4 class 6 teams.

Reactions: Rufus R. Jones
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT