ADVERTISEMENT

Willow Springs 16 - Father Tolton 43 (HALF)

ChaoticFanatic

Mar 12, 2009
THE OZARKS
Willow Springs(22-5) will face off against Father Tolton(20-8) in a quarterfinal matchup.

Willow is the only team to have beaten Thayer this year. Notable losses are a 14 point loss to a solid Norwood team, a 1-point loss to Ava, a 19-point loss to Springfield Central(Class 6 with an enrollment triple of Willow) in the blue and gold, A head scratching loss to Hartville who they beat earlier in the year.
they tied for the SCA championship this year with the only loss coming to Ava.
Notable wins are a 9-point win over 24-6 Alton, a 9-point victory over 20-8 Greenwood, A 7-point win over 28-1 Thayer, a 33-point win over 20-9 Hollister in the district championship, a 24-point win over Lamar in Sectionals

Willow won their first district championship since 2008 this year and I was there at that sectional in 08 when they played Linn and a freshman bench player scored a layup on a fastbreak at the buzzer to send Willow home with a 59-57 loss.
they have a good group of seniors this year

anyone have any insight on Tolton?
I know they’ve got that big 6’9 porter kid and by the looks of their schedule, they are better than their record shows given the toughness of their schedule.

Willow Springs(22-5) will face off against Father Tolton(20-8) in a quarterfinal matchup.

Willow is the only team to have beaten Thayer this year. Notable losses are a 14 point loss to a solid Norwood team, a 1-point loss to Ava, a 19-point loss to Springfield Central(Class 6 with an enrollment triple of Willow) in the blue and gold, A head scratching loss to Hartville who they beat earlier in the year.
they tied for the SCA championship this year with the only loss coming to Ava.
Notable wins are a 9-point win over 24-6 Alton, a 9-point victory over 20-8 Greenwood, A 7-point win over 28-1 Thayer, a 33-point win over 20-9 Hollister in the district championship, a 24-point win over Lamar in Sectionals

Willow won their first district championship since 2008 this year and I was there at that sectional in 08 when they played Linn and a freshman bench player scored a layup on a fastbreak at the buzzer to send Willow home with a 59-57 loss.
they have a good group of seniors this year

anyone have any insight on Tolton?
I know they’ve got that big 6’9 porter kid and by the looks of their schedule, they are better than their record shows given the toughness of their schedule.
6'10" Porter, 6'9" Big Kid (Can't Remember name, he is physical), 6'5" Boyer who is physical and can shoot the 3, PG freshman Rowe (one of the top freshman in the midwest), other guard is high energy and can finish in transition. I have seen them play several times. It is unfair to comment on willow springs since I have not seen them play. Tolton schedule was tough, I see this as a route by Tolton.

6'10" Porter, 6'9" Big Kid (Can't Remember name, he is physical), 6'5" Boyer who is physical and can shoot the 3, PG freshman Rowe (one of the top freshman in the midwest), other guard is high energy and can finish in transition. I have seen them play several times. It is unfair to comment on willow springs since I have not seen them play. Tolton schedule was tough, I see this as a route by Tolton.
Just so I'll know what you mean by a route, did you think their win against Fair Grove was a route?

Chievous (son of Mizzou's all-time leading scorer) can be added to the nice players that Tolton has.

Reactions: Arcola
They are loaded... Put it this way, they beat Blair Oaks to get out of districts. BO nearly turbo clocked Nixa this year at Nixa and still lost to Tolton.

Chievous (son of Mizzou's all-time leading scorer) can be added to the nice players that Tolton has.
Chievous is probably the 4th or 5th best player on the team. Unless Willow can guard 6'10 Jevon Porter, who can do everything, 6'9 Evens Apollo who is the strongest kid in the area and can play above the rim if you dont keep a body on him, 6'6 Boyer who can shoot well and attack the rim off the dribble. 6'3 Chievous and then the top ranked freshman in his class, it may be a long night. They do not have any bad losses, unless you consider a 4 point loss to CBC to be bad. Not saying Willow can not do it, but Tolton will definately be the favorite.

Reactions: thetophat2021
Chievous is probably the 4th or 5th best player on the team. Unless Willow can guard 6'10 Jevon Porter, who can do everything, 6'9 Evens Apollo who is the strongest kid in the area and can play above the rim if you dont keep a body on him, 6'6 Boyer who can shoot well and attack the rim off the dribble. 6'3 Chievous and then the top ranked freshman in his class, it may be a long night. They do not have any bad losses, unless you consider a 4 point loss to CBC to be bad. Not saying Willow can not do it, but Tolton will definately be the favorite.
Vashon vs. Father Tolton title game????

I think Thayer was missing a starter or two in the game they lost to Willow Springs. Although that is a tremendous win regardless. Willow Springs will be big underdogs against Tolton but you never know.

I think Thayer was missing a starter or two in the game they lost to Willow Springs. Although that is a tremendous win regardless. Willow Springs will be big underdogs against Tolton but you never know.
Not true. Thayer was at full strength.

Reactions: faurotfield
I watched a couple of district basketball games this year so far and a couple of playoff games in football and haven’t had any major issues. Crossing my fingers over here.
The one district game I watched every time they went to a timeout or end of a quarter the picture went off and when I got it back it would replay 2 or 3 minutes I had already seen.

The one district game I watched every time they went to a timeout or end of a quarter the picture went off and when I got it back it would replay 2 or 3 minutes I had already seen.

The district games are usually streamed by who pays the fee to MSHSAA. In some cases, it's the host school and I've seen them do it on an iPad. It's the same through Q'Finals w/ sometimes local streaming entities picking up the bigger games. At the final 2 games, they use the same service the MSU Bears use to stream their games and it's *usually a lot better. They did have issues w/ a few games today, but as far as watching the finals, they're usually reliable. Anyway, I have read comments that MSHSAA have been quick to issue refunds for streaming quality.

The district games are usually streamed by who pays the fee to MSHSAA. In some cases, it's the host school and I've seen them do it on an iPad. It's the same through Q'Finals w/ sometimes local streaming entities picking up the bigger games. At the final 2 games, they use the same service the MSU Bears use to stream their games and it's *usually a lot better. They did have issues w/ a few games today, but as far as watching the finals, they're usually reliable. Anyway, I have read comments that MSHSAA have been quick to issue refunds for streaming quality.
That’s not fully correct. Last year MSHSAA signed a deal with Blueframe to produce to state championship games. They wanted to save money and didn’t want to spend for a real broadcast company so the MSU broadcast team doesn’t work the games anymore. Blueframe typically uses a couple of camcorders and a laptop, not great. Blueframe also hosts all content on MSHSAA.tv. Any local school or broadcast company can be cleared to stream to the Blueframe mshsaa.tv for no fee but MSHSAA keeps 80% of the PPV profits. The Blueframe platform can be glitchy at times. I streamed the Greenwood/Hartville game last year and their platform disconnected from my equipment even thought I had an excellent connection. I wish MSHSAA would give broadcast groups the option to pay a fee like the old days that would let they stream games on their own websites instead of the MSHSAA platform.

It had the big MSHSSA logo on the screen when the picture went off.

Not true. Thayer was at full strength.

Good deal, I was wrong then. I remember the Thayer coach talking the week of the Bolivar Tournament that they had only had a handful of games where he felt like squad was together, I just kind of assumed that they weren't at full strength when they played Willow Springs early on. That was a great win for Willow Springs. I wish I could be there in Lebanon tomorrow but I think I will be in Bolivar to watch Springfield Catholic play Bolivar.

Willow underneath again.
8-7 Tolton with 3:30 left in quarter 1
Tolton answers 9-7
Willow immediately answers
10-9 FT with 2:55 left in first quarter

19-9 Father Tolton at the end of the 1st Q.
it was 10-9 with about 2:30 to in the quarter and then Tolton opened it up.
I’ll say this, Willow hasn’t allowed themselves to get manhandled on the boards from the get go at least with the obvious size advantage.

Osborne underneath for Willow
Porter answers at the other end.
22-11 Father Tolton
Osborne fouled after the pump fake underneath.
he makes both at the line
22-13 FT leads

Willow hung with Tolton for most of the 1Q while Tolton was just platooning 3-4 guys in and out at a time and by the end of the first, Willows starters were pretty much done.

Lots of length and skill for Tolton, then again, that’s what you expect against a scholarship school known for basketball for the last 6-7 years.

Well now it’s showing on multiple camera angles with no announcing or scoreboard
That was my bad 😂 Our audio gear died on us and there wasn’t much time between the girls game and the boys game to troubleshoot before the boys started. That was by far the worst broadcast of my life 😂

So once again we have a school and a small town, who has probably a once in a generation team, have their season ended by a private school that is playing by totally different rules.

Reactions: hangmanbobbyjaggers
So once again we have a school and a small town, who has probably a once in a generation team, have their season ended by a private school that is playing by totally different rules.
And once again, we get people whining and bitching because their favorite average team that beat up on nobodies all year didn't win a state championship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT